Which jewellery to compliment gear?

in Elementalist

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

I’m currently using 0/10/0/30/30 or 0/0/10/30/30 with staff in pve and dagger in pvp. I’m running PTV armour and runes for boon uptime. I’m wondering if I should use PTV in my accessories to give me more focused tankiness, or to use celestial which gives everything.

The reason why I’m wondering is that celestial gear gives ptv, as well as healing power and condition damage which are both very attractive, but I’m worried the lack of focusing and being too all rounded will end up kicking me in the backside.

Any opinions/explanations/studies?

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

I’m thinking about that combo too of 0/10/0/30/30, with daggers in PvE, and wondering on trinkets as well as weapons, haha.

I actually have two berserker daggers (pow/prec/crit) waiting for me at 80, but elementalists should focus more on condition damage?

I’m thinking for 80, I should try to obtain the ascended trinkets which are ‘celestial’ (all stats) since I honestly don’t know what to focus on, haha.

in Elementalist

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

I use cleric’s rings for the toughness and extra healing power. Combined with the 300 from my trait points in water, I sit at around 500 healing power. Everything else is knight’s because of the arcane trait that gives me a chance for vigor on crit. Since Zephyr’s Boon gives me perma fury, I have 40% crit chance and usually have vigor up allowing me to evade more attacks as well as proc my evasive arcana more often.

in Elementalist

brickforlife.1364

I use cleric’s rings for the toughness and extra healing power. Combined with the 300 from my trait points in water, I sit at around 500 healing power. Everything else is knight’s because of the arcane trait that gives me a chance for vigor on crit. Since Zephyr’s Boon gives me perma fury, I have 40% crit chance and usually have vigor up allowing me to evade more attacks as well as proc my evasive arcana more often.

You don’t really need knight’s to have more vigor. I have 34% with jsut celestial and fury and it procs up to 1 min easily. There’s no knight’s for ascended either, nor clerics. I’m wondering if celestial or soldier’s is better.

Good opinion though. Gave me some food for thought for earrings.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Serp.3264

Serp.3264

I run 10/10/0/30/20 on both staff and d/d and I run full beserker jewelry with p/v/t armor/weapons. It works incredibly well for me. I started off with a full set of cleric’s jewelry but decided to switch to beserker once I got more used to the class. The extra damage is nice and I prefer it over the cleric’s jewelry at this point.

S3rP
Leader of Eastern Wind [EW]
Yak’s Bend Server

(edited by Serp.3264)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sleepcoma.9487

Sleepcoma.9487

I’m 0/10/10/30/20, I have Berzerker gear with Boon Duration runes and Power/Vit/Critical Damage (Valkyrie) Jewelry. Works great for me, just enough extra health that I can get out of danger when needed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

I carry sapphire, PTV, berserker all the time because ele can play different role. Depending on which weapon, strength of party, or playing WvW, I change them. Also you can mix them to substitute other gears.

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

in Elementalist

brickforlife.1364

@Serp, sleepcoma, soistheman

How much significance is the damage increase on Berserker? I can’t slot out the jewels on the ascended and I want to be super sure that it’s better.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

most of the difference i can tell top of my head is critical damage. with my spec 0/20/0/30/20, i can do 2.5 to 4k damage with berserker. with other jewels, it does 1.5 to 2k damage.

Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!