What is an Elementalist for you?

1. Jack of all traits master of none -> versatile
2. A niche discipline which was not intended by developers but works

(edited by Wiz.1543)

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Apparently nothing in Anet’s eyes. Each patch, we either get nerfed, or other classes are buffed, in turn nerfing us indirectly.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Free kill to any competent player in PvP.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

A miserable little pile of badges.
But enough talk, STATIC FIELD.

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flamealchemist.2681

Flamealchemist.2681

A toon that anet can nerf in every patch!….and still see’s other classes deserving buffs!

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

An easy lootbag.

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

I think the problem lies in what an Elementalist should be. According to this it should be a jack of all traits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRo6W22FfTI

In my opinion as a player who loves the versatility of an Elementalist, there should be something else the Elementalist should be a master of. As long as it not conflicts with the other professions.

Why? I always feel underpowered literately every other profession is better at doing something.

What do you all think the Elementalist should be a master of what?
Please answer in a constructive way, me nor the developers get anything from answers like free kills or easy loot-bags.

(edited by Wiz.1543)

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

I feel that elementalists should be mater of versatility and therefore master of unpredictability. A foe should never know what comes next. We are now quite predictable and some may argue that we are versatile but it suffers from our low dmg and therefore were forced to sacrifice that and blow all our cooldowns to make our dmg slightly less sucky

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

it would be helpful tho to hear dev’s opinion about this in a serious discussion.

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

it would be helpful tho to hear dev’s opinion about this in a serious discussion.

Agreed, I would be pleasantly surprised if they respond to this. But I don’t have any expectations here.

What is an Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

I just created a warrior.. skills have shorter cooldowns overall yet more effect than ele skills, you have double the hit points, heavy armour, and at level 7 I was already more mobile than my ele unless I trait/rune him for it or switch weapons out manually (which anet’s game “designers” force you to) :-p
8 seconds of complete cc immunity and 4 seconds of invulnerability (x2 if traited iirc) while having access to all your skills are also nice.
oh and all your auto attacks are AoE that even hit stuff behind you (lol), so you don’t need to put any effort in it :-p

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

(edited by Antiriad.7160)