What is the best healing build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alexa deStrange.8612

Alexa deStrange.8612

I am pretty new to playing elementalist and at the moment just running with groups in WvW with full Cleric gear / Staff, and traits at 0, 0, 10, 30, 30.
(edit – with Superior Runes of Water, and Superior Sigil of Life)

Using in Water (I) Aquamancer’s Alacrity, (V)Cleansing Wave and (XI) Cleansing Water
and in Arcana (V)Elemental Attunement, (VIII) Blasting Staff, and (XI) Evasive Arcana)

I find that I am providing quite a decent amount of support to the group – no issues standing under a couple of arrow carts at a gate, but I am wondering is their a better setup for a full healing build? (maybe Apothecary for condition damage on burning?)

Comming from playing necromancer, I find survivability a bit getting used to with this class, but that I just having to adapt my playstyle.

Also, are there any plans from Anet to bring in HealingPower/Toughness/Vitality gear? – that would be most awesome for a build that does not focus on any damage.

(edited by Alexa deStrange.8612)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Have you considered supporting your fellow players through other things than healing? Say, by giving the boons (Elemental Attunement and Rune of Altruism come to mind).

Because while you seem to have a decent healing build, I can’t help but feel the need to point out that the ele is so much more than just a healer.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Everyone self-heals.
You’re best “heal” support would be cleansing and rallying.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

you could take 20 in earth and give people stability. might be more useful than removing 4 conditions in water instead of 3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alexa deStrange.8612

Alexa deStrange.8612

Thanks for your responses.

I will put on some Runes of Altruism and try that Rock Solid trait with 20 Earth and see how that compares. It seems like some sound advice, thanks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

I will put on some Runes of Altruism and try that Rock Solid trait with 20 Earth and see how that compares. It seems like some sound advice, thanks.

It will be best to go forward thinking of it as “Support” instead of “Healing” as ANet wanted to move away from the Trinity and considers the traditional healer as support.
You can still find support by way of boons, cleansing, and stuff like that, but if you just focus on making your green numbers as big as possible you’ll be let down.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

No healers in this game, just support builded characters. So the guys above me are totally right Don’t pinpoint yourself in a non-existant role while you can do much more for the group

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wiz.1543

Wiz.1543

I would replace Altruism for Dwayna. Because you have so much healing power, you are more effective at giving regeneration. ( It does scale even on other players) For more explanation I would direct you to this healing build: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Aquamancer-1/first#post2906047

No healers in this game, just support builded characters. So the guys above me are totally right Don’t pinpoint yourself in a non-existant role while you can do much more for the group

There are no pure healers in this game. But you can have a focus on healing though or giving boons. And with the new staff CC in upcoming patch you are indeed more of a support then just one healing role.

(edited by Wiz.1543)