What's wrong with me?

What's wrong with me?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tarvok.4206

Tarvok.4206

Why is it that, sight unseen, I am always drawn to the most controversial thing? I chose the Elementalist because I’ve always enjoyed elementalism in various fictions, and I’m enjoying how my character plays. But what do I get when I try to learn to play this class better?

Having a look at the list of posts in this forum, maybe 1/10 of the threads are actually useful on their face. The other 90% are “wah wah wah this class sucks this game sucks the developer sucks.”

Then I get into the threads, and maybe half the posts in the potentially useful threads actually have something to do with the topic. The other half are “wah wah wah this class sucks this game sucks the developer sucks YOU suck”.

I briefly perused the boards for a few of the other professions. Nowhere near so much butthurt.

Okay, I get it. On the one hand, the Elementalist could use some work. On the other hand, the elementalist is difficult to play by design (requires more thought and more finger dexterity than most classes). Ideally, in the hands of the top 10%, the elementalist should be the most powerful class, while in the hands of a permanoob, it should suck.

But is it too much to ask for less butthurt spam, more discussion of the class AS IT IS? Some of us would like to actually learn how to play this class. Save the whining for the suggestions forum and the bugs forum.

What I’d really like is some kind of policy from the moderators, creating a special “butthurt spam” forum and stating that butthurt spam is inappropriate anywhere but that forum. >:(

What's wrong with me?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aiglos.2907

Aiglos.2907

Well this is the elementalist forum. Note that it is ’elementalist discussion ’, in addition to strategy and advice.

I admit, that there are far too many ‘ele sucks’ or ‘ele is underpowered’ or ‘ele is totally fine’ and their many many variants. You’re certainly right about that. However, you also need to realise that, the whole point of a forum is to discuss. Whether or not you like what the people are saying, they’re entitled to their opinion. Their discussion is about the elementalist and sometimes it is constructive, sometimes it isn’t…

Definitely not having a go at you Mr, but your post is a variant of ’I’m tired of ele whining’ threads. So you’re doing a similar thing. You’re absolutely entitled to your opinion, but you can’t really dictate what people should be talking about.

There isn’t much whining in other forums because all other professions seem to be in an (arguably) much better place, in terms of non broken traits and skills- with the exception of Necromancer bugs perhaps. Their forum does seem to be much cleaner than ours though

If anything, you’d think the number of ele complaint posts would tell you something. Either that something is wrong with the profession, or people just like to complain
That’s the point of the forum though right?

I can’t really see this thread going in a positive direction, but I appreciate what you’re trying to say.

Fear the might of Shatterstone!

What's wrong with me?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

What they should do is make a new thread, sticky it, and close all others realted to it.

We get the discussion going on coherently in one place, we don´t have to fill forums with worthless threads, and nobody should fell like they can´t express their feelings.

<edit>

Quickly counted 11 threads abot underpowered eles, wit propably many more devolved into bickering about it. Couldn´t we just sticky one thread so we could get the conversation going on in one place?

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

(edited by Strang.8170)

What's wrong with me?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArchNemesis.4897

ArchNemesis.4897

Yeah it’s sad.

Thieves have the “HURP kitten OP I DUN KNO HOW TO DODGE HS SPAM/BS/PW/STEALTH” threads.

Necros have a few “buff us” or “Fix this” threads… which i feel sad about cause they really do have a lot of stuff that needs fixing..

This one is riddled with people that want to be able to just faceroll and realize they need to actually be paying attention and learn their class to get stuff done.

I’m actually surprised i don’t see much crying on the Warrior forums… i wonder why…