What if Overloads were Zergsmashers...?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

10+ target limits, and way larger range. Maybe different AoEs per each Overload; 1500-range cone for fire, 800 radius for air, same-as-now-with-more-targets for water, 360-or-something left-behind-Elementalist-AoE for earth, like Engineer’s Slick Shoes.

Still lacking Stability, but with a range that makes it actually-usable without fearing nearly as much crowd control. :P

Way too late for such a drastic design change, but gar durn, I’d have had fun with them, I think.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Would be more interesting but Anet somehow didn’t want Tempest to feel like a huge storm but instead some tiny localized effect for pvp…

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

But that would make sense so we’ll never get it.

ANet: “Let’s give the class with the least health and armor a frontline elite spec! But let’s not give it any stability or other good defense. Also, make it’s class mechanic 5 second long channels without any stability. Oh and also the channels will be melee range only. AREN’T WE BRILLIANT?!”

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

ANet: “Let’s give the class with the least health and armor a frontline elite spec! But let’s not give it any stability or other good defense. Also, make it’s class mechanic 5 second long channels without any stability. Oh and also the channels will be melee range only. AREN’T WE BRILLIANT?!”

This.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Yeah it’s as if Anet doesn’t play their own game. They should try to play front-line WvW without stability. Anyway most of the skills do not work in blob fights: Lightning orb damage is just wasted all around, waterfield nearly impossible to blast, blindness unnoticeable, overload impossible to cast, shouts not keeping you alive, wild fire so slow nobody stays in, damage so low every group just run over you… etc

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

If A-Net makes the radius of fire overload large, then its getting intresting. Pair with a guardian for stability and burn into the Zerg :-). you might die, but with a large radius it will hurt. Or just use earth armor… you donĀ“t need it afterwards XD.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Inkie Pinkie.9458

Inkie Pinkie.9458

The overcharge feature only helps in pve and some pvp. Ele’s cant stand in a mob in a wvw fight period. Their value is as a ranged support in healing and damage. Adding more boons auras etc does not help for what the Ele is being used for in the game. I played in wvw with the tempest and it was a" so what". If I used the water overcharge I died. If I used the earth overcharge I died etc. Running around as a solo roam in verdant was cool but did nothing for my wvw play. The rebound in a 10 second fight of two mobs and standing in 5-10 necro wells, the rebound was almost laughable. Waste of time to press the button. My guess is that the ele developer was not a wvw player, only answer it could be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

The overcharge feature only helps in pve and some pvp. Ele’s cant stand in a mob in a wvw fight period. Their value is as a ranged support in healing and damage. Adding more boons auras etc does not help for what the Ele is being used for in the game. I played in wvw with the tempest and it was a" so what". If I used the water overcharge I died. If I used the earth overcharge I died etc. Running around as a solo roam in verdant was cool but did nothing for my wvw play. The rebound in a 10 second fight of two mobs and standing in 5-10 necro wells, the rebound was almost laughable. Waste of time to press the button. My guess is that the ele developer was not a wvw player, only answer it could be.

Which Ele can stand against a scaled champ and wait for the Overcharge to appear? I have problems channeling Meteor Shower at range…. and this will just be 1shotKO Teken style!

So I’d say Tempest only have a use in PvP scene in extremely organized teams that stacks boons like crazy and stuff…. I mean cmon 2 secound boon increase?

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

To fully utilize overcharges you must use it in a team. Invis to get the drop, stab from guardian to be more save….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

what i dislike the most about tempest is how it just doesn’t feel “stormy” at all, it’s just a bit of this, a bit of cc, a bit of that, a bit of heal. when i hear the name tempest then what comes to mind is an aoe cc bot that makes corpses fly around and people running away in fear.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

What I keep hearing is people telling Tempest to use Amor of Earth. That’s the proof that shouts are bad. When you need to have both Lightning Flash and Armor of Earth, might as well switch to a cantrips build.

All the traits for shout are useless, they don’t even reduce the cooldowns.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

For something like tempest you should ask for hitting more ppl then just 5 with its buffs/ auras. Tempest is not a dps class it is a support. In a way tempest can hit more then 5 ppl with its auras due to the AoE of shout auras on-top of the GM water applying auras to other ppl when you get an aura. But a lot of the time its just covering over old auras or stacking them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA