Which stats do I need? Fresh 80 Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Here is a pretty balanced d/d build that will work well in pretty much any situation be it PvE or WvW. It’s all with exotic gear.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/elementalist/?1.0|8.1n.h1h.8.1n.h2.0.0.0|0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0|1c.71g.1c.71g.1c.71h.1c.71h.1c.71m.1c.71m|1g.67.1g.61.1g.61.1n.64.1n.64.1g.61|0.a1.0.u35b.u56b|0.0|0.0.0.0.0|e

You were right for the most part that it’s pretty simple. Just soldier armor with zerker/valk and knight’s trinkets.
If you find it to be too tanky and you want more burst, you can swap out some of the soldier armor pieces for either valkyrie or berserker. You can also ditch the boon duration runes for beryl or ruby orbs for more damage. If you find it too squishy, you can change some of the zerker/valk trinkets to either full valkyrie or soldiers.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Here ya go!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbyRAxjEAEFm4yoQHiCPUeMTO2A-j0CBYfChUEgEBIUBApPFRjtMMIVXht8KaabYqYER1WzFRrWKgRVGB-w

Very good mix of survivability and burst. Bit low on healing power but that’s fine. I have about 5 other builds sitting around if you want them. Just tell me what you really want out of your spec.

Things to note when building:

1. Account for precision and fury when going for a bursty build. I feel that for it to work, you need either high precision and you can forgo boon duration to pick up more survivability or utility from melandru or traveler runes, while also taking ten out of air and into somewhere else like earth, OR go for lower precision (minimum 10%) and definitely go for boon duration runes and 10 in air to stack fury for 30%.

2. Consider your food carefully. If you already have high enough condi removal from 30 in water and/or ether renewal, you can opt for a different food to increase burst (100prec+10%crit if your crit rate is too low OR 100pow+10%crit if you have about 20 already) If you run 20 in water and feel too pressured by condi’s, consider the -40% condi duration food. It stacks nicely with 2 runes in Melandru, for a total -50% reduction. This is mainly a good food for builds leaning to survivability.

3. When creating a balanced build, try to stay above 2.5k armor and 14k health. Let the WvW buffs take care of your health and try to build towards toughness rather than vitality.

4. When including crit damage in your spec, keep them on trinkets and weapons. Armor pieces generally have bad crit damage. Do keep in mind that armor has vit/crit and trinkets have both vit/crit and tough/crit. When doing a mix of both, out vit/crit on armor and tough/crit on trinkets. Use weapons to round out your build, usually to either increase crit rate to acceptable levels or to get enough toughness, so pick between beserker and cavalier weapons.

5. Do keep in mind that when making a heal spec, keep your healing power above 1k or it won’t keep up. You’ll need healing power on both armor and trinkets to achieve this, so go for either heal/cond or heal/pow. I personally recommend heal/cond but it requires a different playstyle than a direct damage approach. Weapons are to round out your build, of course.

6. I’ve ran many tests on celestial stats and never really found a good balance. Often times, mixing three-stat gears were much more balanced overall. And honestly, not worth the grind. Try mixes of knight/cavalier or soldier/beserker and so on.

7. As for utilities, I find cantrips a must unless you’re some sort of one-shot spec. When going for burst, avoid arcane precision unless you plan on taking the arcana trait, Elemental Surge, (makes the next five attacks proc an effect based on attunement, with no cooldown. Very good for conjured weapons) for lots of immobilization and blinds. Always consider taking lightning flakitten’s an all around fantastic skill for offensive and defensive purposes. Also, personally, I’ve always liked taking lightning hammer with me for more CC and damage than over armor of earth.

edit-

8. Pay attention to sigils. Especially as to what stat you want per kill. The rule of thumb is power becomes more useful once you get enough crit rate. Basically, get crit rate up to snuff then invest more into power. I feel this point is around 30-40% crit rate, fury being included. When building a balanced spec, you may have a build on your hands that has higher effective health but your damage suffers. Sigils can help round that out. Onthe other hand, you could have plenty of both but lacking in healing oower, so get that. Oh, and pay attention to when you have full stacks. When that occurs, switch to an identical weapon with a permanent effect. You’ll keep the stacks. Usually, I go with 10% damage at night but stuff like additional crit chance works too.

Any more questions? Feel free to ask.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

(edited by Azunai.5974)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

^ the above is good but quite tanky/lowish dmg.

I’d lean more towards PVT armour with divinity or traveller runes, zerker weapons and a mix of celestial/zerker jewellry.

Same traits and utilities as Puandro’s build above except I much prefer Armour of Earth over Cleansing Fire for reliable stability. For roaming I prefer mango pies.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

Just go full ’zerkers on everything like real men do.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minoru.1237

Minoru.1237

Fuzzion, the build you shared is power starved, has low crititcal damage, and has only decent toughness for the amount of power it sacrifices. I used to run a build just like that, and while my build, like the one you linked, had high healing power, I’ve found that I can get by in WvW with just the healing power I get from the water trait line.

If I were starting out now I’d build my ele like this: http://intothemists.com/guides/1020-ele_starter_build
It will work with all weapons for pve and for wvw. It has great damage and decent toughness. Use aura and attunement swap for fury and decent burst. You can swap in travelors runes, or, one day when you save up enough, divinity for even better stats. If you’re concerned about the 14.5 k hp you can trade in some of the power for vit with rune of the wurm. http://intothemists.com/guides/1021-ele_starter_build_vitality_trade_off. Pm in game and I can walk you through where to acquire the cavalier stuff.

(edited by Minoru.1237)

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

if money is an issue, hide behind a zerg in WvW and get badges to buy gear with it.

Personally, the best stat of an elementalist is rerolling to almost any class.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

if money is an issue, hide behind a zerg in WvW and get badges to buy gear with it.

Personally, the best stat of an elementalist is rerolling to almost any class.

LOL
Its funny cause its true.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sanictoofast.9317

sanictoofast.9317

can someone clarify why you eles don’t like celestial? it seems perfect for elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

can someone clarify why you eles don’t like celestial? it seems perfect for elementalist

It looks good on paper, but it’s horrible when you actually use it. Your defense and offense will be really low. You have more healing and vit, but lower armor. So you actually die more easily. You have high crit damage, but low precision and power. So you actually deal less damage. And the extra cond damage you do is negligible since ele is the worst profession besides guardian to make a cond build for. It was good for the MF, but they took that off without buffing anything else. So Celestial is absolutely worthless now. Don’t waste your time getting it like the rest of us had and realized afterwards how bad it is. A few celestial trinkets or armor pieces is fine to fill in gaps your build is missing. But don’t go full celestial, you’ll regret the waste in time and money.