What the Scepter use to be with footage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dark.6250

Dark.6250

Showing some nice dmg with scepter so everyone can see what it use to be.

Looks like it got nerfed pretty bad. Nice Nice dmg around 4:07

Anet fix Scepter plz

Enjoy

Note

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Oh man, that guy was TERRIBLE…. But I agree, fix scepter please.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Holy crap, Air 1 used to hit like a truck.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

After watching that video I can see why Ele’s were nerfed hard after Beta. That kitten was so OP. Air autoattack hitting for 1.5k, 2k, 3k, all back to back to back. The guy was killing peeps just chasing them with air auto. Not fun, and severely OP.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrQuizzles.6823

MrQuizzles.6823

Holy crap, Air 1 used to hit like a truck.

Yeah, it didn’t tickle people like it does now. It was actually the good single-target damage that Air is supposed to be. Dragon’s Tooth and Phoenix, when used together properly, also used to be some of the best burst damage in the game. Those two aren’t bad nowadays, but they’re not like how they were. The payoff for successfully using these awkward skills just isn’t there any more.

During the BWEs, I mostly played D/D (I liked the mobility, and the damage on Burning Speed impressed me), and that made me a rarity. Oh how the times have changed.

in Elementalist

MrQuizzles.6823

After watching that video I can see why Ele’s were nerfed hard after Beta. That kitten was so OP. Air autoattack hitting for 1.5k, 2k, 3k, all back to back to back. The guy was killing peeps just chasing them with air auto. Not fun, and severely OP.

It’s not hitting for those back-to-back. The skill tallies up the damage done throughout the channel and also through subsequent channels. So when it showed 2k, that means it had done 2k damage total throughout the channel up to that point. When it showed 3k afterwards, that means it had done 3k damage total throughout the channel up to that point, so only 1000 damage was dealt between those two numbers showing up.

As long as you keep channeling the skill over and over against the same target without interruption, it’ll keep adding to that same tally.

(edited by MrQuizzles.6823)

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

It’s not hitting for those back-to-back. The skill tallies up the damage done throughout the channel and also through subsequent channels. So when it showed 2k, that means it had done 2k damage total throughout the channel up to that point. When it showed 3k afterwards, that means it had done 3k damage total throughout the channel up to that point, so only 1000 damage was dealt between those two numbers showing up.

As long as you keep channeling the skill over and over against the same target without interruption, it’ll keep adding to that same tally.

Ahh, that explains the huge numbers. Ok, so it’s slightly less OP than it originally appeared but the guy was still just chasing down folks and killing them with Air 1-2-3.

I didn’t play Beta, but most of the video’s I have seen of the BWE’s show Ele’s pumping out ridiculous #‘s but with all the control and healing we currently have now. I understand why the nerfbat attacked us after the BWE’s, but I wish they had left staff and scepter a little stronger.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

… Nice Nice dmg around 4:07

Let me correct you so no more people get fooled..

If you go and try Lightning Arc you’ll notice that the damage you on the screen is a sum of the complete channel like with all channeled spells ingame. Not a damage done per tick.
On the video you can see a bug (or what ever you wanna call it) that can still happen
that the damage is kept summing if you spam the channel after channel.

That 6204 dmg on screen is result of 4 full channels, with the small delay between casts it should average less than 400 damage per second. And you know thats horrible, don’t know why the video maker didn’t seem to understand that.

I see nothing good from scepter in that video. Seems exactly same as now.

edit: seems one guy got it right above me while i was writing.

[TA]

in Elementalist

MrQuizzles.6823

That 6204 dmg on screen is result of 4 full channels, with the small delay between casts it should average less than 400 damage per second. And you know thats horrible, don’t know why the video maker didn’t seem to understand that.

I’m fairly certain the air autoattack in the video was hitting for a hell of a lot more than it currently does. That ele was able to get over 2000 damage out of a single channel, which is a pipe dream nowadays, no matter how many crits you get, and she didn’t even have any might boons on her.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I’m fairly certain the air autoattack in the video was hitting for a hell of a lot more than it currently does. That ele was able to get over 2000 damage out of a single channel, which is a pipe dream nowadays, no matter how many crits you get, and she didn’t even have any might boons on her.

Yeah, even with a glass cannon build I think you’d be hard-pressed to get even 1k from a full channel. I mostly use Air 1 to track where my opponent is in a hectic fight.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Dragon Tooth + GTAoE = win.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malleus Maleficarum.2603

Malleus Maleficarum.2603

that air 1 skill was pretty much what the fiery gs’ #1 is right now lol. if it was still like that i might actually use a scepter!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Undertow.2389

Undertow.2389

Um, when was the last time any of you actually equipped a scepter?

Go to the mists, equip a zerker amulet, spec at least 20 into air and pick up the 10% air damage, and you’ll get 2k channels easy on the golems. Sometimes nearing 3k on the light one. Even knights amulet gets around 2k.

All the damage in that video is what you get right now, wearing you know, offensive gear. No you won’t get it wearing clerics. The 6k air 1 channel is just a bug it was summing the damage from multiple successive channels. The only thing that is obviously nerfed now is shatterstone (water 2). It now crits for a pitiful ~1k wearing zerker amulet, and the cooldown doesn’t start until after the previous one explodes (in the vid the cooldown starts the instant he puts one down).

It doesn’t matter though, because 2.5k air 1 full channels with 1-1.5k air 2s every 5 sec is still crap dps. And scepter’s fire burst isn’t really any better than dagger’s but is much harder to land.

in Elementalist

Bsquared.3421

Go to the mists, equip a zerker amulet, spec at least 20 into air and pick up the 10% air damage, and you’ll get 2k channels easy on the golems.

key phrase being “on golems”…

Perhaps in this vid the ele is purely glass cannon specced with 30/30/0/0/10 or something similar and that’s why he gets these damage numbers. Of course, if you run that spec today (and not during the Beta when this vid was made) you’ll be wiped before the air skill #1 channel can finish by any competent player.

Note, I’m okay with the damage #‘s being nerfed after beta, all the old video’s are ludicrous with the damage the Ele pumped out. They may have overnerfed (this is debatable by some) but they certainly needed to nerf it somehow.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Undertow.2389

Undertow.2389

“key phrase being “on golems”…

Perhaps in this vid the ele is purely glass cannon specced with 30/30/0/0/10 or something similar and that’s why he gets these damage numbers. Of course, if you run that spec today (and not during the Beta when this vid was made) you’ll be wiped before the air skill #1 channel can finish by any competent player."

I didn’t say anything about scepter in offensive gear being good against competent players. I said the damage still sucks. You really think anyone in the beta weekends was playing high toughness bunker builds with protection up constantly? This video just ISN’T an example of “pre nerf” ele damage.

in Elementalist

MrQuizzles.6823

Perhaps in this vid the ele is purely glass cannon specced with 30/30/0/0/10 or something similar and that’s why he gets these damage numbers.

You’ll note that the elementalist in the video has about 17k HP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

All I see is a bug where it tallies the damage from multiple channels.

in Elementalist

Sabull.5670

in beta it was extremely common to run full glass cannon. It’s always like that, when you make char, you wanna see whats the max hurr durr dps it can do. You wanna see the limits.

Every warrior used to be haste + hundred blades.

I actually checked it now in mists (because i can get obsessed with these small useless details x) ). You get exactly same health with knight amulet with berserker jewel and runes of divinity.
And calculated with those stats versus a actually quite tank statted warrior (3000+ armor) u’ll get the same exact numbers as u see in the video…
Just as response to those who think that LA was high dmg (even without the summing)

[TA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

while it is bugged the arc lighting was still doing at least 2x if not close to 3x the damage it does now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Scepter Air #1 needs to do that again! [edit: i see it was just showing the total of seperate channels, it needs to do that much damage regardless per channel! would like to see competitive damage out of it]

Personally attracted to air/lightning dmg aesthetic but it’s lack luster. If there are multiple enemies the bounces with staff is nice though. The lightning whip with D/D isn’t to terribly bad either, could be better though.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

in Elementalist

Sabull.5670

I just told u it does same damage in the video as atm on live :P…

[TA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: MindlessRuff.1948

MindlessRuff.1948

If scepter did the same damage it did in the beta right now, it would be OP as kitten. This guy in the video had no idea how to do good Ele damage combos that are common knowledge today, so it doesn’t really show how strong it would be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dark.6250

Dark.6250

If scepter did the same damage it did in the beta right now, it would be OP as kitten. This guy in the video had no idea how to do good Ele damage combos that are common knowledge today, so it doesn’t really show how strong it would be.

Thats the point yes it was awesome in bw3 but got nerfed to uselessness after release.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

BETA was FUN! Took people ages to figure out any of our combos, boy was there much QQ’ing about. Nobody really knew how to play well but a handful of the serious guys did and used our class for maximum devestation resulting in us being the first class to be massively nerfed. Back then you saw so few mesmers and a handful of thieves since they weren’t buffed to the ludicrous levels they were at release.

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

in Elementalist

Cosmic Teapot.9162

This, I just logged on and did a 4k arc lightning channel on my standard build than a 6k on a full glass build. Ele damage is fine, it’s just that everyone wants to run a full bunker spec and still dish out glass cannon damage.

in Elementalist

MrQuizzles.6823

This, I just logged on and did a 4k arc lightning channel on my standard build than a 6k on a full glass build. Ele damage is fine, it’s just that everyone wants to run a full bunker spec and still dish out glass cannon damage.

Did you do that in the heart of the mists? I tried a glass cannon build there, and 2k was around the upper-limit I could get out of a single channel. This was with a 20/30/0/0/20 build and berserker’s amulet + gem.

Lightning Whip, on the other hand, could hit for around 1300-1700 a hit when it crit.

With Arcane Power, Dragon’s Tooth + Phoenix then Fire Grab could down a heavy golem in around 2 seconds. If only more people would sit still in PvP.

in Elementalist

Cosmic Teapot.9162

Yeah it was in the mists. I’m also using 20 30 0 0 20 and I’m getting around 2.5k to 3.5k on a heavy target golem without fury.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

I’m still sort of stunned people don’t know how to read the damage numbers they’re seeing for channeled attacks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: pmnt.4067

pmnt.4067

The only thing that really changed is that there are much less glass canons around in sPvP than in Beta and that players actually move out of Dragon’s Tooth. I don’t think that Scepter has changed much since the betas (although Dust Devil used to be a Whirl finisher)

The most notable nerfs we’ve gotten are Dagger auto attacks, Arcane Blast/Wave, Whirlpool and Evasive Arcana. Oh, and the tiered traits, but that hurt the other classes equally.

I can’t wait until ANet releases the game promoted in the manifesto.
Until that, I’ll play GW2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

I miss beta Shatterstone so much.