What are DD users affraid of ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: InFluEnZa.6908

InFluEnZa.6908

Sounds like to me you need to learn how to actually play the class before offering some of the worst balance offset tweaks to staff someone can think of. Better yet, just go play a rifle warrior.

[DnT]Adi

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cirax.9231

Cirax.9231

LOL. I just noticed the typo.

Yeah staff is brutal if you run around alone with one. Though, even if I do, you can still generally get away if geared, slotted, and traited correctly …well providing an safety zone is in reasonable distance, like a tower, keep, or friendly zerg

I guess it is fair trade off because they don’t stand a chance against me when I have daggers out, and they always end up running away)

Hehe agreed – though I find you’re postponing the inevitable building tougher with staff, unless you’re near a safe zone like you mentioned. My philosophy with staff is: go glass or go home! Isn’t that the typical mage archetype the op was referring to? Sure you’ll die to anything that comes within a 1200 radius, but the damage is worth it, and survivability becomes much less of an issue when hiding behind the coattails of your big Norn guardian friend

Then whip out the d/d to get revenge on all those pesky thieves!

Definitely a fair trade off between weapon sets – staff could use some tweaks but imo it’s still a very good weapon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

“What are DD users affraid of ?”

Mostly condi engi/necro and having to stand in the middle of a mesmer’s shatter combo to attack them.

Things D/D eles are not afraid of: rainbows, unicorns and staff buffs.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

LOL. I just noticed the typo.

Yeah staff is brutal if you run around alone with one. Though, even if I do, you can still generally get away if geared, slotted, and traited correctly …well providing an safety zone is in reasonable distance, like a tower, keep, or friendly zerg

I guess it is fair trade off because they don’t stand a chance against me when I have daggers out, and they always end up running away)

Hehe agreed – though I find you’re postponing the inevitable building tougher with staff, unless you’re near a safe zone like you mentioned. My philosophy with staff is: go glass or go home! Isn’t that the typical mage archetype the op was referring to? Sure you’ll die to anything that comes within a 1200 radius, but the damage is worth it, and survivability becomes much less of an issue when hiding behind the coattails of your big Norn guardian friend

Then whip out the d/d to get revenge on all those pesky thieves!

Definitely a fair trade off between weapon sets – staff could use some tweaks but imo it’s still a very good weapon.

I go across the board p/t/v but I slot Beryl’s in my accessory slots / back piece. My daggers are p/t/v but my staff more damage oriented. This lets me have the flexibility to hit hard while staying alive and not having to change gear to do something else (outside of my weapon).

I may reslot a trait or two (like endurance regen for AOE radius and/or Condition removal for Aura sharing) but only if I am going to be changing up for a length of time.

in Elementalist

covenn.7165

“What are DD users affraid of ?”

Mostly condi engi/necro and having to stand in the middle of a mesmer’s shatter combo to attack them.

Things D/D eles are not afraid of: rainbows, unicorns and staff buffs.

A good mesmer really is it for me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: eldain stenlund.4306

eldain stenlund.4306

Sounds like to me you need to learn how to actually play the class before offering some of the worst balance offset tweaks to staff someone can think of. Better yet, just go play a rifle warrior.

Already have a rifle warrior.. he is great fun even tho i only have constant 76 % crit with my fury on.

Which is why the elemental class is the biggest disapointment in this game.
You have less dmg.. less burst.. half my warriors hp.. and lowest armor class.

You whould think this whould give higher ranged dmg to compensate.
But, weirdly enough… it doesnt… … …

I dont think i can ever understand why A-net released this class as it is.
The flawes on this class are so obvious.
And launching it, with skills locked into weapons. Some bad. some good.
Is just horrible, and will make it harder for them to fix and improve later on.

Fun paper concept. I can understand that.
But lanuching it, without some real forsight…
Is just hillarious when Class Design and balance is actualy very easy.
(already posted this in another thread).

Designers have a hard work ahead of them.
And i realy wish them the best of luck. And i honestly mean it.

(now i will go on a hunting trip with my rifle warrior and shoot some staff elementals

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

You still don’t get it: It’s not all about damage.
Do you expect from elementalist to be the best supporter and at the same time dealing the highest damage with AoE from 1200 range still staying alive?
What would be the point of other proffessions then if elementalist was possibly the best in every single matter (survivability, single target damage, aoe damage, group support)?
Keep in mind while warrior with riftle does indeed higher single target damage and all that with higher armor and health, he won’t get away with it once someone comes close. He doesn’t have protecting buffs (vigor, protection, regen) while elementalist can have each of those nearly 70% of the time (vigor and regen basicly all the time).
Warriors as well doesn’t have any range AoE (beside those with LB), neither many evade skills and cannony speced they are pretty easy to kill in group, not to mention they are sweet roll for any decent bunker to vs them.
If you always go for damage, keep in mind that you might get killed faster than you kill. And here comes the famous saying ‘’You can’t deal damage if you’re dead’’.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Every weapon as its uses, and what you are trying to do doesn’t really fit with staff. Staff is mainly a support/AoE weapon, sure you can do some good DPS to larger groups of enemies, but single target damage will be lacking compared to other options, that’s intended, and that’s how it should stay, D/D and staff are fine as is, scepter and focus however could use a little love.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

(edited by BLKNovember.5620)

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I’m rank 24 now (would be higher if I wasn’t playing alts), and I use every weapon. I find staff extremely fun in some situations, and s/d is quite fun now with the 3 targets in air 1. Still blocking siege with focus. The bunker builds do horrible damage. They are not fun. The only good part about them is spreading aoes up front in large zergs, and not as many repairs. If you don’t want to get stuck in staff in a zerg with the wrong build, just use lightning hammer to drop the static field, then drop the hammer. I find s/d works fastest without targeting circles on. You will need at least knights, 20 air, and 20 arcana with all boon gear to do respectable damage, and still swap without getting stuck in an attunement forever. I tried 15/30/0/15/10 (I make up my own specs) with s/d and the damage was amazing, but in a duel, it was terrible.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

You really aren’t seeing everything that is going on if this is your comment.

First you have to understand that this poster has been spamming this in numerous topics and people began with civility when responding. He initial response to this civility was namely aggressiveness and name calling. Then he followed it up by admitting that he doesn’t even play the class correctly with how it was designed.

Hopefully that clears it up for you, because I am not so sure why you are blindly defending him.

I haven’t seen any insults from him, am I missing something?

Anyway, I don’t think he doesn’t know how to use the staff effectively, but rather he refuses to do anything but straight DPS – he’s posting here in the hopes that he’ll get a ranged option more suited to his tastes. I imagine he wants a ranged weapon with more offensive skills, arranged so that each attunement is capable of good damage, much like the arrangement of d/d skills.
Since the staff obviously isn’t intended to function like that, it would likely have been more prudent to tell him to make suggestions for the scepter, rather than repeatedly tell him that he’s doing it wrong.

(Unless civility was tossed out the window in a thread I’m not aware of, in which case I won’t defend him.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

Don’t staff ele’s dish out massive dps using AOE’s from a fairly large range?

If you built your character to be this type of ele then you should not be roaming around solo or roaming period. You should be with a zerg where you can “pew pew” from the safety of a keep wall or something.

Just another noob thief…

in Elementalist

covenn.7165

You really aren’t seeing everything that is going on if this is your comment.

First you have to understand that this poster has been spamming this in numerous topics and people began with civility when responding. He initial response to this civility was namely aggressiveness and name calling. Then he followed it up by admitting that he doesn’t even play the class correctly with how it was designed.

Hopefully that clears it up for you, because I am not so sure why you are blindly defending him.

1. I haven’t seen any insults from him, am I missing something?

2. Anyway, I don’t think he doesn’t know how to use the staff effectively, but rather he refuses to do anything but straight DPS

3. (Unless civility was tossed out the window in a thread I’m not aware of, in which case I won’t defend him.)

1. Yes, it has happened in some of the places he is spamming. Moderation happens often in these forums for very little, so if you don’t readily see them now, chances are that’s what happened.

2. I have to disagree. Not switching attunement or even realizing that you have to switch attunement to even do something as simple as optimize damage supports what I said. You can’t complain about damage rightfully when you are not using all of your abilities to increase the output.

3. Yeah it was.

in Elementalist

covenn.7165

Don’t staff ele’s dish out massive dps using AOE’s from a fairly large range?

If you built your character to be this type of ele then you should not be roaming around solo or roaming period. You should be with a zerg where you can “pew pew” from the safety of a keep wall or something.

Yeah, we can spike heavy AOE damage by stacking our abilities in the right order so they land close to the same time. The ‘heavy’ part of that isn’t sustainable though because it requires attunement switching and using abilities on cool downs. Like most elementalist playing that class and weapon as designed, I rotate between spiking DPS and control/support.

Kill a bunch of people → CC a bunch of people → Kill a bunch of people → Remove a lot of conditions/heal → rinse/repeat in whatever order makes the most sense based off of cool downs and situation.

I know people hate being pidgeon-holed into 30 arcane, but I love the extra flexibility EA provides us in all of our weapon sets…. and I do use it to full effect. Thanks for the free blast finisher Anet !

in Elementalist

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’d have to question the use of zerker EQ before anything. One can make a reasonably “tanky” DPS Staff-Ele with -say- half Valkyrie and half Knights or Cavalier (Cav’d be better arguably, more crit dmg.)
As far as the overall use of Staff, I’d say its major problem lies in autoattack speed. Also, it’s a bit odd that two Staff autos apply an additional effect, but not the other two.

The last issue is less Staff as a weapon, but how Attunements were designed. Namely that the “best” Traits (if you ask most Ele players) are in Water/Arcane, somewhat Earth. Fire and Air are generally considered lackluster by comparison.

Now, as far as the OP’s issues: Fact is, I’d think many of us wouldn’t mind a few more options on (not only Staff) non-D/D weapons. Thing is, we should stick with the overall “theme” of each weaponset. Staff’s AoE, in general – both attacks and support. Focus is pretty much pure defense. Scepter’s single-target DPS/some AoE. As such, the OP’s ideas -with some modification- could be better argued on Scepter, since that’s its general role in combat.

But, as always, YMMV.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

Warrior was a fun break.
Got jumped by 4. But thankfully, i can switch my weapons.
So i went Axe/Axe.
I got 2 of them down.. before i got to submission. (4 is abit overwhelming).
But luckily, my zerg came and killed the remaining 2.
I did how ever manage to shoot down a few people also.
Best is in a Zerg. Killshot + volley. people are to busy so they dont see

Anyways.
To answear Lert one last time.

My idea for the option i want.. works like a scale.
You know, weights in different ends of a stick.

Take away from one end. the other rise.
very simple. right ? still with me Lert ?

Its the same i ask for on the staff.

I want the option to choose myself.
And myself. I whould gladly SACRIFICE.. (look it up if you dont know the word).
I sacrifice my AoE/support. to get better ranged nuker capacity.
(remember the scale Lert ? one side up, one down).

You can also do the OPPOSITE of this. (look it up if you dont know the word).
you can sacrifice some range nuker capacity.. to be STRONGER AoE/support.
(still remember the scale Lert ? up/down).

AND, this is the beauty… watch this Lert.
If you choose to specc into both.
You will have the staff just as it is today. Mediocre, jack of all trade.
(scale = middle balance, no up, no down. medium).

I dont understand what you find so incredibly Evil about this Lert.
It opens up more variations.

Is it bad, to have different food options in a store ?
or should we only have: White-Beans, nothing else. (no green,brown, just white).
I find such incredibly boring. How about you ?

(edited by eldain stenlund.4306)

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

Hijacked this from another tread for you who liked the scepter players.
http://symbolictp.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/analysis-of-cantrips-elementalists/

I havent played scepter + focus. Advent.
that weapon type seem incredibly weird and confusing.

I cant even come up with any kind of idea for it.
Its too me, a very big mess.

But what i can see in the mess… it seems to be some kind of weird half melee type.
You should run up in the front line…and CC, Deflect, and just support,
in some weird and crazy way… and juggling with 4 elements on that.

If you play scepter + focus. i realy feel sorry for you.
I mean.. kitten what a messy weird weapon.

And you want it as a ranged nuker type ? how ?

Myself, i could never dream of making a weird weapon type like this.
Did the designers had a party that night ?. seems like they had some fun

Perhaps i cant see what scepter is because iam a Dps or Tank oriented person in MMOs.
I dont like support roles. I leave that to others who find it fun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: xbaunx.6438

xbaunx.6438

Anyways.
To answear Lert one last time.

My idea for the option i want.. works like a scale.
You know, weights in different ends of a stick.

Take away from one end. the other rise.
very simple. right ? still with me Lert ?

Its the same i ask for on the staff.

I want the option to choose myself.
And myself. I whould gladly SACRIFICE.. (look it up if you dont know the word).
I sacrifice my AoE/support. to get better ranged nuker capacity.
(remember the scale Lert ? one side up, one down).

You can also do the OPPOSITE of this. (look it up if you dont know the word).
you can sacrifice some range nuker capacity.. to be STRONGER AoE/support.
(still remember the scale Lert ? up/down).

AND, this is the beauty… watch this Lert.
If you choose to specc into both.
You will have the staff just as it is today. Mediocre, jack of all trade.
(scale = middle balance, no up, no down. medium).

I actually like where you are trying to go because I too would love to be able to get a kill at 1200 range rather than having it always come down to a melee 1v1. I just think you may need to re-think your approach. You’re putting forward a scale that looks like this:

DPS oriented | Staff as-is | AoE support

The problem you aren’t considering is the right side of the scale. AoE support. What about the fact that GW2 does not employ “The Holy Trinity”, wouldn’t that make it pointless to spec heavily into AoE support? A big part of support is healing, and GW2 doesn’t have dedicated healers.

Now you only have one side to your scale.

Besides, the only way you could get enough DPS to down a target before it reaches you is to have really high burst. If you have really high burst you can bet none of it will be AoE because they’re not going to give you an “ez-mode ranged nuker” that you can use to down 5 players without them even knowing you are there.

We’re left with asking Anet to take the best AoE weapon in the game and make it single target. They’ll probably say something like “No.”

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

(what i say at bottom may seem like a very big total overhaul, and makes a totaly new class. but its realy just about adding 3 new traits. and minor fixes to skills to make them stronger in their field).

I know Xbaunx.
And i see what you are saying.

And perhaps that is the Biggest flaw GW2 made.
(wich i try find a work around).

If you have a class wich have a lot of Healing AoE support skills.
You should have the option to make that field stronger, if you specialize more in it.
(and thus make you weaker on ranged dmg overall).

It will not only create a more interesting battle field and pvp,
Where you can realy change things if you play a stronger healing/support specc.

It whould also make alot of people who like to play healers. Happy.
(and people who like stronger dmg happy).

If GW2 choose to stay as it is. (I hope it doesnt).
With no real choises of either dps or healing or nothing. just as it is now.
It will become a boring static game.

You can not have the moment of:
“I like to try be a stronger healer on the battle field, to push the tides”.
“I like to create stronger AoE dmg, (and less healing and single dmg”.
“I like to be stronger with my ranged single dmg support”.
“I like to be a hybrid, i will try a Combo”.

High point traits is crucial.
water + earth, and you have your extra strong healing, and buffing/cleansing support.
Fire + Air, and you have your stronger Single target. AND AoE.

BUT. and this is vital to not make it OP. so you can not have both single and AoE.
2 traits are needed. (3 total) at 30 point. and both need to only be in one element.
Either in fire or air, doesnt matter.

*1 Increases your Fire and Air single target dmg by XX%.
Easiest way for programer= "increase dmg on: “name” + “name” + “name”.. etc.
this way you can buff or nerf any skill on that trait easier also.

*2 Increases your AoE dmg spells by XX%.
(as above).

You can NOT have both at same time. that is vital to keep the balance.

And for the healing part you put a High 30 point trait in water or earth. doesnt matter.
*Increases your healing spells by XX%.
(as above traits, to give more control over Buff/nerf skills).

Arcane should be used as utility field only,
And stop forcing minimum 20 points for staff to get AoE.

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

Important to remember.

If you take 30 point water + 30 point fire single dmg. (or AoE dmg).
you are still balanced.

You will not have any OP burst. (you sacrifice 30 points in healing element).
so, you have lesser dmg, but abit higher survival.

so it should still be balanced with the scale.

when you think of it, it can create alot of fun and strange combinations.

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

Whould be nice if designers showed themselves.

Will GW2 ever think of something like this to give choises?
Or
will GW2 keep it static as it is.

Any answear of these whould be nice.
“Yes, we are already looking at ways to improve more choises for players”.
“No, this doesnt fit our design”.

IF.
1: Changes are looked at = Iam staying to see what happens.
2. No change in future. = I give my game to my kids to do what ever want with it and dont expect me to buy any other game in the future.

Do not take this as a threat. I just say as it is.
A static MMO game, with no real choises, is for me a very very boring game.’
But iam staying abit longer, to see if there will be any changes at all to have more choises.

in Elementalist

Lert.6287

Keep in mind it’s not game with ability trees where you either choose higher aoe damage or single strike, but you can choose weapons for that and stats.
You can still hit hell lot of damage with zerker set, but you will die really really quick.

My today’s roaming I spent 80% of the time using staff. The only thing which was really bugging me were cooldowns and partly cast time.
For me, fire #4 has tad too long cooldown and fire #5 cast time (without stability, most likely someone will disrupt you or take 50% of your hp down). It really could be 1sec lower to make staff more viable in other situations.

Yet still I can’t understand why you try to weaken staff in your writings more than it really is. Elementalist itself (traits) give boons to group and by blast/skills can give additional ones. Air #5 and Water #4 works great if somebody follows you in group – it gives time. On the other hand Earth #4 and #5 should be improved. (dd ele can immobilize more effectivly with 4 times shorter cooldown).

I’m not against staff improvment. I’m against the vision you would like it to have.
It needs boost to skills we already have, not replacement of them.

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

Lert. you dont have to channel a Full duration on Meteor shower.

As soon as you see the first meteor hit..
you can dodge away. it will still continue its full aoe duration.

I do this all time, meteor untill first drop, and interupt my channel by placing a lava font at same place.
It reduces the channel by 50 %.

About skill replacing. I only realy dislike one. the lava font.
It is the only skill i whould realy like to see a big change too.
anything is better than it is now. any ideas ?

Oh.. i found a fun idea for it.
Requires you to shift element also. wich some like.
maybe its a little abit more overhaul than i first thought. i know.

Oh.. i found a fun idea for it.
Requires you to shift element also. wich some like.
maybe its a little abit more overhaul than i first thought. i know.Name: Sticky Fire. (need a better name :P
Ability: Shoot a small burning Napalm projectile. (fast travel).
It has a High impact dmg. and create a lower dmg dot.

Now. Combine this with Air Lightning surge.
If the target is burning. it will create an AoE Explosion. (fire + more air = boom).
Spreading the napalm to other players near by also.

And as i said in my poster above.
Programers still have full controll over the spells.
And with the specialization. you can still not get OP.

trait what increase AoE dmg on “name-skill”. <— makes it possible for designers to keep it in balance.
“you have AoE trait. you do the higher AoE dmg”

“you have single target trait. you do higer impact dmg”.

The trait will be the buffer and controller of your skills.
(is that what it should be like ???

Yes, i just found a little flaw in it also.
“what if enemy is already burning”…
There might be away around this so you still need the first napalm burning, and not any other.

atleast it was a fun idea :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

What you’re asking for is a bit much imo. A pretty major overhaul of class design and mechanics is something that would take quite a bit of work on the back end and, you have to consider it from every angle to keep things as balanced as possible. I understand your frustration and I can get behind SOME of your ideas but, with what you’re asking overall I wouldn’t hold my breath if I were you.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Elementalist

Lert.6287

I do this all time, meteor untill first drop, and interupt my channel by placing a lava font at same place.
It reduces the channel by 50 %.

Oh, interesting. I didn’t know that, thanks.
Thought it’s same as ranger’s LB #5 (once interrupted, duration is gone).

Well then, devs probably will take out of it that there’s bug they need to fix. Still there are skills remaining which need improvment.

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

in Elementalist

blackgoat.5172

Yet still I can’t understand why you try to weaken staff in your writings more than it really is. Elementalist itself (traits) give boons to group and by blast/skills can give additional ones. Air #5 and Water #4 works great if somebody follows you in group – it gives time. On the other hand Earth #4 and #5 should be improved. (dd ele can immobilize more effectivly with 4 times shorter cooldown).

The answer to your question is simple. Too many players these days simply don’t care or see the benefits to “support” such as boosting the dps of your group as a whole. It’s all about “MY dps, MY dps needs to be higher I need to kill that necro in two hits”. and THEN when they drop for whatever reason they rage at whoever is around them to pick them up.

in Elementalist

Lert.6287

Probably you’re right @blackgoat.

One of the main reasons why I re-rolled to ele is it’s playstyle (attunement switching) and support it provides to group as a whole.
That’s why I run specific builds (rather stats, we all know 0-10-0-30-30/0-0-10-30-30 rolls) not focusing on critical damage.
If people want to fast-cap people, then sadl elementalist is not for them.
If I ever wanted to do that, I’d WvW on my theif, or hit 80 as mesmer.

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’m with you on half of your reason, Lert. I went in for the Attunement Dance. Although, critical damage can work … it’s not my main focus. I built for reasonable
survivability + the idea I had in my head. Namely, your classic “weather witch.” I’m 0/30/0/20/20, along those lines. Cleric Armour/Magi Trinkets. Not an “uber” build, but it works for me.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

I like the staff and I think it’s a great weapon. It could use a few improvements (I’m looking at you, Gust), but a complete overhaul is unwarranted. I’m curious how the OP plays it – do you really stay in one attunement the entire time? How are you traited and what utilities do you use?

Imo, traits and equipment are used for tipping the scale (as you put it) and weapons are used for setting the stage. If you want ranged, single target high damage – scepter may be better suited for your needs. Regardless, Staff is extremely potent when traited and equipped for damage. The down side that I’ve experienced is that I’m squishier and generally less flexible on the battle field.

Staff has a lot of damage output, but your skills have to hit. To hit a target using the staff, you either need to catch a stationary target or use our stuns, immobilizes, chills, knockbacks, and cripples to force a target to take damage. If you stay attuned to Fire, you really only have a few CC options available to you via utilities/elites. In my experience, it’s just not an effective way to play against players.

Instead, I prefer rotations like this – Eruption > Shockwave > Static Field > Ice Spike > Ice Field > Flame Burst > Lava Font > Fireball > Fireball > Finisher > Loot. For melee tanky characters, replace Finisher with Fireball > Flame Burst > Burning Retreat > Eruption (and other might stacking targeted on self) > Unstable Ground > Ice Spike (behind target) > Gust > Lightning Surge > Flame Burst > Lava Font > Fireball > Fireball > Finisher > Loot. Very effective, also lots of buttons. For fewer buttons, see other classes. Optionally, soften with Fireball/Flame Burst while luring to wall > Gust > Static Field > Fiery Greatsword (on enemy) > Whirl > Rush > Firestorm > Autoattack > Finisher > Loot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

If you cancel your Meteor Shower earlier you will get reduced number of meteors. You can also test it yourself or look it up on gw2 wiki, forums or reddit.

For me, fire #4 has tad too long cooldown and fire #5 cast time (without stability, most likely someone will disrupt you or take 50% of your hp down). It really could be 1sec lower to make staff more viable in other situations.

Switching to water (regen + soothing mist) or earth (protection) right after starting the channel can help (water 10 and arcane 10 required). Also when running with a group (or zerg) Lightning Flesh can be very helpful. You can run towards enemies, start channeling fire #5 and them immediately teleport behind other friendly players to a safer position. This also works during sieges pretty well to channel full Meteor Shower from safety.

(edited by kubetz.3058)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

People tell you that staff is useless? Run a CoF p1 with them and throw down a Meteor Storm on the effigy. That’ll shut them up.

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum

in Elementalist

Lert.6287

If you cancel your Meteor Shower earlier you will get reduced number of meteors. You can also test it yourself or look it up on gw2 wiki, forums or reddit.

Switching to water (regen + soothing mist) or earth (protection) right after starting the channel can help (water 10 and arcane 10 required). Also when running with a group (or zerg) Lightning Flesh can be very helpful. You can run towards enemies, start channeling fire #5 and them immediately teleport behind other friendly players to a safer position. This also works during sieges pretty well to channel full Meteor Shower from safety.

“Thanks”, but it’s not my first day on ele >.<

Engineer / Piken Square
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Its not like I’m afraid of using staff, its just that I feel more comfortable using daggers since I feel more agile. I use the staff weapon when running around in a big group/zerg to help out with combo fields/blast finishers like the no.5 water skill.

Broski

in Elementalist

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

“Thanks”, but it’s not my first day on ele >.<

Sorry if that offended you, but I had no idea how much experience do you have and I only saw that you didn’t know about that Meteor Shower issue with early cancellation.

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

to ryan
Iam not a polititian. I hate diplomacy. Its better to say what you want.
That way atleast people know you are sincere. (wich i prefer).

You said the company spended thousends of dollars.
Try a few millions.

Creating a game that want to rival WoW. Swtor. or Any other MMO on the current market.
Needs to spend a ton of money.

BUT, lets look at why i kind of dislike GW2 in its current state.
You see these 2 cube pictures at bottom..
Wich whould you find more fun to play with ?

Now iam gonna referense to another game. abit bad. but its the most clear picture i can think of to realy show difference.

WoW. is the Brown cube.
You have a choise to go to a deep specialization on all classes, and excell at that.
Also we have more freedom of or skills, because they are not locked into a certain weapon.

GW2 is the white cube.
your class have no real choises, because your skills are locked into special weapon types. and you have a very very limited way of specialize yourself.

Now, GW2 have still a way, to give players more options. and make it more fun and interesting…
Simply make us able to go deeper in specializations.. Stronger healers, tanks, dps.
Wich whould evolve the white cube, to look more fun and interesting.

But, sadly. for the moment, we are playing with the single white cube.
fun ? not realy. but its a new game, i want to give abit more time to see if they even have a plan in future to evolve their little white cube, to something more interesting.

Attachments:

in Elementalist

eldain stenlund.4306

Oh, and no.. i dont want GW2 to become WoW Cloning.
GW2 have something wow doesnt. WvWvW. Sieges. BIG fights. wich is fun

Just. deeper specializations, real choises with consequenses.
you know, sacrifice one part for the other.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

you wrote:

WoW designers saw people wanted choises. and gave them that.
Result = Best MMO created.. even untill today.

but then:

Oh, and no.. i dont want GW2 to become WoW

So you do not want GW2 to be the best game? Traitor!!!

IMHO WOW is trully bad noob/mass/zerg game – nowhere close to GW2.
As for you and all your forum “acitivity” pls stop trolling and finaly learn to play or go back to wow – to your beloved nab ranged nuker.

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

This is not WoW.
It will never be WoW.
Stop comparing this game to WoW.

We had a guy in the guild who everyday complained about GW2, about how this and that was so much better in WoW. How GW2 should learn all this from WoW.

What I don’t understand with this kind of mentality, is why on earth (!!!!!) do you not just go and play your kitten WoW?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

Kitten them! Use whatever weapon you want then tell them to get a life.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wooboost.8527

Wooboost.8527

I’m afraid of some changes I read in another thread, might have been speculation but I remember it saying rtl will require a target, rtl affected by cripple/chill, damage reduced on skills/auto attack dmg increased, less boon uptime, longer cd cleansing wave, & I think less condi removal. Ele dd bunk is op I think these are fair but I don’t want it, I’m scared

in Elementalist

blackgoat.5172

Simply make us able to go deeper in specializations.. Stronger healers, tanks, dps.

GW2 Abolished the trinity, what you’re saying that you want here would undermine everything they did to make this game unique. It really sounds to me like you might be happier playing a different game.