What race do you think suits an ele the most?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Acension.9270

Acension.9270

Like the title says

Trolls :)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Septin.6487

Septin.6487

Well i would say every race except the Char. The Char comes off to me as a race that distrust magic due to the flame legion and would rather rely on thier physical prowness from them self and thier machines. This is not how it is in the game but its the impression i get when looking at them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Comaetilico.3645

Comaetilico.3645

everything but norn… ele elite skill are a bit useless (except for G elemental in non solo pve ) and norn elite are not what u want in your bar if u’r an ele…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

They’re all fairly useful, some people like the fact that if they go Norn and shapeshift into a snow leopard they can get stealth on the Ele…

I went with Sylvari myself, the healing seed is great for support builds. In early levels having grasping vines made things a lot easier and there were a few personal story instances where the elite that grants a few seconds of invulnerability and spawns 4 turrets saved me.

But I could definitely see an Ele rolling with the Hounds of Balthazar as well…

I would think that if there was an Elite that didn’t sit well with the Ele it would be the Golem Battlesuit… then again I play Glass Cannon so someone who is always within melee range might like it a lot more.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nanoha.3892

Nanoha.3892

If you’re into pve then any race is fine. If your into spvp then again any race is fine. Go for asthetics. If you’re into wvw then it just has to be norn in my eyes. Snow Leopard is just fantastic. Stealth + Usaine Bolt style sprinting is incredible.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

Charr, best animations for a caster…too bad you can’t join the flame legion

in Elementalist

Posted by: Goblin.1586

Goblin.1586

I like sylvari for the elite skill ‘Take Root’ which grants 3secs of on-the-spot invulnerability. It’s very useful and convenient!

in Elementalist

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

I like sylvari for the elite skill ‘Take Root’ which grants 3secs of on-the-spot invulnerability. It’s very useful and convenient!

That skill is awesome, i’ve use it to hold up a zerg going for a keep long enough for my allies to get in a defend.

in Elementalist

Posted by: spacelion.9865

spacelion.9865

Asura based on the lore. You could argue that since they are intellectually strong they should be engineers, but the elementalist is more of a brains and not brawns class.

in Elementalist

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

Asura based on the lore. You could argue that since they are intellectually strong they should be engineers, but the elementalist is more of a brains and not brawns class.

Based on the Lore, Necromancer (and if we’re strictly discussing the Shatter nature of Mesmer them too) suits them better. Elementalists become one with the elements – Asura treat magic as a tool.

in Elementalist

Posted by: spacelion.9865

spacelion.9865

Based on the Lore, Necromancer (and if we’re strictly discussing the Shatter nature of Mesmer them too) suits them better. Elementalists become one with the elements – Asura treat magic as a tool.

You are supporting my argument though. Asura fit a caster class. So elementalists, necromancers, mesmers, etc. An elementalist also uses the elements as a Tool, or a weapon, so by your logic an Asura could fit it.

Sylvari are tree people (ranger), charr are industrial (warrior), norn are tough, spiritual and rugged (warrior, guardian, ranger),etc.

in Elementalist

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

You are supporting my argument though. Asura fit a caster class. So elementalists, necromancers, mesmers, etc. An elementalist also uses the elements as a Tool, or a weapon, so by your logic an Asura could fit it.

Sylvari are tree people (ranger), charr are industrial (warrior), norn are tough, spiritual and rugged (warrior, guardian, ranger),etc.

Not really supporting the argument, you’re choosing your own meaning for my words. Our conjures have a limited number of uses, not because (as the guardians) we choose to sacrifice them for a major attack – but because we only pull forth what Elemental power from nature that we need to change the tide of battle. Our elementals aren’t thrown at enemies as sacrificial pawns intended for slaughter, we rely on their help to overcome our obstacles.

The mechanics of our class are inherently designed to ask nature for it’s help, not to simply wield it’s power for our own gain. Until you learn this you can’t call yourself a true master of the Elements…

j/k about that last part =P It’s fun to think this way though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

So then an elementalist should be a sylvari, because a plant is closer to nature?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SpelignErrir.4263

SpelignErrir.4263

So then an elementalist should be a sylvari, because a plant is closer to nature?

Well, if you choose a sylvari, better stay away from fire attunement.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

What race has a history of raining fire down upon their enemies?

CHARR!

Plus their staff handling animation is just splendid. They walk around like an evil sorcerer plotting something nefarious. I love it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomkatt.1684

Tomkatt.1684

I always feel like the male Sylvari elementalist is begging the elements to work. Found it annoying an rerolled Asura, much happier with the voice clips and general attitude.

I mean come on Sylvari dude:

“Element of fire….obey me.” ….Pretty please?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ashecroft.7321

Ashecroft.7321

In case all the others weren’t enough support, roll whichever one has animations or aesthetics that you enjoy. I tried human first and just couldn’t get into it. But I tried a pipsqueak Asuran, and I feel like I’m a bullet whizzing by my enemy. Granted, the smaller the race the slower their arm motions go(warrior greatsword was killing me), but it is very forgivable with a casting class.

If you staunchly want to pick a race suited to the elements and lore is an important aspect to you, skip the Charr and the Norn. Charr are the geniuses that create things WITHOUT trying to rely on magic. This is opposed to the Asuran who use magic in everything they do. Then you have the Norn. They are a little too focused on the battle and the brawling in my opinion but an argument could be made for a shamn type of Norn. Next you have Humans. They pray to the gods for things. I’m quite sure they are willing to pray to the elements for help, especially if the elements respond quicker. Sylvari are new and young and very curious about the world. This screams magic to me. I think it is because as a kid you were open to more possibilities and the Sylvari represent that part of my life very well. And we have the Asura who in my opinion have the greatest lore based qualifications.

in Elementalist

Bvhjdbvkjf.1987

If you give a man a match he’ll be warm for a minute, if you light a man on fire he’ll be warm the rest of his life…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hockmed.9417

Hockmed.9417

I have a fascination with a plant starting things on fire. I dont know why. Just dont tell my doctor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

I have a fascination with a plant starting things on fire. I dont know why. Just dont tell my doctor.

Plants have been shooting fire for years…

Attachments:

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

lol

Personally, I think all the races work just fine for the elements, thematically speaking. Humans do everything everywhere every time, so human elementalists are obvious. Elementalism can be thought of as a “one with nature” kind of thing, so Sylvari elementalists make sense. Norn elementalists make sense in a similar fashion, just with a more shamanic theme.

Then again, if the elemental character of nature is an objective reality, I can easily see an Asura devoting his life to the study of that objective reality. And Charr Flame Legion shaman are easily imagined as fire focused elementalists. It isn’t hard to imagine other single-element shamanic Charr elementalists (Ice Legion, Stone Legion, Wind Legion).