What race is the "coolest" for eles?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turophile.4028

Turophile.4028

Hi!

I’m planing to make my 8th and last character an ele but I’m struggling with what race to pick. I have a really had time choosing and I’ve already deleted 4 toons so I’m going to the almighty forum for help.

What I’m looking for is cool animations (sorry norns)
Some useable racial skills even if they are not optimal but still not completely useless (sorry norns)
And, this is what I think is the most important part, which race looks the coolest in light armor (you know the drill by now norns).

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and even more thanks if you upload kitten to show your character!

(NO NORNS)

Just kidding. Norn eles are awesome, I just wish my back didnt look broken when I’m throwing fireballs at people. It makes me feel stupid.

(edited by Turophile.4028)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Asura animations are nice.
So are Sylvari.

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in Elementalist

Turophile.4028

I agree espacially the asura animations are breathtaking. I haven’t seen much of the sylvari animations though. Their voices are a bit annoying but I can live with that and if it gets too annoying one can always mute them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Taldren.7523

Taldren.7523

Norn elite racial abilities give you escape. This looks over function argument does not compute.

Take a norn female … go with the Phoenix Light armor and Kasmeer’s Staff. You won’t regret it.

80 Elementalist (RotV), 80 Mesmer (RotV)
80 Necromancer (IRNY), 80 Guardian (IRNY)
GW2: it’s like DAoC, but for the WoW crowd.

(edited by Taldren.7523)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Here’s a gallery of my ele in 2 outfits and 3 weps sets that I posted on another thread. I’ve included the styles and colors in the pic, and my DCUO sig (I haven’t got one for GW2 yet).

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Sylvari <3

Colors, colors everywhere!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Also this could just be me, but I love female animations for staff soooo much more than male. The way they just kind of spin in the air and float when casting meteor swarm is just my favorite thing ever.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Columbo.5924

Columbo.5924

Then you will certainly not like to hear that arenanet messed up with female animations in the last patch… especially staff clipps real hard right now when moving out of combat.

Abaddon’s Mouth (DE)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Asura male! Bouncing around in batlefield as a little elemtal gizmo is beast

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

“The wind obeys me.”

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Turophile.4028

Hehe, look like the only eles staying out of this are chars. Thank you for your posts ladies and gentlemen.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

asura if you want to jump around and be a kitten and hide in zergs :P

sylvari if you want to look like a kitten and glow

norn if you want to be an oddly huge paper target.

Humans are meh

charr… only if you like ugly armor.

sylvari, human, asura armors look the nicest, especially the cultural stuff. i love my asura cultural armor.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Norn elite racial abilities give you escape. This looks over function argument does not compute.

Take a norn female … go with the Phoenix Light armor and Kasmeer’s Staff. You won’t regret it.

This, and forever this.

I’d go with Arah armor. But yes.. Snow leopard gives ele stealth.. That’s no joke.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

I love my female charr ele…but I have to agree with Treborlavok in that light armor on the race is terribad. It’s incredibly hard to find something that looks halfway decent on my ele. I love the animations for her, as well as the looks, but the armor definitely leaves something to be desired, and there’s a ton of armor in the game that clips horribly on charr. I’d go for sylvari if I ever made another ele.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

I love my female charr ele…but I have to agree with Treborlavok in that light armor on the race is terribad. It’s incredibly hard to find something that looks halfway decent on my ele. I love the animations for her, as well as the looks, but the armor definitely leaves something to be desired, and there’s a ton of armor in the game that clips horribly on charr. I’d go for sylvari if I ever made another ele.

thats the only reason i deleted my first ele who was a char.. i couldnt get over the armor issues :-/

Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

I enjoy my Sylvari Ele, but the male Asuran lines are my favorite quotes of any race/profession combo, and I seriously never get tired of hearing them.

“Turn up the heat!”
“I have ignition!”
“Severe weather warning!”
“Rocks and stones will break your bones!”

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Elementalist

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Female asura has the best line in the game:
“You’re dumb, you’ll die, and leave a dumb corpse.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

Human Females have the single best looking Tier 3 Cultural Armor for Elementalists in my humble opinion.

Animations on the Human Females are decent. Probably not as good as the Asura and Sylvari, but definitely better than the Norn and Charr.

And I have been informed that the Human Elite Skill known as Hounds of Balthazar is one of the most useful Elite Skills next to the Elementals Elite Skill and the Fiery Greatsword Elite Skill. Take that for what its worth.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

in Elementalist

Posted by: Da Beetus.1275

Da Beetus.1275

I’d go with Human or Asura.

My favorite Asuran line is “Synergy is beautiful”. Seems to sum up the class nicely.

Why do those that know the least know it the loudest?

in Elementalist

Imagi.4561

Human Females have the single best looking Tier 3 Cultural Armor for Elementalists in my humble opinion.

Human T3 seems to look fantastic in general, but it’s very commonplace.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

An Siorai Tharian.4516

Well, yeah, I suppose it would be common place. For that matter any and all Tier 3 Armor should be considered roughly common place. Seeing as how the entire set of Tier 3 Armor costs roughly 26.18 US Dollars. (assuming the rate of exchange that I found via a google search is correct…)

Now if we were talking about what the best looking Legendary Weapon was, that would be a different matter since in my humble opinion the best looking Legendary Weapon costs approximately 528 US Dollars. Said Legendary Weapon is also a Dagger, the Incinerator. I only consider it the best looking weapon because it is the closest this game gets to an out and out Lightsaber!

But when truth be told, the Human Cultural Armor set is really the only set that I feel comfortable calling “the best looking set” for an Elementalist. All the other Armor Sets look a bit odd. Though Zojja’s Set (I refuse to call her outfit by any other name) is pretty close in terms of looking like it belongs on an Elementalist.

I just can’t see an Elementalist wearing the Arah Set, or the other Dungeon Sets. Though I could possibly talk myself into equipping the Honor of the Waves set.

EDIT: Please note, all prices assume that someone would actually be purchasing these items with Gold (which is in fact required in the case of the Tier 3 Cultural) instead of actually farming the materials needed to make their own copies of the items.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA

(edited by An Siorai Tharian.4516)

in Elementalist

Imagi.4561

Well, yeah, I suppose it would be common place. For that matter any and all Tier 3 Armor should be considered roughly common place. Seeing as how the entire set of Tier 3 Armor costs roughly 26.18 US Dollars. (assuming the rate of exchange that I found via a google search is correct…)

I think the price is US dollars isn’t really a significant factor compared to how nice the skins look and how many people play Humans—especially since the T3 is insanely expensive compared to the crafted skins on the TP—but that could just be my perception.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

An Siorai Tharian.4516

I think the price is US dollars isn’t really a significant factor compared to how nice the skins look and how many people play Humans—especially since the T3 is insanely expensive compared to the crafted skins on the TP—but that could just be my perception.

All those humans running around in Tier 3 Cultural Armor probably spent real world money to buy 27 or so gems, and then traded those gems for 119 gold in order to buy the human tier 3 cultural armor.

So when you get right down to it, the same could technically be done by any of the races. And probably is done by all the people who want Tier 3 Cultural Armor on their respective characters. 27 or so dollars is not all that much money when one gets right down to it.

Now 500+ dollars (or the equivalent in time invested in farming materials) on the other hand is quite significant. Which is probably why you don’t see as many people with Legendary Weapons running around.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA

in Elementalist

Imagi.4561

All those humans running around in Tier 3 Cultural Armor probably spent real world money to buy 27 or so gems, and then traded those gems for 119 gold in order to buy the human tier 3 cultural armor.

I’d actually be interested to know how many people do that. I didn’t, and my assumption was that most people just farm the gold for it.

Now 500+ dollars (or the equivalent in time invested in farming materials) on the other hand is quite significant. Which is probably why you don’t see as many people with Legendary Weapons running around.

Legendary weapons also take a ridiculous amount of time and materials to make.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

An Siorai Tharian.4516

I’d actually be interested to know how many people do that. I didn’t, and my assumption was that most people just farm the gold for it.

While yes, it is generally easier (and probably cheaper in some regards) to actually spend the time and farm the materials to make the legendary weapons. Especially for those of us who do not have a spare 500 bucks to drop on a video game at any random time. When it comes to the Cultural Armor, you have to take into account the fact that the cost of the Cultural Armor is ONLY 119 Gold. And although it may be possible to farm that kind of gold at level 80 relatively easily (I don’t know if it is or isn’t), some people may opt instead for the convenience of using the Gem Store’s Conversion Device instead of wasting time farming for Gold.

But again, I am uncertain if that is actually necessary or not at level 80. I just know that the option is available, and that 119 gold is infinitely cheaper than 1,400 to 3,000 gold to buy on the Gem Store.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Norn, male

Because I am the ONLY one

And the norn racial elites are incredible in WvW and PvE, you have
*Stealth, 1 CC, 1600 range gap closer
*Two CCs’, a 3600 range gap closer
*Two CCs and a perma-cripple
*Two CCs and Lifesteal

And all while doubling or quadrupling your HP

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Sylvari, because Ele elites are crappy and the sylvari racial elite Take Root is good.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Sylvaris simply have the best cultural armor

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

While yes, it is generally easier (and probably cheaper in some regards) to actually spend the time and farm the materials to make the legendary weapons. Especially for those of us who do not have a spare 500 bucks to drop on a video game at any random time. When it comes to the Cultural Armor, you have to take into account the fact that the cost of the Cultural Armor is ONLY 119 Gold. And although it may be possible to farm that kind of gold at level 80 relatively easily (I don’t know if it is or isn’t), some people may opt instead for the convenience of using the Gem Store’s Conversion Device instead of wasting time farming for Gold.

But again, I am uncertain if that is actually necessary or not at level 80. I just know that the option is available, and that 119 gold is infinitely cheaper than 1,400 to 3,000 gold to buy on the Gem Store.

Everything you said is stupid.

The game has been out for a a year now, you don’t think a lot of the players did not make 120g by this time?

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Norn for racial elite. Its the only way we’ll ever have stealth and unbeatable escape. Especially if you use stability with it.

Human’s are prettiest imo.

Sylvari have cool glowy patterns, but the racials are crappy. I’ve used the treant twice, the roots immunity about 5 times, and the utility turret about 20 times (in jumping puzzles).

I didn’t know about any of the racials when I made my Ele.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikaido.6739

Nikaido.6739

I think this can be very bias… depend your personal favorite. I almost only like human with a more slim-tone shape. (Both men and women!) Elementalist to me is more of a fancy spell-casting magician type, I’d definitely go with human!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Asura. Definitely Asura. Best animations (love that spinning dagger attack). Best cultural armors. Best vocal outbursts. And best storyline.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Elementalist

Turophile.4028

Norn, male

Because I am the ONLY one

And the norn racial elites are incredible in WvW and PvE, you have
*Stealth, 1 CC, 1600 range gap closer
*Two CCs’, a 3600 range gap closer
*Two CCs and a perma-cripple
*Two CCs and Lifesteal

And all while doubling or quadrupling your HP

You forgot mentioning the rooting. The norn elite (when I do it) are used for the escape and then they’re done. The rooting makes them a nightmare, you forgot to mention it. Thanks for the input! And About cultural gear, I can afford it but then I’ll be poor and have no money to messs around with my other beloved chars. Thank you everyone for your input! I’ll probably go for asura female just for the hilarious lines or norn female for those animations and armor (100% like human…not that I’m comlaining on skimpy clothing). I’ll probably start tommorow (directly at level 20 after a boost). Any tips on what I should use? I keep finding levle 80 builds but no leveling guides, somehting really spike with 0 def would probably fit well…oh well…this needs more lurking.

in Elementalist

Treborlavok.3504

ASURA!!!! GET IN MY GOLEM SUIT kittenES!!!! MUWAHAHAHAHA erm, i mean, the master race will rule them all by wit and intuition!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

First I had a human female. Deleted before level 20
Then I thought male slyvari would be a nice change. Deleted before level 30
After, I saw female sylvari as a good character. Deleted before level 20
I went with human female again. Deleted before level 10
Saw male sylvari and decided to retune my previous one. Deletef before level 20

Took a look down memory lane (GW1) and I wanted a Charr (white tiger) Shaman from GW1. Had master Jewel and Cooking. Deleted at level 43 sadly…

My first male asura! Only used for sPvP and deleted at level 3…
Female asura? Deleted at level 1.
OK how about female human again, and looks better then my previous ones. Deleted before level 6

In the end, I went with human male. Call me boring, but it was the only one thst didn’t “irk” me.
I would have sticked with Charr if they had let us have the option of running on 2 legs though. And not always on 4’s (out of combat). Because well, Charr eles look pretty “beast”

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

… Any tips on what I should use? I keep finding levle 80 builds but no leveling guides, somehting really spike with 0 def would probably fit well…oh well…this needs more lurking.

Start by traiting into water and arcana for survivability.
I love Conjure weapons: Lightening Hammer is a monster. Frost Bow will keep you alive.
Learn your might stacking rotations for each weapon set. They’re easy once you learn ‘em and they’ll really boost your damage output.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

For “coolest” a human or sylvari might be the choice because “cool” would be all cosmetics really. For gameplay a norn due to their elite or asuran due to the difficulty clicking on them, hard to see what attack they’ll use next, and you’ll probably get lost in all the fields.

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Human female. The animations for meteor and ether renewal look awesome.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flux Qemist.6712

Flux Qemist.6712

Human light class is by far the best looking in a multitude of armour sets hands down.
Any of the following are aesthetically pleasing (depending on taste):
Cultural T3, Phoenix, Profane, Winged, Feathered, Acolyte, Masquerade, Embroided, temple/Karma, Conjurer, Arah, Twilight Arbour, Coe Jacket/top, Order of Whispers, Order of Vigil and and Exhalted.
And that’s before you get to mixing and matching (hence why I mentioned the CoE jacket – it’s awesome).

Fyi – Acolyte set plus Caudecus’ Manor boots using fluoro type colours make you look like a raver (goes well with the shuffle dance).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Don’t you want to be a bull-cat war shaman?

Attachments:

in Elementalist

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

I’d say I love my awkwardly big fat kitten norn elementalist. And I love snow leopard too, that stealth dash has saved me lots of times.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Gnome, you get the idea.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hayashi.3416

Hayashi.3416

Tier 1 Asura
Tier 2 Human Norn Sylari
Tier 3 Charr

in Elementalist

Posted by: GodAmongUs.9713

GodAmongUs.9713

For me it’s choose Silvary if you are an anime fan and choose Human if you are a LoTR/fantazy fan. Asuran if u love small kitten things, Norn for big kitten things and Charr if u want to look wild an like a kittening beast. P.S: My ele is Sylvary

in Elementalist

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

No race-specific armor is need for an epic ele! But Sylvari are my favorite =)

Attachments:

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

Sylvari all the way. Who else can look like the energy of the elements is pumping through their veins?

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I love my Asura ele, he just throws about his spells so nonchalantly, and he looks as if summoning a meteor shower is more of a “fine i’ll take out the garbage” sort of thing lol.

I’d say Charr is second (almost upset i deleted him for my asura =( ).

And then i’d say Human Female, they have some AMAZING casting animations!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Elementalist

Turophile.4028

After many regrets and lots of thinking I’ve finally made up my mind. I’m going with a human! Thanks for all the help =D

(probably a male since I have two female human characters already…but on the other hand skimpy clothes)