What will happen to FGS?

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

In the upcoming feature patch? Seems anet has it’s nerf cannon ready for another round.

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It would be a sad day if they neutered FGS so that it’s not worth using anymore. FGS is fine as it is, it’s not like the dungeon content is difficult enough so that it can’t be beaten without it. We’ve been doing the same crap for over 2 years, I think we deserve to be able to do it quicker.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I’ll be most sad that I can’t firey rush the treb on khylo at the start of the match if they change it.

But for PvEsports at least icebows will still work.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

For each fgs nerf, i’ll kill a kitten. I warned you Anet, I warned you!

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

A change I could see coming that wouldn’t be a big nerf with out compromising the mobility it gives is that 4 stops after two ticks into a wall. If you use it for mobility you want it to not get you stuck in a wall. Of course that will be a major nerf to it in terms of PvE but it still is a lot of damage between 3 ,5 and 1 even if 4 is nerfed like that. My only fear is that they don’t get that the mechanics need a change and straight up reduce the numbers. It would make it unusable for every non running into a wall use,

Blub.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

DnT is asking for an FGS nerf. It’s been a hot topic for sometime now. Everybody who is asking for a nerf of FGS is really not clever.

I do not like FGS that much, but those people got it completely wrong.

If Anet nerfs it we know who to thank!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: VodCom.6924

VodCom.6924

Nerfing FGS means we’ll go back to 100 blades meta.

Fiery rush is situational. It has uses in very specific content (arah, cata) and is meh in other content (shadow of the dragon fight at the end of the summit for example).

Known as Reegar Else, Linda Else, Xiana Else and Thorgall Breakstone

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I’m sure they’ll nerf it rather than solve the real problems of dungeons.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I’m sure they’ll nerf it rather than solve the real problems of dungeons.

And you know what the worse is? The people asking for the nerf are those who consider themselves as elite and previously said that any elite player should learn to adapt to the best meta, instead of attempting to change the meta.

They will nerf FGS because a minority of stubborn warrior players are asking for their toys to be the best again like it was before. Of course, as we all know, everything was better before. And then, dungeons will be even more boring than they are now.

What can we do about this? Nothing. I have attempted to talk sense into the said players, but they are really hermetic. Those guys have no long term vision… it’s hollowing me.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

My suggestion would be completely changing the skill, maybe make it like a slightly more powerful version of LH so it’s still useful, but not as powerful as it is now.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Guys I have expressed our concerns in a balance subforum thread, check it out:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/balance/FGS-controversy/first#post4303248

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Nothing to worry. FGS will not get a nerf.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

What Miku said. It’s not about making the fights easier or anything, it’s about making them shorter. I don’t personally see a reason to nerf FGS and if that happens up to a point where FGS is not viable at all anymore, I’d like to see what kind of a replacement ANet would offer as an elite skill for eles.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

You guys are being quite short-sighted imo. Ofcourse fgs deserves a nerf. It’s galaxies ahead of all other means of dps through the gimmick of stacking stuff against the wall. If fiery rush weren’t in the game, things like engineers would get a place due to their vuln stacking (made redundant by a weak spot ele with an fgs). You ‘deserve’ to be able to do dungeons faster? What about new players that are faced with a dungeon system they can’t possibly be supposed to understand, where every fight is finished before even a single mechanic of the fight has been showed off.

It’s not like eles won’t be viable anymore without fgs. Our dps will still be absolute top-tier.

‘Instead of nerfing fgs, fix the broken combat system’ must be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. For one they are not mutually exclusive, secondly one takes a matter of minutes, the other a matter of months and thirdly, even with advanced AI fgs damage is too high.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You guys are being quite short-sighted imo. Ofcourse fgs deserves a nerf. It’s galaxies ahead of all other means of dps through the gimmick of stacking stuff against the wall. If fiery rush weren’t in the game, things like engineers would get a place due to their vuln stacking (made redundant by a weak spot ele with an fgs). You ‘deserve’ to be able to do dungeons faster? What about new players that are faced with a dungeon system they can’t possibly be supposed to understand, where every fight is finished before even a single mechanic of the fight has been showed off.

It’s not like eles won’t be viable anymore without fgs. Our dps will still be absolute top-tier.

‘Instead of nerfing fgs, fix the broken combat system’ must be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. For one they are not mutually exclusive, secondly one takes a matter of minutes, the other a matter of months and thirdly, even with advanced AI fgs damage is too high.

Have you ever tried to fgs mossman or arch diviner on fractal 50? They are extremely risky and the damage is certainly not too high considering how long it takes to kill them even with fgs and almost flawless group play. Its an issue in old easy content. Not so much in new more challenging content. Leave the old content as is. Give us new stuff which is very hard to fgs bypass. That should be the priority.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

It’s galaxies ahead of all other means of dps

I just did 75 000 damage on teq with a single 100-blades. Please do a galaxy higher amount of dps with fgs and post it.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

FGS is more than 75k, though. But wow, 75k on an uncrittable boss sure is high.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

To get fgs over 75k, you got to get ticks worth more than 1.4k (75/68*1.25) on teq in order for higher dps.

Even at full zerker and max might, I doubt it for uncrittable damage. Sounds testworthy however.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

1.4 is what you get unbuffed non crit.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Machupo.1095

Machupo.1095

75 000……..Ok then go to WB Jormag, with the bus be at equal distance of each leg and you’ll see amazing numbers. I could see numbers until around 240 000 !!!!! Couldn’t believed my eyes !

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

Oh, it’s in the double damag post. Then fgs is even higher.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Of course FGS deals more damage than 100b! But hey, cooldowns anyone?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

FGS is getting nerfed more than likely due to the mention in the blog post a few mins ago

about time

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

They are going with the right philosophy to address FGS and tornado. Remove their unintended abuse, while making them stronger at what they were intended to be. Now let’s just hope that the buffs will be enough to justify using both skills in normal situations.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

It’s galaxies ahead of all other means of dps

I just did 75 000 damage on teq with a single 100-blades. Please do a galaxy higher amount of dps with fgs and post it.

Something tells me you’re talking about that display glitch with channeled skills.

Either way, meh. I don’t really care about FGS. Ele will still laugh at the other classes.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

Also, since the overall party dps is lower, special buffs like banners will be less wanted. Depending on the nerf, engis may take the place of warriors. 2 eles+1 engi+ 1 thief+1 guard?

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Targeted rush, less spin2win time on whirl. Good thing they also nerfed RTL, so I’m actually boned running from a 2vZerg in WvW. And huray for Glyphs change! Now I’m going to be able stack burning on d/d finally!

elite specs ruined pvp.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

FGS is getting nerfed more than likely due to the mention in the blog post a few mins ago

about time

Ok. ‘please Anet nerf staff 1, it has no skill, but tags the most mob in the game, and hence should not be case, about time you nerf it’. Ouch Vol likes staff 1 to tag or mobs, he will resist it. Just like we ele’s will resist FGS nerf. It serves no purpose.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Chances are that they’ll make it so that you can’t stack Firey Rush damage in some way. This should not come as a surprise, none of you could believe for a second that Firey Rush was “working as intended.” Hopefully though, they will also buff up some of the other FGS options a bit, so that the weapon overall is still worth using, if no longer as ridiculously OP as it currently can be.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

FGS needed a nerf, don’t get me wrong. It’s seriously game-breaking, and anyone who doesn’t think so, clearly has no sense of game balance.

That said, we can safely assume Ice Bow will take over. REN guild is already looking into tactics besides Fiery Greatsword, and the future looks bright.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

oxtred.7658

FGS needed a nerf, don’t get me wrong. It’s seriously game-breaking, and anyone who doesn’t think so, clearly has no sense of game balance.

That said, we can safely assume Ice Bow will take over. REN guild is already looking into tactics besides Fiery Greatsword, and the future looks bright.

Yeah, and we’ll see far more norns in dungeons, wich is nice.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think they are going to remove the rush add in a leap that has more effects to it. If you think its fair that you can just simply push a boss into a wall and do that much dmg to them your fooling your self and consequently your killing the pve part of GW2.

I am thinking a leap where you do 2 hits one is the leap it self the other is a build in evade out. Think of hit and run kind of like Samurai charging each other with one hit being the make of who won and who lost. Maybe higher dmg over all added to the GS and its buff as in letting it give more then just power and condition dmg but giving the wielder vit and other def effects.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

For people who forgot…
During pax, izzy said in this same forum ele was too mobile and wanted to nerf FGS 3

feel free to laugh but its true.
so expect a double nerf

P.S: i don tthink a boss should be so stupid to charge blindlessly towards players ina 2014 game.
If its not FGS its banners, and guard skills.

But obviosly nerfing is the lazy way.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

I’ve also proved izzy’s 14/14/14/14/14 build was OP and it was nerfed the next week!

I’m tired of seeing bad players or simply players who just don’t know enough to judge balance, i will never ever advocate nerfs, once they nerf it they can go and complain about the next thing while destroying everything slowly.
Nerfs are a con to balance.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

(edited by Cries Of Sorrow.5864)

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

they’ll change the skin to a two handed battle axe    n_n
/endthread

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They are going with the right philosophy to address FGS and tornado. Remove their unintended abuse, while making them stronger at what they were intended to be. Now let’s just hope that the buffs will be enough to justify using both skills in normal situations.

I see no mention of buffing other parts of FGS merely nerfing the side effects. Which will just make it not worth using.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I see no mention of buffing other parts of FGS merely nerfing the side effects. Which will just make it not worth using.

You also see no mentioned of the other changes the elementalist will get but we both know they will.

Maybe you are right, but getting angry and mad about it is pointless.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Isn’t it obvious? First they removed the blink + firey rush combo, because it was definitly not working as intended. They mentioned back then that they will also take a look at the wall charge.

It’s 99% sure that FGS will not be able to rush into a wall anymore, wich is great. I feel sad for elementalists who just are in a party for being a FGS \/\/H()R€ … Probably the other skills get a higher dmg output or whatever. Just keep in mind that grandmaster trais are about to change – also a normal staff ele outdamages a 100b warrior already … ppl just seem to forget.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

Who is this Izzy you berate?

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

He is the Lead Designer for Guild Wars 2. Apparently in charge of designing the systems of the game, as well as balancing all the skills.

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

If you think about it, the ele is the only light armored profession with awesome mobility in wvw….. specially with fgs. I wouldn’t be surprised if the nerf that is coming to fgs is its range from skill 3 and 4. Ironically, the medium and heavy armored class are the most agile. Towards the buff aspect it could be fgs skill 2.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

What will happen to FGS?

in Elementalist

nearlight.3064

He is the Lead Designer for Guild Wars 2. Apparently in charge of designing the systems of the game, as well as balancing all the skills.

OH! That clown! hmmm I feel like they need more people on this job..

Necromancer Main
Nintendo games..