Which build/gear do you take into fractals?

in Elementalist

Posted by: timmetjek.7654

timmetjek.7654

Dear elementalist community,

What do you take into fractals?

Personally I take with me:

Weapons: Scepter/Dagger (switch to focus if need arises)

Armor: Full berserker gear with Scholar runes and sigil of battle/force

Traits: Fresh air build (0/30/0/10/30) with traits such as Bolt to the heart, Fresh air, Cleansing wave, Renewing stamina and evasive arcana.

Healing skill: Signet of restoration (heal on cast) .. this works great in combination with onomnom berry pie (66% chance of lifestyle on crit / +precision)

Slot skills:
Mist form (if i find myself stuck in some aoe bombardment this is awesome)
Signet of fire / Earth armor (i switch depending on the situation)
Arcane wave (used for damage and might stacking)

My playstyle is pretty simple. I start the fight by stacking might while damaging foes. That is : Dragons tooth -> Ring of fire -> Phoenix -> Arcane wave -> switch to earth -> Earthquake -> chruning earth. By this time I have 13 might might from my attacks alone but normally im sitting on 25 might already due to stacks gained from other teamembers.

The rest of the fight I try to stay out of air as much as possible. In fire I do try to stack might, whenever I crit I go back to air and unleash some burst. Out of air go to water to heal up with cleansing wave and cleansing wave from evasive arcana.

That pretty much sums it up

How do you play your ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

I go with usual fresh air build

0 / VI, X, XII / VI/ V or IV, VI / VI or V

I use D/F with damage multiplier and sigil of energy,
S/D in fractals where melee isn’t that supported, then with sigil of battle
Staff where control/aoe/long range really shines. For example Ascalon fractal or Molten Boss (given you are not meleeing berserker)

Slot Skills:
Arcane Shield
Lightning Flash
Signet of Fire/Arcane Wave/Mist form/something else i need

Heal skill:
Ether renewal for usual play
Glyph when a fast heal is needed and signet to negate varius fractals/mlock levels.

Other than that keep Swirling up when needed, put down fire fields, go invun/reflect in earth focus and smack those mobs with lightning whip

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

in Elementalist

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

0-0-20-20-30 WvW build (too lazy to change since I do wvw everyday)
Celestial Staff and the rest are all berserk.
Ether Renewal – Ice Bow – Arcane Wave – Glyph of Storm (for blind) – Glyph of Elementals.

Play style: stack corner > pull mobs > Unsteady Ground > Glyph of Storm (Sandstorm) > nuke

When fight melee boss I’ll change Arcane Wave – Glyph of Storm to Signet of Earth – Signet of Water to make the boss snared all the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: povV.5681

povV.5681

fresh air, full celestial with traveler runes cuz i like the boon duration, crit, and speed. i find celestial is nice all around. also i run a sigil of generosity for the condi cleanse. cuz its op as kitten. and ya s/d except the occasional d/f healing slot changes depending on fractal

Too Pow – Do You Even HP [Bru]
pvp = shopping at gucci n loui
wvw = shopping at walmart and costco

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

Lazy staff build

Zerk, scholar, force/bloodlust
30/20/0/0/20

Start off with earth 2/fire2 might stack combo, then nuke away with fire spells. Will self sustain around 13 stacks of might, will get to 25 if a staff guardian is around or if someone else has might stacks.

I only run into problems with the Asura Floor disappearing fractal, get dps’d cuz I can’t concentrate on dodging as much and this is a new fractal so I haven’t practiced it much yet.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

(edited by Mochann.5298)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Staff:
25 Air: I/III
15 Water: V
30 Arcana: V/VIII/VI

Skills: GoEH, AoE, GoEP, GoLE, GoE

Gear: PVT gear, mix of zerk and cleric trinkets.

Sigils/Runes: Battle, 2x Traveler, 4x Altruism

Use the same build for WvW too. It has great damage while still supporting the neccesary defense to keep things running smoothly (and by that I mean both myself and my team: I don’t always play zerker optimal runs).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

i use your same build timmetjek but stay most of the time with d\f and use scepter when need range

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chop.2976

Chop.2976

I play d/d fresh air 0/30/0/30/10. With berserker armour and scholar runes with sigil of battle/bloodlust. I switch to s/f or s/d as necessary, but generally prefer d/d.

For utilities I bring sigil of fire, for the extra crit, Lightning Flash because it’s awesome, and arcane shield because it’s convenient.

I play by constantly swapping attunements for the fury, casting a spell or two then back to air to auto attack.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Fresh air burst build if I’m with a decent group that knows what they’re doing, or if I’m just with a bunch of randoms i’ll just keep my wvw build since it’s somewhat tanky but still puts out decent damage. I’m always the last one left standing if the party screws up and gets killed that way atleast. Soloing that molten firestorm and berserker thing at a level 35 fractal after everyone else died was not fun though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhImkbnR9wjDAEFmgiQxDWUeMTO2A-jAyAY/ASiAICgJviox2MKiGruGT5uoa1LAA-e

this… (0/20/0/20/30 zerker) i switch to scepter/focus in difficult parts, i also switch to celestial armor in parts where dps is not important or condition damage is better (laser boss for example).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Full zerker armor set or my recently made knight’s set.

I switch between d/f, s/f, s/d and staff as needed.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Machupo.1095

Machupo.1095

Guys you are just frightening me : I play lvl 30-40 fractal at this time and I just can’t play full zerk most of the time, I take too much…….must be noob I think…… Are you falling more than the other classe or not during the run ?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Full zerk, either 30/30/10/0/0 with mainly D/F or 30/10/10/20/0 with mainly Scepter + LH. I rarely use staff, but everything else gets frequent use regardless of build. If I need more dodges, I’ll grab a weapon with an energy sigil.

I run with guild groups that are 1 guard/ 2 warriors + 2 out of (ele/mesmer/thief/warrior), so while I don’t have to carry PUGs, I am expected to take care of myself and contribute to party utility. This was our party composition at fractals 60+ before the fractal patch and from 30 to 50 after patch.

For trash clearing in Urban Battleground, Cliffside, Molten Facility, Reactor, and to a lesser extent Dredge, my utilities are Glyph of Storms, Lightning Hammer, and Arcane Wave. Put down fire field, stack might, cast GoS in earth attunement, lay down a Static Field with LH, and then DPS away with LH to keep up the blinds.

For single target fights I’ll go with Arcane Shield, Arcane Wave, and either Lightning Hammer, Signet of Fire (if not using a LH-centric build), Glyph of Elemental Power for permacripple, Cleansing Flame (for Mai Trin), or Mist Form (for rezzing or getting out of tough spots).

While FGS is pretty useful for some easy DPS, Glyph of Elementals in earth or water attunement is situationally useful, especially now that it is immune to agony damage. It facetanks Old Tom’s attacks while we DPS it down, is a decent aggro magnet for Archdiviner, Mossman, and other bosses, and possibly might be able to eat the crazy asura’s agony attacks if you can position it correctly (haven’t tested that).

Survivability of a zerk ele comes from just being familiar with the content. Figure out which mobs have attacks that can one shot you and then position yourself accordingly or save a dodge for when you see the tell. I certainly wasn’t able to just throw on a set of zerk gear and survive everything at first.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

s/d zerk lh

30/10/10/20/0

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30