What if?

What if?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

How would be if the air overload will get an ranged ground targeting option? I mean can it will be an OPiness factor for already viable build like cele staff? Because in my opinion this could be give to a dps build like marauder scepter focus fresh air a chance to be viable, because right by now if you go as marauder Ele near a team fight you insta die and also your game get uninstalled. Actually SF fresh air has like 0 susistain in this meta, and even if hit a full dragon thoot Phoenix combo you are going to not kill anyone, due all this tankyness and protection spamming around. So there is 0 risk about a marauder build to be OP. But maybe it could buff too much cele builds (aka df and staff cele DS tempest).
What do you think about it?

p.s.: at january will be a balance patch so, if you guys think too this could be a good idea lets try to make arenanet listen us (lol). This will promote build diversity to the Ele classe, that right by now is only an heal protection spam bot

Parabrezza

(edited by lucadiro.4519)

What if?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

Both fire and air could have been targeted ranged, but I think they made the conscious choice not to, next elite spec will probably favor the ranged specs.

PS not saying it wouldn’t be nice but I doubt they will do it.

What if?

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

Yes I’m like sure they will dont do it, but really is the best way right by now for us to have a viable dps spec in pvp, with a the lower effort from arenanet.

Edit: I think fire overload should be as it is now, because, if not, it need to have an animation changed and also need a look on the spinning part.
While air overload doesnt need anything change to be ground targeting

Parabrezza

What if?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arutha.9874

Arutha.9874

I was thinking fire overload enemy targeted, making the fire spin around your target and track their movements while the Ele has a hand up animation, it would be sweet but way overpowered if it kept same dps.

What if?

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

Well that was what I meaning when i was talking about best option with les effort, because we all know arenanet…
While water fire and earth overloads should have the animation changed to make them ground target, air overload is perfect ad it is.
Its not a big work do it

Parabrezza

What if?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Well that was what I meaning when i was talking about best option with les effort, because we all know arenanet…
While water fire and earth overloads should have the animation changed to make them ground target, air overload is perfect ad it is.
Its not a big work do it

While I’d hate to defend Anet for their blunders, it ain’t easy as that for the devs lol. Definitely not easy.

What if?

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

Well It’s actually true that maybe is not 2min of work to do it, but I already said that this change is “the best option with the less possibile work”.
This doesnt mean that It’s easy to do, but mean It’s the easier one from all the suggestion make in this forum.
And I also think is the more usefull

Parabrezza

What if?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

lucadiro.4519:..
now if you go as marauder Ele near a team fight you insta die and also your game get uninstalled. Actually SF fresh air has like 0 susistain in this meta, and even if hit a full dragon thoot Phoenix combo you are going to not kill anyone, due all this tankyness and protection spamming around

I was playing marouder s/f (non tempest) and I could beat most of other classes if I played perfectly(or close to) – granted that was just after HoT happened.
If i didn’t play perfectly though one of 3 things happened:

1) I got one shotted
2) I got two shotted
3) I got three shotted

You can dodge, shield, blink, invonur all you want. Somewhere in the end you will get hit and when you do, in current state, you will die.

And as you said thats when I uninstalled the game, and it remains uninstalled since then.

My point is, your suggested change although nice would prove of little worth with current state of ele/meta

(edited by Nutshel.7264)

What if?

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

Please, I’m not talking about 1v1 but tpvp, and even if we want to talk about 1v1 right by now SF fresh air sucks. Viper and power revenant eat you, condi reaper eat you, scrapper eat, a drud’s pet eat you…. Maybe with dragon hunter you can have chance to win if you play really flawless.
And just after HoT most of the people was smashing all the keyboard with know what was they doing, in the while you was playing a hold build in wich one you can fell conforted

Parabrezza

What if?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Please, I’m not talking about 1v1 but tpvp, and even if we want to talk about 1v1 right by now SF fresh air sucks. Viper and power revenant eat you, condi reaper eat you, scrapper eat, a drud’s pet eat you…. Maybe with dragon hunter you can have chance to win if you play really flawless.
And just after HoT most of the people was smashing all the keyboard with know what was they doing, in the while you was playing a hold build in wich one you can fell conforted

well yes, you are right, and that’s what I meant. It was hellishly difficult to do anything when opponents didn’t know wtf to do. Now it would be even harder. Hence your proposed change alone would hardly make any difference because ele issues are plenty and on many different fields

What if?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

How would be if the air overload will get an ranged ground targeting option? I mean can it will be an OPiness factor for already viable build like cele staff? Because in my opinion this could be give to a dps build like marauder scepter focus fresh air a chance to be viable, because right by now if you go as marauder Ele near a team fight you insta die and also your game get uninstalled. Actually SF fresh air has like 0 susistain in this meta, and even if hit a full dragon thoot Phoenix combo you are going to not kill anyone, due all this tankyness and protection spamming around. So there is 0 risk about a marauder build to be OP. But maybe it could buff too much cele builds (aka df and staff cele DS tempest).
What do you think about it?

p.s.: at january will be a balance patch so, if you guys think too this could be a good idea lets try to make arenanet listen us (lol). This will promote build diversity to the Ele classe, that right by now is only an heal protection spam bot

Maybe we could get a trait that makes it happen if have a scepter equipped? Or only on scepter through some other way?

Btw, currently we can follow a target with Air overload during the overload channel.

How would that work with your ground target more ranged version?
Will it lose that mobility?

I kinda like the mobility.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)