What's up with Movement Speed?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sargerastar.2180

Sargerastar.2180

So I started leveling up my Elementalist and putting points into lightning and arcane to get all those nice move speed traits and buffs.
But somehow I rly can’t notice a difference…
I have/plan to get:

Zephyr’s Speed: Move 10% faster while attuned to air
One with Air: 25% bonus movement speed wile attuned to air
Windborne Dagger: Move 15% faster when wielding a dagger
Signet of Air: 10% movespeed buff

Can’t think of anything else.
My question is: Do they stack, what stacks with what and if not, why the heck don’t they tell me?
If Zephyr’s speed (which you get automatically) does not stack with “one with air” then why chose this trait? wouldn’t that be obsolete?

I am realy confused with movespeed seemingly not increasing although I skilled all the traits. Help and Explanation would be welcomed.

(edited by Sargerastar.2180)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Weapon X.5163

Weapon X.5163

I think movement speed has a cap…something like 33%. But i hear what your saying, with the windborne dagger….i never noticed a 15% increase with that trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I believe it only takes the fastest applicable buff.
Also the 25% one is currently bugged.
The only one on there really worth taking is zephyrs speed. One with air is bugged, windbourne dagger has many better alternatives, and signet of air also has quite a few alternatives that would be better.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sargerastar.2180

Sargerastar.2180

Awwww bummer.

If those don’t stack, why bother at all with lightning? Saving grace for me with lightning were those stacking move speed buffs. All those move speed things are arranged as if they were meant to be combined to create one cool Flash-Build.
Signet of air seems a waste of a slot. And Zephyr’s Speed is basically always a waste if one choses to take a buff with more than 10% move speed (which overwrites it). This seems kinda not thought trough…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

We have perma swiftness anyway. For the easiest one just grab the master trait inscription from air magic, and the minor trait glyph mastery Quick Glyphs and use glyph of elemental harmony. Also allows perma regen or perma 2 stacks might ^^

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mobott.5908

Mobott.5908

We have perma swiftness anyway. For the easiest one just grab the master trait inscription from air magic, and the minor trait glyph mastery and use glyph of elemental harmony. Also allows perma regen or perma 2 stacks might ^^

Where is this Glyph Mastery you speak of?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Also, a lot of traits are bugged since beta and have never been fixed. Similarly, tooltips are displaying wrong information.
Arenanet for some reason never bothered to fix this stuff.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Sorry, my bad, I meant to say Quick Glyphs, its an air adept trait. It reduces glyph recharge time by 20%.
I mixed up the name with signet mastery (same effect on signets).

in Elementalist

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Is windborne dagger broken too? I tested it in a sPVP match and ran the exact same speed as my unbuffed teammates.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Windborne dagger is not working at this time

in Elementalist

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Windborne Dagger is currently broken, and all the speed boosts don’t stack with each other. You only get the highest one at any given time, which also means they’re doing nothing while you have Swiftness up.

IMO the whole idea of passive movespeed buffs needs a look over, it’s got a lot of problems.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

one with air is odd. If it worked and started with 5% and zephyers speed gives 10% and only the highest applies…. then the first two levels of one with air have no effect.
so…. why are they there?
that seems a bit pointless

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pinkerton.5643

Pinkerton.5643

I use Zephyr’s Speed and Signet of Air. They don’t stack, but I don’t have much of a choice other than to have Zephyr’s Speed. Nice thing about Signet of Air is that it’s not limited to one attunement.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Are you sure that One With Air does not work ? I’ve been using it and it defintely seems that I’m running 25% faster with that …
Maybe not 25%, but I am defintely running faster (most melee mobs cannot hit me) and I see the character dashing rather than running. Maybe it’s just the 10% but in that case, 10% speed is already really high O_o

in Elementalist

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

[One With Air] does work however it makes you 5% faster after 10 seconds and 10% faster after 20 seconds which is pointless because [Zephyr’s Speed] already makes you 10% faster; so, unless you stay attuned to Air for 30+ seconds that trait does absolutely nothing.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Healing glyph+quick glyphs trait+glyph mastery trait=perma 33%ms
The passives are crap dont bother with them

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

The passives are crap dont bother with them

This and much more.

Listen OP you are literally playing the fastest class in the game. If you knew how many zergs I have out run it would get you to understand.

RTL + Aura boon + heal glyph boon and add in lightning flash to out run your own people and your golden.

if you use any rtl combo plus swiftness correctly you will out run perma 33%.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Elementalist

KratosAngel.7289

[One With Air] does work however it makes you 5% faster after 10 seconds and 10% faster after 20 seconds which is pointless because [Zephyr’s Speed] already makes you 10% faster; so, unless you stay attuned to Air for 30+ seconds that trait does absolutely nothing.

So basically, it’s not that bugged : if you keep attunement with air for exploration, you just happen to run 25% faster, which is the aim, it just that you have not to switch attunement for that long.
Consequence : trait is not bugged, it just is not as effective as you would like it to be, but it’s still pretty good.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

Id say one with air is opposite to what ele is meant to do.
The only time it would be useful is for map exploration. During any pvp or pve fights if you are in one trait for 30secs+ you are not playing effectively.

in Elementalist

KratosAngel.7289

Yeah, I quite agree with that : you won’t stay with the same affinity while fighting unless being dumb or lazy in DE.
However, question is : why the want to have a perma speed boost else than for exploring/running towards tactical points in WvW ? What’s the point of wanting to keep swiftness while in combat ? Surely, it would be OP if your enemies could not escape you …

in Elementalist

Posted by: wumpusrat.4769

wumpusrat.4769

One With Air works fine for me. I use it for running around all the time, and I zip around pretty fast. If I’m not fussed about combat (like killing random mobs that aggro me, or are in my way) I’ll just kill stuff with lightning whip and ride the lightning and keep running around at high speed. The speed boost seems to come back much faster than 30 seconds, too, once I switch back to air for running around.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kelderon.1096

Kelderon.1096

No, thats not correct.
The 10% of Zephyr is permanent but One with air makes you faster up to 25%, so your’re on 25% after 30 seconds. Its working as described.

in Elementalist

Posted by: kitai.7638

kitai.7638

for the life of me i cannot find the glyph mastery trait which tree does it belong in????

in Elementalist

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

No, thats not correct.
The 10% of Zephyr is permanent but One with air makes you faster up to 25%, so your’re on 25% after 30 seconds. Its working as described.

To be honest I’ve only tested it in the first weeks after release and I’ve never read anything about it in the patchnotes I assumed it still works like that.

in Elementalist

CHOAM.7852

for the life of me i cannot find the glyph mastery trait which tree does it belong in????

Quick Glyph is Air trait III (3)

in Elementalist

Posted by: CelticWish.2314

CelticWish.2314

CHOAM Is Quick Glyph, Glyph Mastery?

We ask because here was the formula given above:

It has both Quick and Mastery as seperate, I too cannot find Mastery and I’m interested in Perma 33%.

in Elementalist

CHOAM.7852

It has both Quick and Mastery as seperate, I too cannot find Mastery and I’m interested in Perma 33%.

I had assumed you referred to this post instead

Sorry, my bad, I meant to say Quick Glyphs, its an air adept trait. It reduces glyph recharge time by 20%.
I mixed up the name with signet mastery (same effect on signets).

There’s probably more than one way to perma +33% if you use different traits, but what I used to do is Staff Air #5 + blast finish, Staff Air #4, Glyph of Elemental Harmony

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sebastian.6398

Sebastian.6398

I just wish that anything that impacted speed would help with kiting. I mean I understand that strafing or moving backwards is going to be slower but to have speed buffs not impact this at all I find supremely irritating.

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

It should be Healing glyph+quick glyphs+ inscription.
This will make the glyph give 20seconds of swiftness and have a 20second recharge.
P.S. Glyph mastery does not exists, I had the trait name wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: CelticWish.2314

CelticWish.2314

Thank you for the clarification.