What's on your Ele wishlist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Here’s mine:

1) Viable PvP DPS spec (preferably Fresh Air Scepter.) Kinda sick of playing healbot because there’s no other viable options. I mean, as long as Thieves and Mesmers exist, I’m not sure if this will ever be possible, but I hope it will. Scepter is still underwhelming due to weak and slow auto-attacks, and offhand Dagger is clunky in a metagame that is fast-paced.

2) Viable PvP condi spec, not counting gimmicks like Perplexity runes.

3) Undo Ride the Lightning nerf. Seriously. What’s the justification for this weird nerf anymore? There’s so much more OP stuff flying around PvP nowadays. Scrappers now do the jack-of-all-trades thing better than the old D/D Ele ever did.

4) Conjure buffs to make them not complete junk. Condi removal/stun break/instant cast times desperately needed here. Bonus buff to make Conjurer a viable trait would be nice too.

5) Change to make Inscription a viable trait.

6) Shout cooldown reduction added to Tempestuous Aria trait.

7) BETTER ELITES. Our profession is still the poster child for having terrible elites. Rebound is only good for on-demand aura. FGS is only good for mobility. Tornado is horrible. None of them are game-changers like Moa or Rampage.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Reduced cooldown of arcane shield. Functionality change to make it more reliable. Thief and rev can pop it so quick you might as well not run it.

Boon strip from arcane utilities by changing Elemental Surge trait to strip 2 boons instead of apply a condition.

Condition removal from standing in fire fields added to Persisting Flames

One with Fire applies might on all auras.

Burning Precision has a 100% chance on critical to apply burn.

Tempestuous Aria now has a shout reduced cooldown affect.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mizu.4508

Mizu.4508

Buffs or Utility replacements for Conjures. As it stands there really is no point to use them.

More Elite skills, our elites have always been lacking. TornadoShower got nerfed and FGS is only used to escape. We need more options here.

Revert the Diamond Skin nerf. It was only nerfed because of that one stupid Tempest build in PvP. Outside of that, it was rarely ever used. I used it on a high toughness D/D build in WvW and it worked very well against condi builds. *Only revert it in PvE/WvW*

Scepter Auto Attack buffs. Pls.

Another main-hand and off-hand weapon. Its fun to have more options and I am still expecting main-hand sword someday.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

Not much. Pretty happy with PvE ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

mine is a bit more of a possible future elite spec. when HoT announced classes were getting new weapons I pictured an ele elite spec that used rifle, firing elemental rounds at things.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

mine is a bit more of a possible future elite spec. when HoT announced classes were getting new weapons I pictured an ele elite spec that used rifle, firing elemental rounds at things.

I take back my “not much”. I’d like swords, so I can give my ele Infinite Light.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

2) Viable condi spec, not counting gimmicks like Perplexity runes.

ele already has a viable pve condi spec, but what’s this about perplexity runes?

in Elementalist

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

Love my ele, only thing I’d like to have more is some kind of aura duration increase trait. I also miss when the aura’s were more visible in combat. Mostly for my enemies sake than mine, it doesn’t seem fair that they can hardly see my auras and continue to spam me with projectiles while I have magnetic aura up. They have to look at my boons just to see what is happening lol.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

ele already has a viable pve condi spec, but what’s this about perplexity runes?

I should’ve clarified, meant PvP (edited the OP.)

I was just referring to how if you wanna play condi Ele in WvW now, it’s probably only possible to do it using Perplexity Runes (not sure if still true, would love to be corrected.)

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

incoming dahir post lol

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Keriana.9635

Keriana.9635

7) BETTER ELITES. Our profession is still the poster child for having terrible elites. Rebound is only good for on-demand aura. FGS is only good for mobility. Tornado is horrible. None of them are game-changers like Moa or Rampage.

This! Maybe we can get two or more new ones with the next expansion because we need them most.

Also for PvE I would like to see that ranger knockback skill removed or not work if the target is in an aoe. That would be a big ele QoL improvement.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

I’d enjoy a kind of ST DPS/agility elite spec maybe based around the bow (long or short).

Utility shifts so that attunements aren’t linked to utility types but instead utility elements (or all except Arcane). Example:

Earth utilities: armor of earth, earth sigil, earth shield, glyphs
Fire utilities: cleansing fire, fire sigil, flame axe, glyphs, fiery gs

Thus the trait that boosts utilities in each line would be changed to enhance them and glyphs are special because they’re omni-boosted. How would the boosts be changed? YOU DECIDE!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Als many mantioned.

-20% sout CD on tempestious aria.
Lower CD on firy greatsword
Lower CD for buring precision an blinding ashes.
Buff one with fire to give fire aura on using heal skill instead of + duration.
Give elemental surge -33% CD reduction.

Ps: And for WvW balance nerf perplexity rune and durability removing it being area bonshare …

in Elementalist

Posted by: Legendofzelda.1278

Legendofzelda.1278

1. make conjures like engie kits but with 10 second cd fgs maybe 30-40 second

2. basically half arcane skills CD

3. make functionality of glyphs better they are good but could be made more interesting and usefull to use. though some of them are usefull in the right situation most are not much

4. make elite skills more elite like and less of a which kinda ok skill should I use, a long cd 4 second aura, eeh or a mobility escape tool? of course if firey great sword was more like a kit which would make it allot more usefull that would fix it right there.

5. this one might fit other classes as well make it so that the traits you choose is good for different situations and each of them is tempting and exciting to take rather then the almost no brainer as it is right now. reduce all cd 33 percent and more damage or 10 percent power becomes condi hmmmm

6. This one is also for all classes. make it so that every class starts with an elite trait line for ele it would be arcane so that it is as good as tempest I don’t know what the machanic it would bring would be but something that competes with tempest.

7. ok last one also for all classes every weapon is usable even if you don’t have the elite trait line equipped I understand the shouts and stuff but make the weapon usable with normal ele. not that war horn would be used much anyway lol

8. edit I would like to add dagger offhand rtl and earth #4 getting the cd lowered. RTL back to just 20 seconds no 40 seconds unless you hit stuff garbage, and earth #4 because it is just a long cd though not as much a concern. the water skills could use a slightly lower cd as well.

(edited by Legendofzelda.1278)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I miss my water splash animation and my large fireball
Update water animations and fire effects

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I want survivability without auraheal.
Of course I want a rebalance of useless and bad skills, but every class deserves and needs one.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I should’ve clarified, meant PvP (edited the OP.)

I was just referring to how if you wanna play condi Ele in WvW now, it’s probably only possible to do it using Perplexity Runes (not sure if still true, would love to be corrected.)

Honestly there isn’t one for PvE either.

You can run a condition build in most PvE content (and I do), but that’s the same content you can run literally any build (or even no build) through, playing exactly the same with each of them, because the content has no variation, and no skill requirement but dodging, which every build can do relatively equally. Viability is the result of good class design, the games current state on the other hand is the result of substandard encounter design.

And that’s also my opinion on all these changes to class content, no reason fix a car with no ground on which you can possibly drive it. No reason to fix or expand classes until there is actually fulfilling content to play through with said classes.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Elementalist

Glenstorm.4059

I want survivability without auraheal.

Agree. I fell like when the next round of Elite specs is released, people will not be picking the Ele one because Tempest/Earth or Tempest/Water is so crucial if you need survivability. Especially with Celestial ammy gone.