What's Your Favorite Edition of Ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

What I mean is when did you enjoy ele the most?
Personally, I enjoyed my D/D ele the most right after the specialization patch. I was playing my ele the day before the patch, frustrated about how my build failed at dealing damage. Suddenly, my ele did good damage, and I was able to compete against the other crazy specs in WvW. Another reason why I liked this edition of Ele the most was that this addition of Necro was by far the worst, so I couldn’t use my Necro in small scale WvW.

My next favorite was the pre rtl nerf ele. Even though I still clicked on skills way back then, it felt really fun to play, and rtl wasn’t the worst mobility skill in the game (I will never forgive them) yet.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

It used to be the pretty water splash when you switch to water attunement; but it was changed and sped up
That was it

in Elementalist

Posted by: Somehow.4769

Somehow.4769

The D/D celestial elem. I mean, not only it was strong, but it was dynamic and polyvalent. I loved that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

I liked the time before cele was buffed in pvp and everyone was used to ask you to reroll another class!
Finally I can enjoy again it yay

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

D/D Ele for sure.

I actually didn’t play it when Cele D/D was the monster on the block; I was on an extended break from PvP at the time. I did get my first 20 or so ranks in PvP with ZERK D/D lol. But this was waaaaay before HoT and the power creep; that would just be suicide nowadays.

I still think a well-played D/D is a huge asset to a team, as long as you maintain constant situation awareness: jump in when it’s safe to heal or burst or CC, jump out when things get hairy. It’s just sad how faceroll everything else has become, making surviving in team fights (where D/D used to shine) quite hard. It’s also stupid how you’re forced to give up mobility (Air) or condi cleanses (Water.)

OH, and I’m salty AF that Anet STILL refuses to undo the nerfs to RtL and Blinding Ashes. And I hate that Might on Cantrip doesn’t exist anymore. I really don’t feel like those would be OP in the current environment.

Meh.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The old cele D/D ele.
The fluidity of play and the amount of combos made a complicated rotation look beautiful and feel rewarding when well done.

The old days when you could run around in wvw with some 5 people tailing you and trying to get then one by one… When you could pretend to be stuck on a wall just to FGS a group of pursuers to death.

Good old fun

in Elementalist

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

I echo d/d celestial elementalist. Freestyling on that class was the most fun I have had in any mmorpg.

Edit: just watched a d/d video. It’s a darn shame what ANET has made this class

(edited by ionix.9054)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Lightning rod D/D for me as well.

When I think about it, I preferred any iteration of ele over this one. Even during the long period where we were non-existent in PvP, since we did more than fine in WvW still.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Old 0/15/0/15/30 valk’s s/d ele prior to summer 2013 nerfs. Scepter was decent as a dps weapon, and this setup gave you some good damage, heals, mobility, and team-support. You could 1v1 pretty well (although not really king of 1v1), harass great, and do great things in teamfights, and didn’t really get crapped on by thief super-hard. It really was the only time Anet had “dps ele” in a pretty good spot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: soulknight.9620

soulknight.9620

Pre hot staff cele elementalist is my favorite one. Decent utility, medium survivability, medium dmg.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

I think the D/D playstyle is fantastic but I myself am a Staff man. Always have been, always will be. I

in Elementalist

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

Original D/D with Ride The Lightning still in its prime form. I would trade Tempest in its entirety to just get pre-nerf RTL back.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Old d/d ele before the new trait system.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

pre-Tempest fresh air arcane d/f

in Elementalist

Posted by: FatherHyperion.1047

FatherHyperion.1047

Reroll ele and play druid please. Be useful.

in Elementalist

Posted by: shinta.8906

shinta.8906

my prehot s/d ele. since than everything is cold coffee

in Elementalist

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

pre-EA nerf – hopping around with a glowy staff as an asura kinda felt like yoda fighting

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

S/D Ele was my favorite. The very definition of high risk high reward wherein you can’t rely on passives to save your life. Too bad that the powercreep and condispam made it kitten unplayable. I really miss saying “kitten , I misused my blind/dodge” when I die.

My 2nd favorite would be DD though it was a lot more forgiving than people admit it to be. Celestial Ele pre-might nerf was downright OP though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

My favourite version of the ele was when Jon Peter was in charge of ele balance…I will come back to ele when (hopefully soon) karl won’t be in charge of ele development anymore

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Both d/d cele ele and s/f FA ele right after specialization patch and then cele staff tempest right before removal of cele in pvp. That one was my most favorite build in pvp. I love staff.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Always a fan of S/F hybrid. Tempest helped me in my flexible playstyle. Always earth + fire or arcane disliking water only picking it for pvp. The patch was cruel. DonĀ“t know if my old fire/eath/arcane will be a more enjoyable choice now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

Pre hot-pre trait rework ele, the old trait system allowed so much more variance, fun, and viability to ele, old amulets made us relevant, focus wasn’t mandatory, we weren’t pure heal bot condi cleanse. Loved arcane dance playstyle. Tempest/hot ruined so much on ele. I still play it because I’m a diehard but in competitive pvp I’ll be playing face roll condi classes and pve I have alts geared out because let’s face it pve ele isn’t that fun and I’m getting arthritis playing with seaweed damage while moving in raids…

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us