When did D/D ele become good again?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nakedziggy.3187

nakedziggy.3187

Hi guys, I’ve been away for a about 7-8 months and suddenly I seeing everyone crying about D/D being extremely good and overtuned….as if it were 2 years ago. Was the revamping of traits from 2 months ago what made us good again, or?

Thanks!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

I would say it’s because even after the June patch which made every class hit so much harder, celestial d/d ele is still able to withstand the increased damage, bunker a point, and deal a ton of damage on its own.

Some people think it’s a faceroll build that requires no skill, but I’ll leave that to the pros to answer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bean Muncher.5197

Bean Muncher.5197

As far as I know, D/D eles didn’t get buffed much more than other classes; in other words, other classes benefited from the power creep about as much as D/D eles. However, now that Shoutbow has been nerfed badly, D/D eles are no longer outclassed in their role, making them the top support spec again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

One word : Fire

Overall they were buff as much as most other profession. But pre-patch they already had access to a lot of fire, which was also buffed. So now, you have a profession as good defensively as it used to be, but able to now put a higher amount of damage.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well the pre-June version of D/D ele was more defensive and had perma-protection uptime 100% with elemental shielding. The boon duration nerf makes perma-prot impossible right now, but it doesn’t really matter since D/D ele gets way way more damage from fire traits, as well as blind to help mitigate damage. In particular the burning changes also helped make D/D ele do more damage, with drakes breath and ring of fire, so much that many eles I’ve seen are dropping strenght/hoelbrak runes for flame legion runes.

There are some earth D/D and staff builds too, but the increase in tankiness from stone heart isn’t really needed compared to the damage you get from the fire mights/damage mod traits. Overall the D/D ele survivability seems about the same, and 1v1 only mesmers and cele necros (and trap rangers if they land everything) can really threaten you, everything else is just wasting its time.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

IMO the 2 biggest changes:
- Elemental Attunement was made a minor in the Arcane trait line
- Burning is much stronger than it used to be since it now stacks

D/D Ele can grab celestial gear, stack might with fire fields, do great damage, be tanky, and be very mobile. It is stronk

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Elementalist

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

As far as I know, D/D eles didn’t get buffed much more than other classes; in other words, other classes benefited from the power creep about as much as D/D eles.

Ele had big power creep, not because of buffs to the ele class, but because ele benefited more than anyone else from having access to three full trait lines.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Basically what other’s said – the two main cele builds that competed for cele players use shoutbow and cele engi got nerfed. Now all those players play cele ele as it is practically the only cele viable. Honestly I don’t think it got buffed more than other builds that stayed in use. And mesmer for instance got buffed a LOT more than ele. Its just the best cele now.

Combine that with the fact that D/D cele ele is pretty much our only viable and played build, and that players are always jealous of the idea of hybrid/cele builds. So all the complaints now fall on eles.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Ele had big power creep, not because of buffs to the ele class, but because ele benefited more than anyone else from having access to three full trait lines.

lol just no. Not only did mesmer get more things put into baseline (a GM trait became free) but they also benefit more by literally combing multiple old builds into one (PU + shatter now.)

Eles ALWAYS went into 3 trait lines before spec patch. We run practically same build before and after. We aren’t suddenly running two builds like mesmer. Always water/arcane. The fire (or air) line is nice, but about on par for the rest of what everyone else got. Especially when you consider the nerfs in arcane and air.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

lol just no. Not only did mesmer get more things put into baseline (a GM trait became free) but they also benefit more by literally combing multiple old builds into one (PU + shatter now.)
Eles ALWAYS went into 3 trait lines before spec patch. We run practically same build before and after. We aren’t suddenly running two builds like mesmer. Always water/arcane. The fire (or air) line is nice, but about on par for the rest of what everyone else got. Especially when you consider the nerfs in arcane and air.

Try learning to read, going into three traitlines is not the same as “three full trait lines”, the clue is in the ‘full’, ele has a lot of really strong traits, so for example being able to now go fully down fire to in addition to water, arcana and be able to get blinding ashes, plus increased fire damage, more burning, reduced cooldowns, more condi cleanse etc. made dagger eles, an already strong build, even stronger. (add in how strong burnig is now, and well…)

Now compare that to say engy, now even if incendiary powder was put back in the explosives line, cele engy would not have the power creep dagger ele has had from having access to three full trait lines, the synergy is just not as strong, nor on the whole are there as many strong traits on an individual level.

As for mesmer, doesn’t change what I said, mesmer is the other class had big power creep from the changes, but much of that came from buffs to the mesmer like making IP baseline, the 1200 range on blink baseline, mantra changes, the ridiculous blind trait, etc, having access to 3 full trait lines helped, but not as much as it helped dagger ele.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naurgalen.2374

Naurgalen.2374

Burning hits far more and we have many ways to inflict it, so the preasure it gives to classes with low condition removal makes the class feel OP.

BUT because we only have 2 dmg conditions (burning and the limited bleeding) I prefer a dmg reduction with low stacks / low-medium condition dmg instead of less skills inflicting burning (+ if you get 10 stacks and didnt removed you deserve to die)

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

People said the same thing when the celestial amulet changed and strength runes changed. I didn’t play for a whole year but before I left that was the thing. Not sure were the OP gets 2 years ago. That would be when Ele was called UP. Since celestial changes about a year or so ago Ele has been doing pretty well.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

tl;dr d/d ele came back when cele amulet got buffed, then was replaced by the shoutbow, now shoutbow is dead and ele can go full fire for more might and blinds, also burn OP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Nice montage You might want to check out this build ( similar to your’s ) but more optimised for your style of gameplay.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYhcMoyhFOwzB0RMQAYUT4IMEiCQAIIWrhkYZA-TFTBAB3pCBN7PwlyA+0BMqqKopE8KlMdpUqjTAQlqFgoWAAeAABAQAuZdGADdoDdoFa38m38m38mlCgJlRA-w