in Elementalist

Posted by: Lilium.8950

Lilium.8950

Sylvari, definitely.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I’d say Asura. They get access to a poison field and the 7-Series is a good substitute for our elites because of its amazing damage output. Pain Inverter can be pretty hilarious in WvW with a D/D roamer build.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Whilst I like the Charr, due to camera in game I`d say don`t, unless you`re a masochist.
If going D/D, Asura for the field Twobit mentioned, extremely handy!
Or Fresh meat or kindling for easy puzzle life

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taurethion.7302

Taurethion.7302

I went Norn, solely because I wanted a female character and decided I’d look silly as a human with things… hanging out. Norn run around bare chested in snow areas, so I feel more like their clothing is fashion instead of protection.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Human for Avatar of Melandru.

1200 range AoE binding roots on a WvW staff ele is very nice for immobilizing people for your eruption, ice spike and lava font.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

I went Norn, solely because I wanted a female character and decided I’d look silly as a human with things… hanging out. Norn run around bare chested in snow areas, so I feel more like their clothing is fashion instead of protection.

Yea! It’s all about Fashion. I went for Norn for the same reason. Female Norns are the sexiest!

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Norn.

Because Norn!

Asura -small silly brain think people
Sylvari – plants I can’t eat, but i wouldnt eat plants, because Norn eat MEAT
Humans – small things that cant live in snow? Bwahahaha
Char – Cat people

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ehecatl.9172

Ehecatl.9172

Charr because we’re just better at handling fire than the lesser races.

Plus Charrzooka isn’t a terrible way to deal with the range issue as a D/D ele in dungeons.

And Artillery Fire combined with Meteor Storm and Glyph of Storms makes for some intense AoE.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

Norn…

Snow lepard form…

and make people truly eat your dust.

Joke aside norn can get stealth as ele in leopard form and stealth is one of the little things a ele cant get without this.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nanoha.3892

Nanoha.3892

I went Norn (female) because I already had a human and wanted to try soemthing different so I made a small norn. I have since found that snow leopard is just awesome. I play D/D in wvw and there are very few times anythign can ever escape me or that I can’t run away. Stealth+Usain Bolt spritning is brilliant, you can be half way across the map before anyone figures out what’s going on.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

the 7-Series is a good substitute for our elites because of its amazing damage output.

Except that the recharge is almost 3 times as long, it lasts 20 seconds less and you can’t pick the type of summon. It doesn’t buff your allies either. So sorry, but I disagree. We have one of the best summon elite skills in the game. Cool as golems may be, they’re no substitute. Not by a long shot.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

female charr is a must.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

since as an Elementalist I always wanted a fourth utility slot instead of an elite slot, the point is, as many pointed out already, to pick stuff with a strong elite.
So no Asura.
Also no Charr. Just doesn’t cut it, awesome as Charrzooka may look.

What’s Useful:
Human: Reaper of Grenth sounds awesome for a dd ele, avatar of Melandru is awesome anyway.
Norn: Snow Leopard. Aka “Wait… where did that Norn go?”
Sylvari: Take Root is awesome coupled with the native regeneration of elementalists and the ton of healing skills. Can make you invulnerable in a clutch situation to reg up some health and get some heals/escapes off cooldown. Also summons 3 sources of bleeding.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: scabies.3246

scabies.3246

I just thought of this now, but the bear elite from Norn allows for some crazy +movement speed as skill #5.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Whichever race seems like you would like the most.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: snizzle.6143

snizzle.6143

Asura ;P
Smale targets are harder to pick in a big fight.
The movement of an Asura feels more fluent as with a Char or Norn.
The Animations are Harder to identifi by your opponents.
You can better hide (the writing/name is naerer to the ground)

Hixi Pixi – The Elementalist -Asura – Riverside (ger) – (Zornig)

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sushi.1406

Sushi.1406

Asura cause there awesome in every conceivable way plus…

ZOJJA ARM!

Attachments:

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

wtf is with that ugly looking dude? :X

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

the 7-Series is a good substitute for our elites because of its amazing damage output.

Except that the recharge is almost 3 times as long, it lasts 20 seconds less and you can’t pick the type of summon. It doesn’t buff your allies either. So sorry, but I disagree. We have one of the best summon elite skills in the game. Cool as golems may be, they’re no substitute. Not by a long shot.

It lasts 40 seconds and uses barrage 3 times before it disappears. Between those attacks it used a a ranged punch that deals about 2-3k damage. As for the skill itself, it goes on cooldown immediately after summoning the golem rather than being locked until the summon dies. You’re looking at 140 second downtime between summons rather than 180. It’s a pretty good tradeoff.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

It lasts 40 seconds and uses barrage 3 times before it disappears. Between those attacks it used a a ranged punch that deals about 2-3k damage. As for the skill itself, it goes on cooldown immediately after summoning the golem rather than being locked until the summon dies. You’re looking at 140 second downtime between summons rather than 180. It’s a pretty good tradeoff.

But it also lasts for 33% less time. Mathing it out, Asura golems have a 22% uptime vs. the Elemental’s 33%.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

As for the skill itself, it goes on cooldown immediately after summoning the golem rather than being locked until the summon dies. You’re looking at 140 second downtime between summons rather than 180. It’s a pretty good tradeoff.

The elemental summon has a 120 seconds downtime after it disappears. It can be traited to lower its cooldown to 96 seconds. So without traits, it’s 20 seconds less than the golem. With traits it’s 44 seconds less.

It can also be used while moving, and it takes less time to cast. Also, I’m not 100% sure the golem would win a dps race with the Fire Elemental (which also boosts your teammates with might).

Overall, the golem isn’t bad per sé. In fact, I use it on my engineer. But I wouldn’t use it on my elementalist.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Goblin.1586

Goblin.1586

Sylvari’s Take Root elite skill is very handy in a lot of situations. Its 3seconds invulnerability provides extra room to breath and take a look at what’s going on. Here’s a vid I posted using it:

in this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Elementalist-Thief-Duo-WvW-Vid

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

^link to relevant part. vid is 14 min long

What race for and ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

I prefer norn. Snow Leopard gives me an escape even with staff. With d/d it’s nearly impossible to die.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma