Who are happy with their elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Well For me No and Yes, Ive been leveling my ele since the start up to lvl80 and yes i like the class but no they are not on par damage wise at 80 dont care what anyone say

Ive got full exotic crafted gear and exotic staff and i find the cursed shore hell. Im sorry but he person who said you can take 5 mobs there as a staff ele and wack them down quicker than any other class talks total bollocks in my oppinion (until proven otherwise).

I struggle to barely stay alive with one mob. unless you guessed it the mob happens to be a rissen wizard which uses the same skills as a ele. You can basically just stand there and knock em down

My main is a staff ele and I’ve played it for a while; I am still not very good at PvE even though that’s all I play, but here’s a video of me killing 5 Risens in Cursed Shore.

Edit: and another one

I will not claim that this was a fast kill; I wouldn’t call it easy, but it’s not so hard that I had to depend on a rally to finish it. What it does show is that an ele who makes quite a few mistakes can still take on 5 risens at a time; perhaps not continuously, since by the end of the fighting, my arcane shield still had 56 seconds cooldown, but it’s a far cry from struggling to survive one risen.

Here’s a list of the mistakes I made or handicaps I’ve imposed, a better player than me would have made it out of that battle in far better shape

• 00:00 I decided not to use my elemental (elite), even though this would have been the ideal situation to use an Earth Elemental to tank.
  • 00:00 I decided not to use my undead slaying potion and food that gives me power, since not everyone uses the best consumables all the time.
  • 00:08 A Risen Villager off screen aggro’d on me, so I didn’t pull the original 5 I was sweeping my mouse over. It was intentional that I only started attacking after all 5 aggro’d though.
  • 00:15 Being pulled in by the Putrifier disrupted my flow, you could see my mousing slowly back towards the Static Field skill instead of using my keyboard. You will continue to see my dependency on my mouse to click skills, which some may consider a weakness.
  • 00:23 I stayed stationary after I activated the heal, I should have continued kiting.
  • 00:31 I aimed my Ice Spike too far ahead, but got lucky and still caught 2 out of the 3 surviving risens
  • 00:33 I did not immediately switch back to a higher damage attunement to finish off the final risen after using Geyser. Both Air and Earth attunements were ready for my use, I was probably trying to switch to Fire on my keyboard because I honestly am not a good ele who is equally comfortable in all attunements.

My gears and traits are shown at the end. I am not in full 80 Exotics, I have some 80 exotics, rares, and a 76 exotic I got from map completion. I also don’t have a rune set, instead I just use orbs… and a garnet pebble in my low level quest backbrace

So, that was me, playing the ele wrong, and taking on 5 risens.

Back to the OP: I am happy with my ele. I am excited every time I get an opportunity to pull off meteor shower to good effect (taking out graveling burrows in AC, getting credit on 20 mobs in a dynamic event with one cast, striking the Claw of Jormag on his head and both claws in one cast)

Trying to stop making all these mistakes is what motivates me to keep playing my elementalist, I’ve only PvE’d and still have much to learn before I would consider weighing in on an argument about whether it’s effective or not, but I can say I am enjoying it.

(edited by CHOAM.7852)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Areann.1304

Areann.1304

In PvE I can do it all actually, with the staff. Explorable dungeons, farming eight mobs, killing veterans before they reach me, solo all the skill challenges, … With one other good guy, I can kill champions. With two others, everything is possible except the Meta events.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chronocook.8937

Chronocook.8937

I’m seeing the pattern that people have fun in PvE with their elementalist but in PvP they are having no fun. In my mind this is largely due to the fact that many of the elementalists more powerful abilities are simply not effective against player characters such as dragon’s tooth, meteor shower, flame wall, churning earth, etc. So players wanting to spec as a glass-cannon end up being all glass and no cannon when player’s dance around all of their best attacks. This only leaves the turtle healer build which most elementalists did not envision when they rolled their tunes. I’m in this boat and decided to just role a thief and wait to see if they balance things.

in Elementalist

Posted by: JohnnyRockets.7593

JohnnyRockets.7593

I am.

Coming from other MMOs, I REALLY did not like swapping weapons so after trying a handful of classes, I finally settled on a staff-wielding Elementalist and loved it the entire way from 1-80.

I also like ranged damage, so playing melee classes was an awful experience.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I don’t see elementalists ever being brought completely on par with the ease of say a warrior, but at some point they will be good enough to be worth the difficulty of playing one. We’re not there yet though. So I’m not totally satisfied yet.

I’m a GW2 fan but I’m no GW2 fanboy (maybe an Anet fanboy though if that makes sense). They have issues to work out and if you believe that they are totally fine in pve, well you’re wrong. Anet is probably already taking a look at their death to kill ratios and other metrics.

(edited by Zonzai.2341)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

this thread is asked ONLY to try to pull attention to the people which is happy about the ele, and even so almost every single one is complaining about or mentioning it being weaker then other classes -_-
can’t believe that anet havent fixed it yet, even in a super denial thread like this people are saying its broken… sigh

in Elementalist

Posted by: JohnnyRockets.7593

JohnnyRockets.7593

this thread is asked ONLY to try to pull attention to the people which is happy about the ele, and even so almost every single one is complaining about or mentioning it being weaker then other classes -_-
can’t believe that anet havent fixed it yet, even in a super denial thread like this people are saying its broken… sigh

See just 2 posts above yours.

There are those of us out there who are perfectly happy!

Also, all the other happy people don’t come to the forums.

in Elementalist

Zonzai.2341

this thread is asked ONLY to try to pull attention to the people which is happy about the ele…

No it isn’t. If you ask somebody if they are happy with something, they aren’t allowed to say no? Be quiet or be happy! Don’t be silly. maybe you should change the title to, “this thread is asked ONLY to try to pull attention to the people which is happy about the ele” so we know we who are not entirely happy are allowed to reply.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I’m happy most of the time with my Ele. I play only sPvP and tPvP with it. My friend seems to be happy with his but still has some grips (ele downed state we are looking at you, and only 1 trait for summon weapons). Bet you cant guess our builds. Mine: 0 0 10 30 30. His 0 0 10 30 30. He has his build setup to 100% condition removal at all times and uses a staff. He runs the exact same build in pve and pvp and gets kitten at having to re-slot his traits in pvp lol. I normally run scepter dagger for lots of dodges but am currently trying dagger dagger to get out more damage.

We have some good stuff, staff with sigil of energy and evasive arcana and arcane wave.

1. Cast eruption (earth)
  2. Switch water during eruption
  3. Cast water 5 (healing rain?) over eruption
  4. Dodge if in combat within field
  5. Dodge again within field
  6. Arcane wave within field
  7. Switch attunement
  8. Dodge again within field

5 Blast healing finisher

I have some gripes with broken skills, dagger air 2, dagger fire 5, dagger earth 3 hardly ever hit or get “obstructed” when it does actually hit. Dagger air 4 bugs to much. And finally downed state, have no idea what the devs were thinking there, not sure if they just put the stomp in to close to release to test everyone’s downed abilities or what.

If they fixed those moves I would be ecstatic to play my ele, currently I only air 2 after air 5 and earth 3 within melee range for the imob or after earth 4.

Ele has a lot of good tools vs thief as well. The high damage backstab ones will put you on your but quite quickly if you don’t play right but once the fight is within your favor and you down them you win. Immediately start a down (if its a good idea to), they will teleport, then simply press (dagger dagger) air 5, fire 3, or earth 3 and you will zip over to their new location (normally) so you can down their sorry but.

TL;DR

• Elementalist is a fun class to play and I quite enjoy playing it (its my pvp main)
  • Their bugs are annoying and they would be much better when fixed
  • Downed state is pure kiten
  • Lots of good tools at their disposal but harder to play then some other classes
  • Defense builds seem most viable atm
Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hov.1659

Hov.1659

Been palying Elle since head start, have few other chars at low levels, simply because i dont find them fun enough, I’ve also done fair share of sPvP and thus far my Elle seems reasonable enough to stay competitive, few 300 point games under the belt already. and im only PvP lvl 10. So with more practice, i am sure i will become even better. i started of with a D/D toughnes/hp build, but not too long aog droped that for glass cannon S/D and its been a blast, since i learned that if you kid around almost any class will smash you quickly, therefore only way not to die is be mobile and unleash hell to them literially.
I imagine there is alot of QQ around, but heck im sure its the same with every class (except for thiefs) . Practice amkes perfect, no need to hate on a class simply because its not OP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Stopped leveling my Ele at level sixty-one and went to an alt, I’ll come back when the class is fixed, and I don’t just mean the bugs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Just started one out and lovin it in spvp… staff build sucks I found, but power D/D is the bomb. I can rip in there and just lay down massive destruction, no one can touch me because they are crippled and I move around like greased lightning. I definately feel the alpha predator. Used to play mesmer but its a much different playstyle, you spend most of your time avoiding people and using a few tricks, elementalist is like a roaming atomic warhead.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i used to be a staff elementalist like you…then i got 2 daggers….

All became easier u.u i can do the same and possible more…

Well didn t try scepter because i can t seem to find a decent skin for it .-.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

playing pvp since BWE1.. still very happy with my elementalist..

aside from the low underwater damage and the totally useless downed state and quite a list of bugs
wink @ arenanet

But even with that i still have more fun on it then my other professions.

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Killing Is Heroism.8429

Killing Is Heroism.8429

I love my elementalist. I just got him to level 80! Downed state is all right, minus the death penalty each time you use mist form. I find him a bit more squishy vs my other casters however. Focus off-hand skills suck royally I think, so I just do mainly staff. I often switch to D/D or S/D. I find that staff skills could possibly use more damage. I find myself at level 80 only hitting 300s and my power is HIGH. However, I do hit 700s with my crit so maybe it’s normal in general? The thing I love though is how challenging it is. I like having to switch between the elements and I’ve worked out a good system that keeps me from taking much damage at all. I’ve managed to take down some difficult skill challenge bosses on my own using D/D. I’d say just fix the bugs and see what happens.

Northern Shiverpeaks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Slithan.4380

Slithan.4380

Most people you will find on here are happy with their ele, because all of the people who didn’t like it have either quit or gone to a better profession. Additionally, most like the playstyle of ele, just not the lower damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Revitte.1936

Revitte.1936

I love my Ele! I had no interest in them at all until I decided to randomly give one a try during Beta and that was that. I was totally hooked.

Now, my main is 80, and I still love her just as much as ever for all the crazy versatility she has. I really haven’t tried many different builds, since I love my original (10E/30W/30Arc) but I also tend to do more group play than soloing.

Sure, I’ve made a ton of alts.. but I just don’t have any drive to play them.. I keep on going right back to my ele, every time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chewie.7389

Chewie.7389

Not I. But I’m slightly biased since my experience overall with the game and ANet has been somewhat of a let down. But the elementalist class is a disappointment in particular.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Buzzkill.9608

Buzzkill.9608

I believe it is possible that there are some people that really think that smacking the keys like a concert pianist just to stay alive is fun.
I believe that there are really some folks who think that their eles are doing “atomic damage”.
I also believe that those people are exceptions.
Elementalist is the coolest flashiest class in this game imo.
It’s also terribly mediocre.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

I’m satisfied for the most part. My main is an Ele (PvE and dungeons). Once I got the hang of it and configured the right build for me, it’s been gravy. my only major complaint is that i don’t find our elites useful at all. i usually keep glyph of elementals in the slot but i forget about it 75% of the time. I wish we could sub it with a utility skill instead. that would be great!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

Still loving mine, mostly because it just feels…fluid. I know that’s vague, but swapping from speed to defense to cc etc. just flows so well. I almost never take my daggers off anymore, though I do use staff occasionally.

D/D for open PvE, WvW (save when attacking/defending on the walls) and most dungeon encounters (with a couple of exceptions). I love that I hit harder the longer the fight. I know that on the DPS front I can get the same or better results on other classes with less effort; but nothing quite responds to the ebb and flow of battle like the ele does for me.

Just needs some bug fixes and a few tweaks to be perfect, imo. I have, and enjoy, playing alts on occasion but I don’t think any other class will be able to hold my attention long-term like the ele does.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BioMasterZap.4350

BioMasterZap.4350

I wish I could have added to these forums sooner, but a bug kept me off them for about a month! I was shocked at all the negatives I saw when I first came to the ele forum. I’ve played ele in betas and made it my main character in launch (I actually enjoyed others more, but I wanted ele to lead since it was first in gw1 and I felt its versatile was useful as a first character). I got to around level 70 before I checked forums and I never really felt I had problems because of the profession.

Since then I’ve hit level 80, learned a lot more, and learned that a lot of this forum are being a bit extreme. I do just fine in dungeons and never once have been turned down because I was an Ele (mostly CoF and HotW). In solo, it can be a bit harder but 1v1 against risen in orr is usually easy. Mobs can be a bit more challenging, but I can take a lot with nukes. Usually, I focus on Fire for nuking power. I do have a balanced build (20/20/10/10/10) and I do attune to the others, but only when there is a need (like a tougher dungeon boss, then I throw down all my fields). But just doing around low levels areas, Fire+Staff does just fine.
I played my ele in pvp, as well as thief and warrior and I will say it may be a bit underpowered there, but I felt I did pretty well consider I am not a big PvPer. In WvW it is more my lag than the profession that gets me killed.

Short Version/Summary: There are a good bit of bugged skills and traits that need to be fixed and I wouldn’t mind some tweaks on things to make the profession more balanced, but I have been enjoying and plan to keep playing my ele. It may be squishy and it may not be strongest, but I got use to a lot of its styles and I find it very fun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

I enjoy playing my elementalist a lot but I do wish a few things were better (as a staff user). I do wish I didn’t have to use so many stun breaking cantrips and I wish the elementals were permanent like necro minions and were less stupid. I wish I didn’t have to put 30 points into a trait line just to get one useful trait while the rest are kind of so-so. And I do wish I wasn’t so kitten squishy and I’m a little envious of other classes’ dps.

Other than a few wishes though, I like my elementalist a lot. She’s really fun to play and she’s going to be my first lvl 80 char after experimenting with a lot.

in Elementalist

Posted by: undouble.1472

undouble.1472

I’m running a Sylvan (f) ele and only note a couple of “glitchy” items:
1) Can’t stop “autoattacks” on otherwise neutral critters————and NEVER know when the AI is gonna decide to attack—-or what!!
2) Now have issue with skills that don’t work!! (Notably FIre and Water Scepter skills)—oops, I’m dead again!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loxon.8037

Loxon.8037

I really enjoy my elementalist the more I play. I understand the lack of weapon swap, but would love an out-of-combat one so I could swap in WvW a little quicker (higher on the wish list would be a full on equipment manager so I could rapidly swap between battles).

D/D elementalist has re-invigorated my love of the class. So many buttons!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nearo.4935

Nearo.4935

You made them too weak

You made them too hard

All those diffrent spells that you have to remeber to switch between instead of making them all at a single push of a button is Insane stupid makes people think you made it like that just so u can say look we’ve inovated the wizard and made them all brand new.your idea failed in playability.

Ive been playing a mage and only a mage in all mmorpg’s since dura europes on bbs before people had internet way before wow cameout.there suposed to be harder yes but you’ve took all the fun out of playing them.

My wife is one of those pve girls never even duled anyone in her life except when i made her fight me in other games and she always lost horribly! even after i would log into her account and write down what her spells did and told her when the best times to use them would be,She hasnt even spent her trait points! OR skill points! were same exact lvl she is a ranger cos she loves that pet taking all the damage for her.remember now she dosent do the pvp at all most things are dead before she takes so much damage she dies pushing her 5 buttons and when she does die she can take out a whole army of mobs coming back alive several times and fighting again instead of ressing me like a noraml person would fighting overwhelming odds but she just inst that quick minded and can never find my body even if it’s right on top of me with the res button on her screen she still somehow manages too not see it 80% of the time so we’ve gotten to the point of me losing it and yelling at her questioning why she cant do a simple task like ressing me before she dies again to just letting her die and res herself and finish off the mobs then res me if she manages to live through it all which she does quite often too my astonishment and i cannot do this past 1 on 2 with anymob.

She can beat me 1 on 1 everytime 10 out of 10 .Ive prooven the mechanic’s of your game for the elementalist vs a ranger to be absolutlely flawed.this just has no other explanation or ranger’s are too overpowerd and elementalist are too underpowerd and that’s why im losing agasnt someone who’s never been good at pvp in any mmorpg’s we’ve played together in 8 years.

If you still think im doing something wrong.you just dont understand this fact.she has spent None of her trait points or skill points. she uses the same 5 spells you log in with at the start of the game..she just smashes buttons litterally

I have spent nearly two weeks reading on strategies/combo’s/cantrips/stacking/land elevation damage stacking..im always good at pvp, ive never been bad at pvp EVER.i learn the spells and know when to use em and not to use em, i know all my combo’s and she 3-6 hit’s me everytime..no matter how defensive or defesive/heally i make it.glasscannon and it’s 3 hits and im dead if she dosent 1 shot me

I have prooved your game, favor’s the ranger or it’s mechanic’s are just completly flawed.there is no sensible other explanation.

my pc also is way better then her by thousands..im pushing 60-70 fps

Im not one to post but felt i had to say something about this because it’s game breaking.my wife has never been good at fighting other people in video games in her life and i have always been an overachiever in that department and this game hands down has something wrong with it.she just stands there! smashing buttons and im running cordinating my rolls with my spells and abilities/cantrips while useing the kitten elevation to up my damage while doing combo’s kitten . something is clearly wrong with your game arenet.i love your idea of siege warfare WvWvW PLEASE FIX THIS GAME dont let it go to waste it could be so awesome

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

You made them too weak

You made them too hard

blah blah blah

Really constructive post man….
If this is really true, I´m sorry for you. The only conclusion is that you didn´t understand Ele´s mechanics at all…
Yes, Ranger is pretty hard opponent, but key-smashing player really cannot beat a decent Elementalist player.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Deslock.3568

Deslock.3568

Stopped leveling my Ele at level sixty-one and went to an alt, I’ll come back when the class is fixed, and I don’t just mean the bugs.

Same here , my Ele is 62 and i’m “happy” to use it like bank extension. It is the only usefull way that i found for the Ele now.

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

I think that Anet should implement one more question to character creating, between rase and class choice
“What difficulty will you chose?”
And the class selection should be based on the answer, if you know what I mean
This will guarantee much clearer forums imho

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Zonzai.2341

I believe it is possible that there are some people that really think that smacking the keys like a concert pianist just to stay alive is fun.
I believe that there are really some folks who think that their eles are doing “atomic damage”.
I also believe that those people are exceptions.
Elementalist is the coolest flashiest class in this game imo.
It’s also terribly mediocre.

Great post. I think that’s a good “bigger picture” perspective. They aren’t where they should be yet. When they are, I think they will be a great profession.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Suctum.6912

Suctum.6912

No problem where with my Elementalist. I find myself doing quite well when supported in groups. I do have a hard time 1v1 some classes, but then again, I put myself into a 1v1 situation in group PvP, which should not happen.

I see people mainly crying about 1v1. I have news for people. Elementalist is a group PvP class. Your built to support group play. If your 1v1 everyone you maybe need to pick a different class. Balance in a MMO should never be on 1v1 situation.

If your not doing well, you need to check 3 things.
1. Are you feating traits for abilities or for stats. If your doing it for the latter you are kittening yourself.
2. Do you actually have a rotation for situations are just spamming abilities? Just spamming your highest DPS casts while not bothering to debuff or CC anyone is usually a good way to contribute absolutely nothing to your team.
3. Are you using your AoE buffs/heals for yourself or your team? If your playing selfishly and not bothering to use any of the group utility which is inherit of the class your disregarding 50% of your role in PvP.

If your not for team play I do not think this is the class for you. If you enjoy doing good dps (not exteme) and like a kiting/supporting in PvP, this class is extemely fun.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I am happy with my Elementalist. She’s not invulnerable, and that’s not something you should ever expect, but she can put up a fight. She’s no pushover and that’s enough for me.

Also, I must say it was particulary satisfying when I duelled a warrior in WvW…and made him run away. Now that’s a rare feeling (and something I don’t expect to happen again soon).

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Buzzkill.9608

Buzzkill.9608

No problem where with my Elementalist. I find myself doing quite well when supported in groups. I do have a hard time 1v1 some classes, but then again, I put myself into a 1v1 situation in group PvP, which should not happen.

I see people mainly crying about 1v1. I have news for people. Elementalist is a group PvP class. Your built to support group play. If your 1v1 everyone you maybe need to pick a different class. Balance in a MMO should never be on 1v1 situation.

1. Are you feating traits for abilities or for stats. If your doing it for the latter you are kittening yourself.
2. Do you actually have a rotation for situations are just spamming abilities? Just spamming your highest DPS casts while not bothering to debuff or CC anyone is usually a good way to contribute absolutely nothing to your team.
3. Are you using your AoE buffs/heals for yourself or your team? If your playing selfishly and not bothering to use any of the group utility which is inherit of the class your disregarding 50% of your role in PvP.

If your not for team play I do not think this is the class for you. If you enjoy doing good dps (not exteme) and like a kiting/supporting in PvP, this class is extemely fun.

Find me a single quote from the developers of this game which states that Elementalist is a support class.
The vision set forth by the developers is clear. Any class can play any role.
That is stated by the developers over and over again.
“We want you to be able to play what you want, when you want and however you want to play. Any class can tank and any class can be a damage dealer”.
You have taken the broken limitations of this class and in your own imagination you have decided that because this class is currently only good for support it must therefore be a support class.
If Anet made an official announcement saying that they have decided that elementalists were going to serve a support role in the future the majority of players would drop this class like a bad habit.
Just because you found a way to make the class work for you does not mean it is functioning as intended.
Go here…..
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/videos/
and watch the combat video (3rd one down on the left hand side).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Suctum.6912

Suctum.6912

Find me a single quote from the developers of this game which states that Elementalist is a support class.
The vision set forth by the developers is clear. Any class can play any role.
That is stated by the developers over and over again.
“We want you to be able to play what you want, when you want and however you want to play. Any class can tank and any class can be a damage dealer”.
You have taken the broken limitations of this class and in your own imagination you have decided that because this class is currently only good for support it must therefore be a support class.
If Anet made an official announcement saying that they have decided that elementalists were going to serve a support role in the future the majority of players would drop this class like a bad habit.
Just because you found a way to make the class work for you does not mean it is functioning as intended.
Go here…..
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/videos/
and watch the combat video (3rd one down on the left hand side).

I never said the class was functioning as intended. I only said I realise the failings of the class and as a player ustilised the strenghts it does have to fit my playstyle. Did I expect the class to me more of a DD damage dealer? Sure, but it’s not. So as a PvPer, I make due with what I have. 4+ years of Age of Conan have hardened me to class inbalance, so I guess I don’t see what’s underpowered here. Like I said, at some point some other class will be OP and another will be fail. That’s the nature of MMO’s. I just stick with what i liek and make it work depsite the inbalance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Yes! Eles are the most interesting class for me to play hands down. I have 2lvl 80s (necro and ele) and I pretty much abandoned my necro and all my other characters once I created my ele, eles are so addictive! (But I do admit some traits/skills need to be reworked)

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sherman.4631

Sherman.4631

Ele in Wvw is awesome but in spvp you clearly have better chance with another class

We’re out of chicken

in Elementalist

Posted by: zzled.9125

zzled.9125

I’ve been enjoying my Ele a lot more since using daphoenix’s D/D build at L80.

But I think one problem with the class is that it’s too easy to make an underpowered build and/or a build that needs a skilled player to do okay. It’s not a “friendly” class in that way.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scary.8034

Scary.8034

I really love my elementalist, it’s really fun both in PvE and in PvP.

Yeah i rage sometimes about those bugged spells ( ride the lightning…. ) and about those kitten one shot backstab thief which i cannont see coming sometimes because they come from my back.

But overall I really think that Ele is not that bad.

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Have been really disappointed with Ele on the whole, compared to how Ele’s were in GW1.

That said, I do enjoy D/D a lot, but I think all our other weapons have critical flaws:

staff:

• it was a terrible idea to make 18/20 skills on it AOE (the ones that aren’t AOE, earth 1, water 1, are terrible single target damage anyway)
  • emphasis: staff needs at least 1-2 decent single target damage skills. the obvious candidates are air 1,2. air 1 for example you could double the damage of the first hit and halve the damage of the 3rd jump. it’s still AOE, but at least it doesn’t do laughable single target damage.

scepter:

• dragon’s tooth animation is too long, it’s ridiculously dodgeable to the point of uselessness. You need to burn a 40sec+ CD or devote a utility slot to immobilise just to have a chance at reliably landing the skill. WTF were they thinking.
downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatypusRex.3428

PlatypusRex.3428

Overall I am happy, particularly in PvE. PvP is more difficult; I was very frustrated at first, but I’m coming around. As long as all three of my utilities are cantrips, I can do pretty well.

I want my bugs fixed. Same mantra all over these forums: animations take too long, especially considering the damage output; some skills are just plain lame, not worth using, etc. Traits don’t play well with each other, or don’t encourage core mechanic of elemental attunement changes, blah blah.

That said, elementalist provides one very important element critical to a happy gamer: challenge. When I D/D I feel like I am fully engaged. If I get lazy or distracted, I could die. This is a good thing. Gameplay is fast, action-packed, and exciting. Especially as an Asuran I feel like love child of Emperor Palpatine and Yoda, flipping around everywhere and using lightning/etc.

I have 4 alts, all around the 20s. They are boring (Memser holds some promise). So, so boring. Made a ranger, deleted him. Guardian, I feel like I’m just phoning it in.

For me playing other classes is like being a rockstar and suddenly being demoted to playing a recorder with 2nd graders. Hideous.

Staff feels very slow / unwieldy to me. It’s fine if I want to support a group with fields, but overall D/D is where it’s at.

(edited by PlatypusRex.3428)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Yes, Ranger is pretty hard opponent, but key-smashing player really cannot beat a decent Elementalist player.

You couldn’t have said anything more false if you had tried.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bard.7215

Bard.7215

It’s even worse Conncept, as most Rangers re-roll warrior due to their displeasure with the class…

Sort of like building a sandcastle

(edited by Bard.7215)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

It’s like button-mashing in a fighting game. You might get one lucky win, then you get stomped.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

Well , first let me say im very happy with my ele , glad to have her.

But , i got 3 lvl 80 chars , guard/ele/necro.

On orr , which is the only place i compared them yet , i can say my ele solo is not as easy as my necro/guard.

Sure my ele can perform , but it is focusing , while my guard/necro can faceroll it.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Elementalist

Posted by: ildjarn.7321

ildjarn.7321

I’m happy with my elementalist but that doesn’t mean its balanced. I have played every other class as well and put really time and effort studying class mechanics on all professions and i can tell elementalists are currently slightly under powered what comes to SPvP.

Bunker elementalist seem to be only play style that can be usefull, but then again question is why elementalist and not guardian that can do same job but 1.5x better?

Or why dual dagger burts elementalist when you can have thief doing same stuff 2x better?

You can basicly think of any ele build and some other class does it better.

Näin on.

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Which part you´re thinking of as false? “Ranger is pretty hard opponent” or “key-smashing player cannot beat a decent Elementalist player”?

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

You made them too weak

You made them too hard

blah blah blah

Really constructive post man….
If this is really true, I´m sorry for you. The only conclusion is that you didn´t understand Ele´s mechanics at all…

Actually a well played ele is the best 1vs1 profession, best support and best roamer…exactly as Anet stated on their original website :" Ele is strong in 1vs1 and at assaulting point" , where the ele fall behind respect to other professions is in 1vs2 situations, where victory is less likely against 2 decent opponents.
Other than that i don’t see a good ele losing to a good ranger any day of the week, the versality of the ele is too much to handle for any profession on their own

in Elementalist

Posted by: kulugo.7549

kulugo.7549

I mostly played S/D when I was levelling to 80 thru PvE. Switched to Staff now that I am more oriented towards WvW and had to retrain traits. I was very happy levelling my ele and stopped dying by making sure I was equipped for my level at least every 10 levels. WvW is very different though. Although I get lots of kill credits for dropping MS now and then, but i really hate always getting downed and being picked on for being extra squishy. I am now wearing Pow/Vit/Toughness combo armors (not rich enough to get Pow/Vit/Toughness sets) and have 20 trait points in earth which gave me a small amount of survivability but I feel like I have sacrificed too much DPS because of it and am wondering if a respec is needed one again… Planning to run D/D as well when moving and switch to staff when attacking/defending structures.

I am happy with my Ele though I am currently levelling an alt. But I would be happier if Anet showers ele with some love!