What new skills do you hope HoT will bring?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

We haven’t gotten much information about what we’ll be getting in HoT, and these kind of things are still subject to change, so I was wondering what some of the things everyone is realistically hoping to get in the next patch.

I’m personally hoping for an elite signet to bring signet eles back up, and to hopefully give us a 40 to 60 second cd option. It’d also be nice if we could get some boons or conditions we didn’t have access to before, like retaliation, quickness, confusion, or torment.

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I’m hoping for deceptions.
Some good weapon with good AA’s.
Some teleports.
Maybe stealth.
No warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Remedy.3429

Remedy.3429

Autoattack chains.

1 weapon set that offers a variety of ranges (possibly in different attunements)

Mantras.

No warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Piratoz.8627

Piratoz.8627

Sword or melee mainhand

single target burst

reliable (none of that infamous scepter dragonstooth or shatterstone)

NO WARHORN

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

Fast attacks with good maneuverability and reasonable evade.
An elite worth a slot.
Mantras.

NO WARHORN

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

I hope Tempest will be all about control and support via slow and blind, knock downs and stuns.

I hope to see some new mechanics on the utility skills such as pull, taunt or float effects.

I hope we get quickness!

I hope we can have some good mobility.

I hope we won’t be melee!!!

I HOPE FOR WARHORN !!!!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

I HOPE IT WILL NOT BE WARHORN!!!
It’s a weapon with ugly skins and skill animations.
I hope for melee sword, also melee weapons should give more mobility than ranged ones.

Ele is also the only proffesion with no melee weapon (dagger isn’t melee) I am not counting engi cause we know he will get hammer.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

(edited by Avador.8934)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ashamir.9574

Ashamir.9574

I hope for burst damage.
A main hand weapon.
Sword would be nice.

NO WARHORN.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kalevinrajo.8360

kalevinrajo.8360

No warhorn. I can see it working thematically, but almost all warhorn skins are abhorrent. Meanwhile, there’s several swords already in-game that work perfectly fine with elemenalism.
Wards would be nice to have.
An elite skill that doesn’t suck.

I feel like we’re lacking a real defensive option, especially in melee. We have some panic button skills, but almost all of our damage mitigation comes from positioning or dodge rolls, the same as all other classes that have access to far more blocks, evasion, or stealth. There’s really no point to running dagger over staff/scepter in SW against the likes of teragriffs or wolves because all we can do is dodge a couple times and hope for the best. Which is why I’m hoping for sword because I see that filling the gap better than warhorn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

Sword mainhand
single target burst or cleave
blinks/evades
reliable damage
NO WARHORN

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

New decent elite.
More mobility skills
More high risk high reward builds.
Dual hand war horns .

Just kidding war horn just blows

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

No warhorn. I can see it working thematically, but almost all warhorn skins are abhorrent. Meanwhile, there’s several swords already in-game that work perfectly fine with elemenalism.

There are plenty of good warhorn skins. In fact just like most other weaponsets, most weapons are plain and boring if they aren’t an ascended weapon skin, a black lion skin, a dungeon skin, a legendary, or a mystic forge skin. The only downside about warhorn skins is that there are no mystic forge skins, although for sword theres really only infinite light and whisperblade, which don’t have too much of an elementalist feel to them.

To say almost all warhorn skins are abhorrent is simply exxageration, because there are several good ones, although if you want something flashy you do have to go with black lion skins.

Also as a side note I really wish anet would hurry up and talk about the remaining elite specs. Its been over a month since they talked about reaper, and if this game is supposed to come out before august, and they have at least 7 major reveals left (counting shiro and glint for revenant) not counting other HoT content like dungeons or whatever, it seems like it will be very far away. And the stress of the idea of a warhorn which may or maynot be true seems like it is mentally taxing for you guys to deal with.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

The reason why ele should get sword and no warhorn:
New weapon should expand the current proffession, give it something that it’s lacking, give it something that the base proffession can’t use.

Ele is lacking a melee weapon with chain AA and nice mobility. New weapon shouldn’t be support themed, because ele now has a lot of support.

Also:
- Every proffession have long ranged weapon exept thief. (Thief will propably get rifle to compensate)
- Every proffession have mid ranged weapon.
- Every proffession have melee ranged weapon exept Engineer (Will mosty like get hammer to compensate) and ELE

So it should be melee weapon, that means: sword, axe or mace. And a lot of people think it is sword. It also fits ele theme perfectly.

So.. NO WARHORN PLS

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kalevinrajo.8360

kalevinrajo.8360

There are plenty of good warhorn skins. In fact just like most other weaponsets, most weapons are plain and boring if they aren’t an ascended weapon skin, a black lion skin, a dungeon skin, a legendary, or a mystic forge skin. The only downside about warhorn skins is that there are no mystic forge skins, although for sword theres really only infinite light and whisperblade, which don’t have too much of an elementalist feel to them.

I didn’t mean just Mystic Forge skins.

First off, I’m not going to talk about dungeon skins or elemental-themed sets (CoF, Corrupted, Tempest, Fused, etc) as those apply equally for the most part. I will argue that the various sword skins are far more noticeable with effects/appearances than warhorns (because most warhorn bells are fairly plain and small comparatively).

Off the top of my head, the four elements have corresponding sword skins as of right now. Firey Dragon Sword and Firebringer (I believe is the name), Jormag’s Breath, the legendary Bolt (weeps), and the Crystalline Blade/Zap for earth. Due to the number of unique skins for sword in general, that alone provides more options for magical-themed weaponry (as you noted, Mystic Sword and Whisperblade, Lord Taeres’ Shadow) or mundane (Bonetti’s Rapier, Chain Whip Sword).

My argument against warhorn skins is based on, quite simply, the lack of variety. Almost all warhorns are the same size and basic shape, and few care enough to try out more varied skins that they’re almost unmentioned or ignored. The only decent standout warhorn skin I can think of is Howler, so if you have others please feel free to correct me.

in Elementalist

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Control oriented utilities (physical type would be just fine)
ok with warhorn but prefer sword

in Elementalist

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

I wanted a MH Warhorn T_T

Could do cool things like conjuring elemental storms or enhancing friendly combo fields and blowing away hostile ones. Throw in some large cone effects and it could be a melee range AoE weapon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: trino.4832

trino.4832

I would love to see pistols and mantras for eles
I wouldn’t mind warhorns tho
And i know i am in the minority but i really don’t want swords

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Sword Main Hand.
Short Duration Water Field on Sword.
Shadow Step sword skill.
A Elite Skill that i would actually use in combat and not just to run away.
Good Synergy with current offhand weapons.

That is all

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

I didn’t mean just Mystic Forge skins.

First off, I’m not going to talk about dungeon skins or elemental-themed sets (CoF, Corrupted, Tempest, Fused, etc) as those apply equally for the most part. I will argue that the various sword skins are far more noticeable with effects/appearances than warhorns (because most warhorn bells are fairly plain and small comparatively).

Off the top of my head, the four elements have corresponding sword skins as of right now. Firey Dragon Sword and Firebringer (I believe is the name), Jormag’s Breath, the legendary Bolt (weeps), and the Crystalline Blade/Zap for earth. Due to the number of unique skins for sword in general, that alone provides more options for magical-themed weaponry (as you noted, Mystic Sword and Whisperblade, Lord Taeres’ Shadow) or mundane (Bonetti’s Rapier, Chain Whip Sword).

My argument against warhorn skins is based on, quite simply, the lack of variety. Almost all warhorns are the same size and basic shape, and few care enough to try out more varied skins that they’re almost unmentioned or ignored. The only decent standout warhorn skin I can think of is Howler, so if you have others please feel free to correct me.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cutthroat_Caller

This one’s pretty cool. It has a darker theme to it, so probably not the best for Ele, but it is a fairly unique warhorn skin.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Seraph_Warhorn

This one has a pretty cool slimmer look to it from the wings and whatnot.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Song_of_the_Temptress

This one is fairly nice too

Anyway those were just a few rather basic ones that I think look nice. Of course the best looking skins besides howler are going to be in weaponsets such as Chaos/LeyLine/Daydreamer whatever, but in general thats how it is with most weapon types, especailly for offhand weapons that aren’t foci. What non set-themed torch skin is particularly nice or relevant to you?

But yeah, no hard feelings, I just feel that most people in these forums immediately dismiss the thought of a warhorn because its not objectively “cool” or aesthetically ideal to them. How awesome something looks is honestly subjective and I find that any type of weapon can satisfy me when making a character look cool, no matter what type it is.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: SongOfDestruction.2984

SongOfDestruction.2984

I’m hoping HoT will bring us more cantrips, because anet has already shown us that they want every other type of utility to be trash tier.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jaetara.4075

Jaetara.4075

ahahaha guys I am laughing so much! I don’t really care what weapon do we get, as long as it has interesting and strategic skills! But there is something about you not wanting Warhorn for no valid reason, that makes me want Warhorn specifically! So…

WE WANT WARHORNS, GIVE US WARHORNS!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

I really want Ele to have decent Chill related skill, longer chill duration, and make Chill condition able to deal damage.

New Ice / Water theme Elite spell. (We have Fire, Air and Glyph… as Arcane)

Weapon Wise, I’m really not a fan of close range melee weapon for Elementalist. Warhorn sound very cool and unique.

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

ahahaha guys I am laughing so much! I don’t really care what weapon do we get, as long as it has interesting and strategic skills! But there is something about you not wanting Warhorn for no valid reason, that makes me want Warhorn specifically! So…

+1

/15chars

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

It’s okay, some people just want to see others upset even though it might not help the class at all. There are plenty of valid reason being said in other threads.

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

It’s okay, some people just want to see others upset even though it might not help the class at all. There are plenty of valid reason being said in other threads.

But as long as it gives interesting and strategic skills, it will be great!

We shouldn’t condemn the thought of warhorn when arenanet could very well think outside the box at its implementation, like they did with some of the revenant weapons for example.

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

But as long as it gives interesting and strategic skills, it will be great!

We shouldn’t condemn the thought of warhorn when arenanet could very well think outside the box at its implementation, like they did with some of the revenant weapons for example.

I don’t know what to tell you, you can see for yourself most people do not like the idea of getting a warhorn and you cannot force anyone to like it. I think most of the people stated they would rather a sword or some mainhand weapon. I think it’s pretty clear what the ele community wants here.