What do you guys think Ele will be like?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xynn.2748

Xynn.2748

I know Eles are extremely strong. I don’t play one, but after wasting my time getting a lolnecro to 80 I realized I should have made an Ele. I’m curious to know what the Eles themselves think will be modified about the class. I know Mist Form and AoEs are in the crosshairs, but what about D/D?

I’m going to wait after the patch to decide anything, but I thought I’d throw the question out there.

PS I am NOT trying to secretly say “nerf ele” or anything like that. I have never played the class. I think the people who have played Ele for awhile will have some insights into what may or may not be changed about the class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

We’re not sure yet as nothing concrete has been said. Generally the community isn’t happy about the announced AoE changes and the majority of long-time D/D users are also a little concerned that we’re on the “watch list”.

I’m not going to go into the history of balance changes we’ve received during beta and subsequently after release but in summary we’ve been nerfed way too often for their “no knee jerk balancing” statement to make sense.

Regardless of what they do to the class I’ll continue playing it, once you’ve been bitten by the bug you’re stuck with it. However if you’re considering a necro as loltastic then you’re in for a difficult time with an ele unless you consider the necro too easy to play.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

I know Eles are extremely strong.

PVP/WvW:

DD bunker ele has strong survivability + mobility and thats it. Damage is mediocre compared to other professions. Ele is forced to go full PVT armor where other professions can easily go for Knights (warrior) or just full Berserker (thief) without sacrificing too much defense. And ele is forced to go deep into arcana + water (again no damage).

So at the end its a trait-off. DD bunker ele sacrifices damage + range dps for survivability + mobility. The prob is people are complaining about dd ele without factoring in the trait-offs.

Its easy to just pop mist form, armor of earth + RTL away. But its extremely hard to actually kill decent enemies.

I had many 1vs1 vs decent thieves, mesmers, guardians or warriors in WvW which took FOREVER.

PVE:

Ele is far from strong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

“TRAIT-OFFS” love it!

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

PVE:

Ele is far from strong.

… right.
fyi,adding a ele in a dungeon group (only one) is one of the highest dps-increases a group can have not to say that we have combo fields and tons of utility.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

The d/d ele will soon be nerfed to the ground as the other weapon sets before it, I was there when staff was actually usable in sPvP and s/d burst was effective with arcane skills both on reasonable CD…and now…

I’ll go guardian GS, press F1-5-3 and watch people as they die all around me
..or I go mesmer s/p and press 4-5-3-f1 and instagib people

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

PVE:

Ele is far from strong.

… right.
fyi,adding a ele in a dungeon group (only one) is one of the highest dps-increases a group can have not to say that we have combo fields and tons of utility.

Highest dps increase? you mean might stackin s/d? Maybe, but s/d has no tons of combo fields (only fire fields in fact) or utility (vs staff or d/d) at all. And we CANT swap weapons in combat, so we haven’t both things at the same time. Do you play ele at all?

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

Highest dps increase? you mean might stackin s/d? Maybe, but s/d has no tons of combo fields (only fire fields in fact) or utility (vs staff or d/d) at all. And we CANT swap weapons in combat, so we haven’t both things at the same time. Do you play ele at all?

you don’t have a clue, do you?

we bring a 80% uptime of fury to all party members ( in a organized party that is)
lets say the average party member have 25% increased crit dmg. by this fury we increase the party’s overall dmg with 0,2*0,8*0,75= 12%. and, yes, that is with a staff build. combining that with 2 firefield witch other proffessions can combo inside and you bring even more dmg with might, but others have fire fields aswell but they don’t have the same amount of fury that eles have.

but imo dmg isn’t that essential and is not all that important in comparison with crowd control skills like mass chill or immobilizes and cripples… witch we have. fancy that.

so the real question is, do you even have a clue of what a ele is supposed to do in a dungeon?"

(edited by Waraxx.4286)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

I honestly think more will be done to things like dd cones/auto attack (twhich simultaneously do aoe) moreso than ranged aoe attacks.

I could be wrong of course.

I’d be willing to trade some of my staff aoe for increased direct damage options (e.g., id give up the aoe dmg from fireball if the direct damage was increased, so long as lava font and the 3 ability were left for aoe…. And meteor shower. Just an example.)

Our greatest strength can be our greatest pitfall. We have huge potential with staff (and to a lesser extent other weapons) if others utilize our combo fields. If they don’t utilize our fields, some of our potential is gone.

The question is should we be balanced around a mechanic such as combo fields that others may or may not utilize? Do devs currently balance us assuming people will utilize our fields or no? I sincerely don’t know. Would be curious to find out though.

I don’t mind it personally because I like being a class that can enhance his allies if the allies are aware of how to utilize my skills… But I can see the argument on the other side too.

(edited by Shlamorel.8714)

in Elementalist

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Elementalist is not an easy class to play. The problem with this game is that there are too many bad players. All classes are useful in dungeon, but not all classes have the same skill requirement. People rather pick Warriors and Guardians because they are easier class to pay and people die less. As an added bonus, they have high dps

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

PVP/WvW:

DD bunker ele has strong survivability + mobility and thats it. Damage is mediocre compared to other professions. Ele is forced to go full PVT armor where other professions can easily go for Knights (warrior) or just full Berserker (thief) without sacrificing too much defense. And ele is forced to go deep into arcana + water (again no damage).

So at the end its a trait-off. DD bunker ele sacrifices damage + range dps for survivability + mobility. The prob is people are complaining about dd ele without factoring in the trait-offs.

Its easy to just pop mist form, armor of earth + RTL away. But its extremely hard to actually kill decent enemies.

I had many 1vs1 vs decent thieves, mesmers, guardians or warriors in WvW which took FOREVER.

PVE:

Ele is far from strong.

nothing more to add

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in Elementalist

Xynn.2748

The question that I am asking is, what do the ele players think might be changed about the class. I know nothing has been said. I’m assuming Meteor Storm will be changed, but I don’t really know anything more about the class than that. Does it have other strong aoes?

to be honest, I think it’s pretty laughable that people are saying Ele is weak. Kunst’s EU fractal group, lv 75ish, is 1 guardian and 4 eles. Maybe he’s just gimping himself for the challenge (sarcasm, couldn’t resist). I’ve fought many eles in wvw and they are incredibly powerful; they may or may not burst kill you, but you definitely won’t kill them considering the defense/boons/condition removal/movement skills. Ele’s are also one of the “required” classes in spvp. So let’s just drop that nonsense now.

The only additional level of complication I see in Ele is that you have 4 weapon swaps instead of 2, which is actually an advantage. I understand that, as with every other profession I have ever played, one must choose between traits and gear.

PS To anyone who thinks ele is weaker than necro, I don’t even know what to say.

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

The question that I am asking is, what do the ele players think might be changed about the class. I know nothing has been said. I’m assuming Meteor Storm will be changed, but I don’t really know anything more about the class than that. Does it have other strong aoes?

to be honest, I think it’s pretty laughable that people are saying Ele is weak. Kunst’s EU fractal group, lv 75ish, is 1 guardian and 4 eles. Maybe he’s just gimping himself for the challenge (sarcasm, couldn’t resist). I’ve fought many eles in wvw and they are incredibly powerful; they may or may not burst kill you, but you definitely won’t kill them considering the defense/boons/condition removal/movement skills. Ele’s are also one of the “required” classes in spvp. So let’s just drop that nonsense now.

The only additional level of complication I see in Ele is that you have 4 weapon swaps instead of 2, which is actually an advantage. I understand that, as with every other profession I have ever played, one must choose between traits and gear.

PS To anyone who thinks ele is weaker than necro, I don’t even know what to say.

Have you actually ever played a non bunker ele? Aka have you ever played a profession that must specc in a certain way to be playable?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Well I answered your question not sure if you’re asking for more responses or if you were saying nobody had answered you yet.

I personally think they are less likely to touch pure aoe abilities (meteor shower/lava font) and more likely to change abilities that deal aoe and direct damage (many dagger abilities, fireball, etc.)

Time will tell.

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

Have you actually ever played a non bunker ele? Aka have you ever played a profession that must specc in a certain way to be playable?

i might have understood this wrong but are you implying that eles have choices in order to be playable? because last time i checked all bunker eles in pvp/wvw is running a 0/X/X/30/30 build. meaning basically no alternative ways of building a d/d bunker.

in Elementalist

Xynn.2748

Well I answered your question not sure if you’re asking for more responses or if you were saying nobody had answered you yet.

I personally think they are less likely to touch pure aoe abilities (meteor shower/lava font) and more likely to change abilities that deal aoe and direct damage (many dagger abilities, fireball, etc.)

Time will tell.

I appreciate your response very much! It’s just that some of the other posts were not on point. I played one up to 10 in wvw and I’m really impressed with everything the class can do, so I’m making one – not investing too heavily until I see how the patch turns out.

in Elementalist

Xynn.2748

How about Mesmer? Without traits Mesmers are terrible (besides portal/warp). I played around on a level 10 ele in wvw and I could do d/d, staff gave me dps/aoe/heals/debuffs/etc…with 0 trait points.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

we bring a 80% uptime of fury to all party members ( in a organized party that is)
lets say the average party member have 25% increased crit dmg. by this fury we increase the party’s overall dmg with 0,2*0,8*0,75= 12%. and, yes, that is with a staff build. combining that with 2 firefield witch other proffessions can combo inside and you bring even more dmg with might, but others have fire fields aswell but they don’t have the same amount of fury that eles have.

but imo dmg isn’t that essential and is not all that important in comparison with crowd control skills like mass chill or immobilizes and cripples… witch we have. fancy that.

so the real question is, do you even have a clue of what a ele is supposed to do in a dungeon?"

Also, with the staff, a staic field around mobs is a combo field that will proc vulnerbility with projectile and whirl finishers. The fire fields you mention will stack burning with projectile finishers and whirl finishers also. The list goes on……If the fields are well placed, the party doesn’t have to do anything special to use them, just attack as normal.

The thing is, a player has to be willing to play unselfishly to enhance the overall strength of the group, something very hard to see, and can’t be looking at how big his dps is, which he can easily see.

But, the answer to your question is, many players do not know the effect a well played ele can have in a party.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

The d/d ele will soon be nerfed to the ground as the other weapon sets before it, I was there when staff was actually usable in sPvP and s/d burst was effective with arcane skills both on reasonable CD…and now…

Basically I see it something like this. If the nerf is insane I might drop the class and jump to another 80 toon I have. Nerfing the versatile class for being versatile isn’t anything new. The big problem is most classes are dumbed down to the point its too boring to play. Likely thief, warrior, and mesmer wont even be touched ( I don’t think they need to be but fair is fair). In the long run we may end up on the class that does twice the work for half the results. I get it but why even argue anymore. I have spent that last few weeks in TSW and will return after the patch hands us some more nerfs. GL all.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

Arheundel.6451

How about Mesmer? Without traits Mesmers are terrible (besides portal/warp). I played around on a level 10 ele in wvw and I could do d/d, staff gave me dps/aoe/heals/debuffs/etc…with 0 trait points.

Hmm…mesmer staff with 0 trait does the exact same thing…oh you can’t heal? Maybe because that’s our freaking mechanic, you can still create illusions and clones with no trait , so your point is? You made an ele and checked the spells? Are you trying to tell me that you killed people with 0 traits?…such rubbish

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I know Eles are extremely strong. I don’t play one, but after wasting my time getting a lolnecro to 80 I realized I should have made an Ele. I’m curious to know what the Eles themselves think will be modified about the class. I know Mist Form and AoEs are in the crosshairs, but what about D/D?

I’m going to wait after the patch to decide anything, but I thought I’d throw the question out there.

PS I am NOT trying to secretly say “nerf ele” or anything like that. I have never played the class. I think the people who have played Ele for awhile will have some insights into what may or may not be changed about the class.

Not sure if OP is trolling….hmmmm.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

Also, with the staff, a staic field around mobs is a combo field that will proc vulnerbility with projectile and whirl finishers. The fire fields you mention will stack burning with projectile finishers and whirl finishers also. The list goes on……If the fields are well placed, the party doesn’t have to do anything special to use them, just attack as normal.

The thing is, a player has to be willing to play unselfishly to enhance the overall strength of the group, something very hard to see, and can’t be looking at how big his dps is, which he can easily see.

But, the answer to your question is, many players do not know the effect a well played ele can have in a party.

ah yes i forgot that. fields are very underestimated in the community as a whole, thus eles get the short stick.

also i’d like to answer the OP, i think i forgot to do that.

they might change on minor things like cd or or how long some of the field last. but one thing is for sure, as mention in another topic here, elites will be changed / rebalanced. they are rather weak when comparing them to what other elites does. not to mention that the most useful of them ( the elemental imo) is only a bigger version of the utility version. another feeling alot of people get is that they would rather have another utility skill than a elite.

in Elementalist

teg.1340

My DD ele has 2 combo fields whereas my warrior got 1. Not that big of a difference.

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

My DD ele has 2 combo fields whereas my warrior got 1. Not that big of a difference.

as a staff you get 6. (2 fire , 2 water , 1 frost , 1 lightning) and staff is the most commonly used in dungeons. then dd then sd and focus is for special encounters like herpies. i don’t think i’ve seen a d/f build ever.

in Elementalist

Posted by: idorian.2859

idorian.2859

at the end of the day, ppl will still complain about eles, but i’m sure we’ll continue to be the greatest class in the game, no matter if they will nerf us or not. it’s matter of skills, and mastering the elementalist it’s matter of skills. let them nerf us, we’ll survive and pwn lazy :facerollers like 1-key-warz or all-i-can-do-is-hiding&backstabbing.

in Elementalist

teg.1340

Do you really complain about too much combo fields in PVE? You should be happy about each combo field set by a party member and just use your finishers.

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

Do you really complain about too much combo fields in PVE? You should be happy about each combo field set by a party member and just use your finishers.

who said there was to many fields in pve from a ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

well you’ve never played a guardian.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Hmm…mesmer staff with 0 trait does the exact same thing…oh you can’t heal? Maybe because that’s our freaking mechanic, you can still create illusions and clones with no trait , so your point is? You made an ele and checked the spells? Are you trying to tell me that you killed people with 0 traits?…such rubbish

Well….this may just be my opinion but…illusions and clones without traits are rubbish.

They hardly do any damage, they die before they get a chance to do anything, they have no extra utility except maybe applying some select conditions and as a distraction so you’re not instantly focused down.

I think the reason mesmers are so good is because their traits are pretty nice. You can heal/regen from phants, your weak fragile clones can apply conditions for being weak/fragile/disposable, you can get boons from your illusions or even get traits to improve those phants’ damage output.

It’s not likely the newest changes will be this, but it’d be ‘nice’ if all the attunements came ‘pre-nerfed’ and then traits in that attunement line made them great. Why? Because the different traits would give you the different strengths and builds to capitalize on per attunement skill.

What if none of an elementalists’ skills created fields? But if you put traits in, say, air, certain skills in that attunement now create lightning fields at their locations? Maybe then, an elementalist could have lightning fields for any weapon rather than just 1 on a staff…because most likely you’d only have 2 attunements that could make fields. per build…but you;d have more of those fields.

My hope though is that, if some of the AoE skills are toned down (probably longer cooldowns on the bigger ones and fewer targets on the smaller ones), I hope they improve the CC and condition fields to make up for the decreased killing power (talking mostly PvE dungeons) and/or butcher the HP of trash mobs so it doesn’t take focus fire from the whole party to take a target out in a reasonable amount of effort/time.

And to note on that last part: people are focusing on the ‘AoE nerf’ but forgetting they’re looking at dungeon content as well. As is, dungeons (ran properly and not skipping 75% of it) are a pain without lots of AoE. If they toned down the HP of the trash, scaled back the number and/or improved single target skills, this probably wouldn’t be so bad. Personally though, I don’t want them to scale down the number of foes (more feels more epic, IMO) but just make them manageable either with good AoE CC or coordination.

in Elementalist

Naurgalen.2374

Auras granted by Arcane Resurrection, or by Combos will not trigger Powerful Aura’s effects.

Do I need to say more?

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

Auras granted by Arcane Resurrection,or by Combos will not trigger Powerful Aura’s effects.

that is true. what’s your point?

Do I need to say more?

since you did’t inform me about anything in your post that i did’t know of. then I’m afraid that even what you’ve already said is unneeded.

in Elementalist

Naurgalen.2374

Auras granted by Arcane Resurrection,or by Combos will not trigger Powerful Aura’s effects.

Do I need to say more?

since you did’t inform me about anything in your post that i did’t know of. then I’m afraid that even what you’ve already said is unneeded.

How you give 80% fury uptime for all the party? Staff has only 1 aura that can give fury to the party… every 30 secs.

(edited by Naurgalen.2374)

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

Do I need to say more?

How you give 80% fury uptime for all the party?

via zhephys boon ofcourse. ok i don’t have time to explain so just try it yourself:

go 0/10/0/0/0 pick zephyrs boon. and do the combo erupt + frost field. its a very easy combo to land on a person standing still. and you will see the person you try it on get the aura and is granted the boons.

now that’s just one aura. but if you do this combo;

water4 -> earth -> earth 2 -> dodge into field-> arcane wave. this way you can get 3 auras in the vicinity of the blasts. and the last aura is granted from my powerful aura with magnetic aura.

so in total 4 auras. every aura grants 5sec of fury and i have 30% increased boon duration. (5*4* 1.3 = 26) and the frost field have a 40sec cd but i have the water1 trait reducing the cd to 32. so we have fury up 26sec out of 32sec (26/32 = 0.81).

ok, its somewhat lower like 75% because the combo have some delays and such but around 80% upptime. this gives you unlimet with fury due to minor trait15 and other high dps classes like warriors have there on fury to cover the downtime.

i usually run with 20% boon duration food aswell, but that is kinda overkill sometimes

(edited by Waraxx.4286)

in Elementalist

teg.1340

lets say the average party member have 25% increased crit dmg. by this fury we increase the party’s overall dmg with 0,2*0,8*0,75= 12%. and, yes, that is with a staff build.

1. its not 12% because other professions have access to fury too.
2. its not to all party members because the radius of powerful auras is extremely low
3. two warriors stack 6-12 x might + perma fury to all party members in a much larger radius than eles

in Elementalist

Naurgalen.2374

Maybe I’m wrong cause I never tested it, but the wiki says it clearly: “Auras granted by Arcane Resurrection,or by Combos will not trigger Powerful Aura’s effects”, that means that erupt + frost field,frost field + Arcane Wave or whatever combo you do will only give the aura + fury and swiftness (Zephyrs boon) to you. The only way to give auras (+ the bonuses, like Zephyr) to others is by effectively using skills that grant auras: magnetic aura (staff) frost and shocking aura (in daggers) and fire shield (focus) or traits that makes you receive auras by using skills (like fires embrace).

I cant try it now cause I’m at work, but if the limitation is not like I write it: 1) The wiki is wrong and 2) Staff is “overpowered” and nobody uses that advantage

Edit: “overpowered” is extreme, like teg said there are other things to take in acount: range, buffs from the other classes and coordination.

(edited by Naurgalen.2374)

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

1. its not 12% because other professions have access to fury too.

well and those who build in fury in thier build also tend to have a higher critdmg so that makes up for i’d say. also some things is oncrit like weakness (or might and heal for a guardian) witch in return increases dmg. so estimating the dmg increase somewhere from 10-15% isn’t a bad estimate.

2. its not to all party members because the radius of powerful auras is extremely low

“( in a organized party that is) " read it once more and you might be able to comprehend what it means. my party members have learned that when i put down that frost field they want to be around it.

3. two warriors stack 6-12 x might + perma fury to all party members in a much larger radius than eles

you are comparing 2 warriors with 1 elementalist? wow that’s unfair. give the warriors a chance and compare them with a ranger ( no offence rangers)

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

I cant try it now cause I’m at work, but if the limitation is not like I write it: 1) The wiki is wrong and 2) Staff is “overpowered” and nobody uses that advantage

Yup, it works.

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Yup, it works.

Funny, cause when I used Ring of Fire + Magnetic Graps a few days back, it didn’t seem to give an Aura to my party. I did it a few times as well. 1st boss in AC, had a few melee players next to the boss and myself. I didn’t know about the limitation, I just assumed then that the combo auras didn’t work with the XII water trait.

in Elementalist

Leo G.4501

Yup, it works.

Funny, cause when I used Ring of Fire + Magnetic Graps a few days back, it didn’t seem to give an Aura to my party. I did it a few times as well. 1st boss in AC, had a few melee players next to the boss and myself. I didn’t know about the limitation, I just assumed then that the combo auras didn’t work with the XII water trait.

That’s a leap finisher. Using a blast finisher in an ice field = AoE frost armor = AoE fury/swiftness.

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

Yup, it works.

that’s because its a leap. only you can be given the aura from the leap. a blast however can be given to 5 different players ( 1 dosen’t have to be you) thus you give the aura to others and they are given the boons. however you can’t share auras that you receive from yourself. only those that you create yourself. there is a diffrence

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

Ah well, since Naurgalen.2374 was actually talking about Poweful Aura trait, I see how that got misinterpeted.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

There seems to be some confusion about auras here.

Frozen Ground (Ice Field) + Blast Finisher = AoE Frost Aura. This means you grant Frost Aura to 5 people within range without needing Powerful Auras. If you have the trait, Zephyr’s Boon, which grants fury and swiftness with your auras, then anyone receiving Frost Auras from this combo also gets fury and swiftness.

Next, Powerful Auras only works with skills that grant Auras (ie, Focus Fire 5, Dagger Ice 4, Dagger Air 3, Staff Earth 3, and Signets with the Fire’s Embrace trait). The only thing Powerful Auras does is share the aura with party members. Powerful Auras doesn’t work with Auras from combos or Arcane Resurrection. This means Fire/Ice Field + Leap Finisher auras (which only apply to one person) are not shared.

For staff users, Powerful Auras really only works with Staff Earth 3 (Magnetic Aura). That said, Zephyr’s Boon works with ALL your auras to provide fury and swiftness. This means that those AoE Frost Auras you can grant your party also provide fury and swiftness.

(edited by Kaleden.9386)

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

There seems to be some confusion about auras here.

Frozen Ground (Ice Field) + Blast Finisher = AoE Frost Aura. This means you grant Frost Aura to 5 people within range without needing Powerful Auras. If you have the trait, Zephyr’s Boon, which grants fury and swiftness with your auras, then anyone receiving Frost Auras from this combo also gets fury and swiftness.

Next, Powerful Auras only works with skills that grant Auras (ie, Focus Fire 5, Dagger Ice 4, Dagger Air 3, Staff Earth 3, and Signets with the Fire’s Embrace trait). The only thing Powerful Auras does is share the aura with party members. Powerful Auras doesn’t work with Auras from combos or Arcane Resurrection. This means Fire Field + Leap Finisher auras (which only apply to one person) are not shared.

For staff users, Powerful Auras really only works with Staff Earth 3 (Magnetic Aura). That said, Zephyr’s Boon works with ALL your auras to provide fury and swiftness. This means that those AoE Frost Auras you can grant your party also provide fury and swiftness.

ty for clarification the matter.

in Elementalist

Kaleden.9386

No problem. It’s one of those mechanics that isn’t really intuitive. I wish Powerful Auras worked with Arcane Resurrection and Fire/Ice Field + Leap finisher aura combos.

If you’re not using your Elite skill for anything else, you could use the Ice Elemental from Glyph of Elements for an additional Ice Field and more AoE Frost Auras and fury + swiftness from Zephyr’s Boon (or protection, if you have Elemental Shielding).

in Elementalist

Xynn.2748

I was playing my ele in wvw yesterday and I am not sure that meteor shower will be nerfed; if it is I think it will only be because staff has so many moves.

MS has a 4.5 sec casting time, that’s an eternity, and a reasonable cd and is also stationary. I’m wondering if they are talking about melee aoe more than cast aoe – for example the warrior Axe 5 (spinning axes while moving). I use that for aoe and for single target.

So far I am just stunned at everything staff can do. I hate the earth auto attack though.

Not quite ready to actually try d/d until I get some more experience and some decent survival gear. Already in love w RTL

Also, I really appreciate the details given above, that will be super helpful to someone learning the class like me. I did not notice that Erupt was a blast finisher (on a 6 sec cd!!!).

in Elementalist

Kaleden.9386

Yeah, time will tell whether the ANET crew wants to adjust our AoE attacks. Regarding the Earth auto attack in staff – it is slow and I find it misses a fair amount at long range, but it’s a projectile finisher with no cooldown that causes weakness (which halves endurance regen and some non-crit damage). I like to combo it with Ice Fields to really stack on the chill and keep enemies in my AoEs.

in Elementalist

Xynn.2748

Yeah, time will tell whether the ANET crew wants to adjust our AoE attacks. Regarding the Earth auto attack in staff – it is slow and I find it misses a fair amount at long range, but it’s a projectile finisher with no cooldown that causes weakness (which halves endurance regen and some non-crit damage). I like to combo it with Ice Fields to really stack on the chill and keep enemies in my AoEs.

Another good tip, thanks. Weakness is a great condition that can be hard to inflict.

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

No problem. It’s one of those mechanics that isn’t really intuitive. I wish Powerful Auras worked with Arcane Resurrection and Fire/Ice Field + Leap finisher aura combos.

If you’re not using your Elite skill for anything else, you could use the Ice Elemental from Glyph of Elements for an additional Ice Field and more AoE Frost Auras and fury + swiftness from Zephyr’s Boon (or protection, if you have Elemental Shielding).

yeah, i have tried this. but i’m running high fractals of the mist and there the pets die within the second i conjure them. only viable summons in high fractals are earth for tanking and air for some extra dmg. and even if it wouldn’t have been killed i find it far to unreliable and i have a hard time combo finish in it. so all in all i go with the GS in fractals for the dmg if i don’t need anything else but dmg… like the svanir boss, kitten is that boss boring.

in Elementalist

Naurgalen.2374

I tested it and Kelden is right: Zephyr’s Boon affects allies if you blast Ice Fields. Its a little tricky cause the description doesn’t says to who the boons are applied, “not area” frost armor (with leap finisher) wont work and even the wiki has a note which says “Powerful Aura will cause Zephyr’s Boon to apply fury and swiftness to allies” so one can think that that’s the only way that it can work with allies. It was my mistake for only reading and don’t testing it in the game. Ill try to update the wiki with this info so more eles can know more about what they can do.

in Elementalist

Waraxx.4286

I tested it and Kelden is right: Zephyr’s Boon affects allies if you blast Ice Fields. Its a little tricky cause the description doesn’t says to who the boons are applied, “not area” frost armor (with leap finisher) wont work and even the wiki has a note which says “Powerful Aura will cause Zephyr’s Boon to apply fury and swiftness to allies” so one can think that that’s the only way that it can work with allies. It was my mistake for only reading and don’t testing it in the game. Ill try to update the wiki with this info so more eles can know more about what they can do.

good initiative. i’ve done some improvements around the wiki myself but i haven’t botherd with details, but gj