What race is your elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khyber.2693

Khyber.2693

And why did you pick that race?

I see Elems as an beautiful profession so my Charr is having a hard time fitting (lol), but I chose Charr because I want the Flame Legion armor you can get from that one dungeon.

You?

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Female Human, because they looked the coolest in the racial Armour.

Char is also a good choice I believe. But I play my char as my Ranger and Warrior (and newly made Engineer)

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

Sylvari, because what screams that you’re in touch with the elements more than being a tree!?

I do kinda wish I was human at times because of the cool looking racial tier 3 armor. But that’s what my Mesmer will be for!

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I originally went Charr, but I disliked all the tiny skirts on them back in beta. There were a few looks I liked as Charr (such as cultural tier 2) but I didn’t like being pigeon holed into one look (especially cause I carry 4 sets of gear).

Then at release I went another class and eventually got around to making an Asura Ele. The Asura was alright (finally figured out how to make it look alright by shrinking it’s head and ears to the max) but everything was a kitten event for them. Firebreath you hop up shoot flame, Meteor Shower you hop around, it was like I was an unhinged spring. Even doing normal things like running around was an event cause your whole head wobbles forward then you stabilize. At first it’s easy to ignore, but after staring at the same over the top animations I got tired of it and rerolled.

Norn are just big humans and Sylvari are just leafy humans so finally just gave in and made a human.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

My Elementalist is an Asura. I didn’t do much “research” or anything, I just knew the 3 professions I was most intersted in were Ranger, Mesmer, and Elementalist. I’d already made my Ranger (Charr) and Mesmer (Sylvari) and I wanted a different race, and I don’t really like Norn or Human, so Asura ended up being it.

I’m very happy with the decision though. I love the Asura attunement quips (especially “Now they’ll feel my turbulance”) and the Asura animations for Dagger / Dagger are also fantastic, IMO. Unlike Kodiak above, I actually love the animations that have them jumping around, at least in the case of spellcasting. I don’t think I’d like the jumping with a more melee-oriented profession like Warrior (jumping into the air and slashing while hovering and the like looks sort of goofy) but with Elementalist I think it looks really nice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vanillea.5764

Vanillea.5764

Human Male and Female because they looks nice in everything. The animation is graceful and the armor is top tier.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

During BWE I made Charr as thought I wanted Spinach head when live.
Turns out the animations, emotes, sounds etc were so good I opted Charr for live.
If only I`d known how bad the camera is in general…

P.S. For those that went female human. Why? Ye gads, I had a 20-25 female human Mesmer before I heard that screeching laugh & had to delete it instantly.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

P.S. For those that went female human. Why? Ye gads, I had a 20-25 female human Mesmer before I heard that screeching laugh & had to delete it instantly.

All it takes is one look at the screen shot thread to see a buncha half naked chicks to figure that one out.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Another Asura Elementalist here. I just love the hyperactive animations they have while casting spells. Plus, he does a pole dance with his staff while using Ether Renewal! You can’t beat that. XD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

Norn (female) because despite the fact that I don’t really like them as a race (not to fond of the arrogant warrior culture thing)

A) I already have characters of the other races and wanted one of each.

B) I like what they look like more than human. Don’t look as young, muscular, tattoos, I like the T1 cultural armor, staff animation makes them look kitten where as the human female and sylvari one is kinda “girly” too me.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Made a human character because it was supposed to be a direct descendant of my GW1 elementalist. Gave her a subtle yet noticable Canthanese (Asian) look. And I’ve had a blast playing ele ever since.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Human because I’m boring and I like the t3 armour.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caledore.6271

Caledore.6271

Human male, because my Ele is my main and human is my favorite race. They look the best in most armor, and they have a ton of history in Tyria. I played GW1 so there was never really any doubt I’d play human.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

human female because I am (perverted) human male.
I especially enjoy those 5-6 frames during dodging in mini skirt ^^

(edited by Lavadiel.6231)

in Elementalist

Posted by: HawkWasAngel.2571

HawkWasAngel.2571

My ele is my main, and she’s a norn.
In term of armors I prefer humans.. but only one face is nice (short hair) and we always see this one.. But norn are a lot more mature and beautiful, and I love the background of the Norns (Ice, snow, mountains, …).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eliteseraph.4970

Eliteseraph.4970

Asura here. All my toons are. Mainly because asura are freakin hilarious in almost every aspect, from their dialogue to their animations. The emotes are especially funny.
It really helps keep me from getting too serious about the game, and focused on having fun instead.

But also because sometimes ikittenerg it can be much harder for an enemy to click a smaller target if they can’t tab to me. It’s a tiny advantage that probably only works against bads, but there it is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Backing Fomby. Sylvari, nothing screams magic hax more than a humanoid tree.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Asura. First chosen for their hilarious story, dialogue, animation… overall behaviour. It’s just fun watching them dodge enemy attacks…

But now that I’m trying a condition build, the racial skills come in very handy too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: madatom.5218

madatom.5218

the best ele race for WvW and PvE is norn, because the leopard racial is actually quite powerful

for spvp the asura wins…. take a guess why

in Elementalist

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Mine is female norn but I might make a second one. I’m picking asura for that. My female norn is pinholed in a few armor sets and I liek variety. Asuras simply look good in everything. And their animations are just too awesome.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

^ Asura’s don’t look good in everything, they look neutral in everything, cause you can’t even see them.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

i made a human (male) and i regret it; shouldve made an asura =[

(charr looks good with fire breath/cone of cold -if you think asura is too OTT-; but has horrible animations for everything else -imo-, sylvari elementalists seem odd to me; fire and foliage? human are okay middle ground, norn… well… norn suck.)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Human female Without T3.. not keen on the kitteny armors!
Kinda wish i had made a Charr ele for their T3 though.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alurazle.5430

Alurazle.5430

Charr then norn

Why? because charr have the best cast animations with a staff and I made a norn cause I love there female hairstyles compared the the humans.

Dragonbrand4life

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

My ele is my main, and she’s a norn.
In term of armors I prefer humans.. but only one face is nice (short hair) and we always see this one.. But norn are a lot more mature and beautiful, and I love the background of the Norns (Ice, snow, mountains, …).

Mine is the tallest norn female you can get. I use t2 cultural with a staff and she looks like a snow goddess.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

Asura here. All my toons are. Mainly because asura are freakin hilarious in almost every aspect, from their dialogue to their animations. The emotes are especially funny.
It really helps keep me from getting too serious about the game, and focused on having fun instead.

But also because sometimes ikittenerg it can be much harder for an enemy to click a smaller target if they can’t tab to me. It’s a tiny advantage that probably only works against bads, but there it is.

They look grotesque and I find them disgusting to look at when they don’t have the helm on.

Nothing is more beautiful than a Norn female. She is tall, strong, healthy with an adult face. I’d much rather have a more muscular athletic build than the obese one though.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Asura is the only race.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

Norn, because I get to look like this (and Snow Leopard is awesome in WvW):

Attachments:

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cliffpuncher.6401

Cliffpuncher.6401

sylvari elementalists seem odd to me; fire and foliage?

Fire is often associated with being a double edged sword — flesh burns almost as well as wood.

My Elem is a Sylvari too. They seem to be most in tune with nature. They’re also my favorite race, followed by the Asura.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

I selected human female because I am a human female in person. I think Anet did a good job making it available, it’s like the game was made for me. =P

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Originally human, however the animations and more so their lines started to bug the crap out of me. I then went sylvari however they don’t have many armour options that suit them, I’ve now settled on Asura – I did not like them at first glance but they’ve really grown on me!

Asura all the way!

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Elementalist

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

Human, of course!~

Attachments:

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

in Elementalist

Posted by: icebreaker.9352

icebreaker.9352

Asura , I thought it would be harder to target me in WvW ..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gaudrath.6725

Gaudrath.6725

And now you’re just small with funny ears.

Uthgar Stormbringer, elementalist
Sigurd Greymane, guardian
~ Piken

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strodor.6051

Strodor.6051

Haha, My Ele is female Asura, the voice acting and dialog is just awesome and very entertaining, you can down me in the most unfair way imaginable but if my character screams ’I’m still smarter than you!’ in the downed state, it makes it all OK again :P

Smaggle – Asura elementalist [INT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Curring.9752

Curring.9752

Haha, My Ele is female Asura, the voice acting and dialog is just awesome and very entertaining, you can down me in the most unfair way imaginable but if my character screams ’I’m still smarter than you!’ in the downed state, it makes it all OK again :P

That is brilliant! I usually go by, “If I look good while dying, I don’t care” but this is far better. x’D

In the greater blob of things, there is only the zerg.
Kittens, Kittens everywhere!

in Elementalist

Posted by: AnimangaGirl.5348

AnimangaGirl.5348

Mine is an Ele Sylvari because i like sylvari more i like humans too, i like more their faces and hair styles, it would be better if sylvari had more faces styles and hairs styles, but i still perfer sylvari cuz the race is soo beautifull, and awesome, i love the grove and caldeon forest, now that i’m hight level i really miss my sylvari home, i wanted more maps like the grove and caldeon forest, sylvari are so nice people and with great heart and mind, i thought that it would be an awesome race for my ele, since ele is supose to be damage and suport class, but i feel that they are more support that damage, so i think the race is great to an class that is always dying and sacrifice them selfs XD

(edited by AnimangaGirl.5348)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supraa.6971

Supraa.6971

Dude human all the way!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Romago.1974

Romago.1974

Ele was my first character and I chose Asura because I love the outcasts of games, i like to be different!!! And also he seemed the most intelligent out of all of the other ones and I like my mage to be smart, not some bruteful maniac.