Where's the Health?

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Igolbug.7295

Igolbug.7295

I have 10 more vitality points than my friends Mesmer, and he has 4k health on me.

Is there a base health on classes and if so why did we get screwed?

Igolbug – 80 Elementalist
The Owl Exterminators
Crystal Desert

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Digital Mus.7365

Digital Mus.7365

yes, there is a base health pool, and elementalist and guardian have the lowest ones, because they have more heals than other classes.

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: fatjosef.6380

fatjosef.6380

It’s kinda point of balance: Elem must have low health and high damage, but something goes wrong and now elem has low health and low damage. Dunno why. On bwe elem h/d balance works fine, but then arena nerfed elems to grave. Sad.

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: MasterK.2394

MasterK.2394

Just put 15 points in Water & 10 in Arcane and you’ll see why. Even if the rest of your points is put into Fire & Air, you see that the Elementalist can have a lot of sustain.

NZXT Phantom 410 case | Asus P8Z77-V LX | i5 – 3570k@4.2Ghz | Zalman CNPS 9900 Max
Corsair V. 1600Mhz 8GB DDR3 RAM | WD Black 1TB HDD | Nvidia Geforce GTX 660

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pinkerton.5643

Pinkerton.5643

Yes, we have lower pools than Mesmers. And yes, it’s probably because we have more heals. But we’re not the lowest in the game. That prize goes to Thief. And for good reason.
But we didn’t get screwed. We’ve got good defense abilities, strong offense abilities, heals, AND significant condition potential on EVER weapon set. Pick one and focus your build around it. You’d be surprised at how totally invincible we can be.

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeXyre.6025

DeXyre.6025

But we’re not the lowest in the game. That prize goes to Thief.

We have the same base hp as thief (and guardian)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Relentless.5678

Relentless.5678

30 points in water, and 10 in earth here.
It is invaluable at higher levels. I’ve taken single hits that would instantly down power specced eles. I try to never take any damage, and there are numerous auras and CC abilities that make this mostly possible. Sometimes though there’s too many, too much and everything is on cool-down.
I’d like to deal more raw damage like the BM Ranger I usually run with, but fire is the least appealing line to me for simple return on investment. Gear selection is important as well.
TL;DR The heath is there if you go all in.

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Large hp pool is worthless. Spec into healing and toughness and a pool of 10k will be full constantly.

And then someone bursts you down for 13k+ damage, and toughness won’t make much of a difference here. :P I hear toughness is more effective against many small hits, than slow, big hits. Also, condition damage is dangerous with low health.

Nonetheless, yes, toughness + healing power is a good combo. :P

Where's the Health?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pinkerton.5643

Pinkerton.5643

But we’re not the lowest in the game. That prize goes to Thief.

We have the same base hp as thief (and guardian)
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Health

hmm, good to know.
All I know is my roommate has significantly more trouble doing well on his thief than I do on my elementalist.