What new builds after Dec 10(scarsm)

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Well I have only one Lvl80 and that is an Ele, started with release and never leveled another toon. Don’t accuse me to be D/D FOTM player, while before daphoenix comes out with D/D build, I was playing Ele.

But to say the truth after the nerf to cantrips. Aura, Fury, Healing, I left the class, left the game.

Now I am trying to find a reason to comeback, to find new build that can motivate me to go back.

Only good thing I see from this change this Blasting Staff going to adept Tier, which make 30/10/10/10/10 viable for Staff with all damage increase talents but that is PVE and Dungeon build, if I go to WvWvW with that build, I will spend all my money to repair my exotics.

I can’t see me going 30 to Earth to get Diamond Skin to condition immunity because how much time I will stay over %90 HP? (hack how much time I will stay over %75 and don’t forget other Earth traits you take when you try to reach 30 are also BS, if you are not trying to run Condi Build, yeah right).

I can’t imagine I can go 30 to Air for Tempest Def, while if I have 30 in Air that means I am playing S/D and I need the Fresh Air (now if the Tempest Def would be a 20 point Trait that is another thing, take away that Aura thing for stun, just give %20 more to knockdown now that is a thing and synergies with Air S/D play).

If I want to go WvWvW then I have to support again 0/10/0/30/30 (only thing we excel I think).

So what I have is 30/10/10/10/10 and 0/10/0/30/30 so why so much hassle about Dec 10 changes, it is not really bringing anything new to us.

Devs you should really accept the one thing, if you want us to use other builds, you have to give us one decent trait in Master and Grandmaster other then Water and Arcana.

While Earth/Fire/Air Master/Grandmaster combinations suck big time. You don’t want me to go 30 in water then give some decent survivability trait at 20 Earth or Air/ or Fire, otherwise it will not cut it.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

WvW ele staff post 10th dec:
0/30/0/30/10
for blob obviously

In addition, you’re saying that adept and master earth trait are for condi, its just all false.

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

The devs do not understand the elementalist class.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

WvW ele staff post 10th dec:
0/30/0/30/10
for blob obviously

In addition, you’re saying that adept and master earth trait are for condi, its just all false.

Nope I am not saying that, if you go 30 in Earth only reasonable traits you get Earth Embraces (which most of time doesn’t fire because you past the %50 to 0 to fast) or Stone Splinter which doesn’t pass that good to be a Bunker and +300 condition damage which is really good for Ele

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

Did you ever ear about rock solid ?

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

2s Stability every 10s, if you return to Earth every 10s (never saw anybody doing it) + who will let me Bunker with Staff in a competitive PVP, common if this is you understand from good Master trait, we deserve what we get as elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

2s Stability every 10s, if you return to Earth every 10s (never saw anybody doing it) + who will let me Bunker with Staff in a competitive PVP, common if this is you understand from good Master trait, we deserve what we get as elementalist.

The real gem in earth is Elemental attunement but you need boon duration to make it really worth while same with rock solid. The 2s of stability is decent. Really though we will have to see what pops up after the patch.

Alot of times a Patch comes out before hand people dismiss stuff and state they will run the same that they always did. Patch hits and someone creative makes a build. People shoot the build down with tons of “What ifs”. The creator or someone else makes a video of said build 1vX. People flock to build like wildfire new build is born. If the 1vX video is good enough you then get people rolling that profession because said build 1vX in a video.

We then get alot of that build 1vX videos over and over again. Someone states they did something different that was changing a trait so they name it the Gorilla Monster Smash’em build!.

Go to the thief forums already seen someone saying they are making a D/D ele the next patch. It easy to find Chap responded to them so it’s in the dev tracker.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I’m thinking 0/0/30/20/20

Diamond Skin- Rock Solid- Earth Embrace…The rest is obvious

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

rock solid in boon duration spec mean 4sec of stability every 10sec, its nearly imba. best uptime in the game (as necro don’t need boon duration at all) and highest frequency (wich is in my mind the real parameter to consider over duration).
PS: In boon duration set up, you are near perma prot too (can get perma with war’s banner)

@rhodoc
I also think to a 0/0/30/30/10 pure anti-condition just to troll those f… necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

rock solid in boon duration spec mean 4sec of stability every 10sec, its nearly imba. best uptime in the game (as necro don’t need boon duration at all) and highest frequency (wich is in my mind the real parameter to consider over duration).
PS: In boon duration set up, you are near perma prot too (can get perma with war’s banner)

@rhodoc
I also think to a 0/0/30/30/10 pure anti-condition just to troll those f… necro

Well i cannot give up Elemental Attunment or Blasting staff for my WvW group play ele. So i went for 20 Arcane

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jarek.2430

Jarek.2430

I have been out of Arcane for a few months now.
0/30/25/15/0 build right now – switching between S/x and Staff in wvw.

I will try 0/30/30/10/0 after dec 10th.