What to do with Scepter/Focus...

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zyxith.9328

Zyxith.9328

So my Ascended trinkets are Celestial and my Ascended Armour is Keepers ( Power with Precision/Healing) I’ve started working on getting into staff yet since it’s Bifrost I can swap my stats so I’m not worried. I also don’t feel dagger suits my character concept, so I don’t use it yet I welcome comments on what stats for it…

My main question is about S/F. I find very little info on using these two together sadly. I’m curious what stats I should go with for them, or sigils. As it stands, I use Exotic Berserker, yet with the nerf to crit coming, I wonder if I should.

My goal is to basically be DPS yet have heals that are decently effective when I use them. I mean, I wish I could heal more yet that’s probably not going to work, so maybe a nice DPS/Optional healing build.

So yeah, I am curious what stats for my S/F, tips on them, heck even traits. I’m currently running 20/20/0/30/0. Spell Slinger, Infernal Fire, Soothing Wind, Bolt of the Heart, Soothing Disruption, Cantrip mastery and Soothing wave.

In short, I want a build that uses S/F and Staff, as I dislike daggers yet I want to keep to my trinkets/amour as I don’t feel like making them again, being ascended. Also, I’m talking more PvE. I am open to PvP yet I don’t do it much. If anything, maybe a PvE build that wouldn’t make me an utter mess at PvP if I want it as an option.

Thank you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

Look at the pve meta builds in the stickies at the top of the forum. Most are S/F anyhow. Essentially, S/F you would run virtually the same as S/D, just /F is somewhat more defensive (although since you mention healing, less heals too – granted not much, but water 5 dagger is a heal vs. no heals on /f, same number of blast finishers though, just in different spots).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Focus is good for block hits that would normally kill you. This make it a good choice for high lvl fractals or some of the harder dungeons where you can not just heal through the dmg.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Look at the pve meta builds in the stickies at the top of the forum. Most are S/F anyhow. Essentially, S/F you would run virtually the same as S/D, just /F is somewhat more defensive (although since you mention healing, less heals too – granted not much, but water 5 dagger is a heal vs. no heals on /f, same number of blast finishers though, just in different spots).

/F is superior because of the longer lasting fire field and better blasts. Earthquake has poor CD, and Churning Earth is nigh unusable in combat. The two blasts on the focus are shorter CD, as well as bringing Swirlies and Obsidian Flesh into the mix.

Dagger OH shouldn’t really be used in the offhand, imo.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)