Who is the best Elementalist?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kadence.7482

Kadence.7482

saw a similar post on the thief forums and was curious to see who people thought was currently the best Elementalist in the game. You probably have to separate the game modes up between Roaming/1v1 dueling and pvp

My picks would be:
Roaming: Conleav
Pvp: Your life insurance

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

This assumes everyone knows every Elementalist. And “Best” is probably open to interpretation. Even within the Elementalist profession you have different roles and attribute sets a player can use, so how are you defining best? Even then, you’re only speaking for the Elementalists you know of, so your pool is limited and answer is probably biased. So the answer is none.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

As an ele main since Beta, I’d like to add I’ve won every 1v1 ele fight & never lost a 1v1 ele fight. 1v1 being the key

I’ve never heard of those people you think to be the best

in Elementalist

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

I’m pretty sure it’s Aang

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

U win the thread mate.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

U win the thread mate.

+9000 on this. Aang ftw

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

U win the thread mate.

+9000 on this. Aang ftw

But now that we need him most, he’s gone.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

U win the thread mate.

+9000 on this. Aang ftw

It kinda hurst me in the feels since it’s a perfect metaphor for the ele community and lack of build diveristy in pvp.

Aang where are u? the 4 attunments need u to unite us and lead us into the mists.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

U win the thread mate.

+9000 on this. Aang ftw

It kinda hurst me in the feels since it’s a perfect metaphor for the ele community and lack of build diveristy in pvp.

Aang where are u? the 4 attunments need u to unite us and lead us into the mists.

The Fire Nation (OP warriors and out of control condi spam) have taken over and Aang (a decent dps build for elementalist) is nowhere to be found to bring balance. That’s how I see it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

Who is this aang people are speaking of?!

Also best ele? Me obviously! Pft. /sarcasm

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I dunno if best but at least you can back up your claims of being good at ele which is more than a lot of people on a lot of classes. Yes I know sarcasm and all but you’d be in the top 5% for WvW if not higher imo.

Also why no PvE category? I’d say Particular because he shows raccoons on his streams…oh and he’s actually pretty decent and experiments and stuff.

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

I dunno if best but at least you can back up your claims of being good at ele which is more than a lot of people on a lot of classes. Yes I know sarcasm and all but you’d be in the top 5% for WvW if not higher imo.

Also why no PvE category? I’d say Particular because he shows raccoons on his streams…oh and he’s actually pretty decent and experiments and stuff.

Thanks for the kind words man! theres defiantly a couple of Ele’s I’d say are better then me (even tho they have disagreed in the past).

I’ve tried Judging a topic like this one before, how I rank vs other known ele’s etc, but it isn’t possible. for one Ele vs Ele is in a really weird spot.

when it comes to D/D it’s very reliant on how each of you have your gear setup so you can’t really judge whose best by dueling. Unless the skill difference is insanely different Ofc. I’ve personally never lost to another D/D ele 1v1, but I have stalemated vs a few when they run a rather sustain orientated setup.

D/D vs S/F is so one sided that it isn’t even funny. S/F ele lacks the sustained damage to down a D/D ele, it’s to easy for D/D to recover from there burst. While a D/D ele can almost 2shot. If not can 2shot a S/F ele.

Then ofc there’s healbot ele. What can be said about that, endless fight.

and finally there’s D/D vs condition Elementalist. Condition ele’s are that tanky that I can’t down them, I’ve dueled some that never even dodge (looking at you broski! ;D) and just face tank all my damage. There’s basically nothing you can do to down these guys, you could land all your burst everytime and there able to heal up through it. I could stall this fight forever by kiting/waiting on my cleanse cd’s but I just get bored and end up letting myself die by going balls to the wall.

So then you look at it from who consistently wins more vs other proffesions. But if your both not dueling the same guy how do you know the skill level is the same. Not to mention some players are just naturally better vs some proffesions, for instance I suck pretty hard vs mesmers a lot of the time because I lack the personal focus in long fights where my opponents stealth a lot, I get bored and can no longer focus on my screen fully and all the flashy kitten! However I’d say I’m very good at fighting berserkers where as I know a lot of ele’s struggle with them. So if one ele can beat mesmers but can’t berserkers, is he better then me? No idea. This topic simply can’t be judged, there’s way to many variables!

I went off on abit of tangent here lmao. I’m just bored at work and figured I’d break this topic down abit from my perspective vs other good ele’s.

Stupid Seven [sM]

(edited by Noble.2670)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Vyxev and Ruyas are pretty good

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

lol sorry seven

Broski

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

lol sorry seven

Lol, it’s cool man. I don’t blame people for running what’s strong, especially With the balance being how it is in WvW. It only tilts me when people on clearly superior builds think there amazing and have a massive ego because of it (Back when I played Condi Mesmer I was one of those people) atleast your realistic about it lmao

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

lol sorry seven

Lol, it’s cool man. I don’t blame people for running what’s strong, especially With the balance being how it is in WvW. It only tilts me when people on clearly superior builds think there amazing and have a massive ego because of it (Back when I played Condi Mesmer I was one of those people) atleast your realistic about it lmao

Lost all respect for you now!

Joking aside it is annoying seeing people playing low risk high reward builds or even running high stealth uptime groups in WvW and thinking they’re good. The sad thing is that the disparity between what is low risk high reward and high risk high reward only went up since HoT.

Anyway for me the best ele isn’t someone who is unbeatable in WvW and PvP, it is someone who knows every last thing about ele, even the skills almost no-one uses, looking at you earth shield. They perform well in all game modes, PvP, WvW and PvE and can play multiple builds and weapon sets well, they may not win every fight but they won’t be a push over even on weapons/builds that are sub optimal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

Anyone who still plays a D/D build… You have to be the best if you want to survive.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

There are no such thing as the best ele or other classes lol. You are limited games mechanics in the build or the opponent you fight. Or the gears, the area of ring in wvw for example ruins, a camp, dueling region behind the windmill south camp or below south sentry. Sometimes fights will be open and that’s not an ele’s benefit to fight in those large open areas vs aka thieves or Trailblazer chronos since their first shatter can by pass your diamond skin or strip you of your boons per kitten.

Ele d/d is very limited many prof can play keep away with us like Warriors, thieves or Druids, Revs and many can reset buff and burst like chronos. Don’t even pick fights with very high level Reapers who have already stacked up their death shrouds and are gear to have multiple chains of boon corruptions.

You see in the game as you play longer it’s build vs build, condi vs power and prof vs prof. Ele doesn’t have insane dps or condi. We have damage over time via 2k, 3k -6k -8k damages that look cool in theory when you see that but a thief or war can dish that damage in a 2222 over 3 seconds or 1 hit with gs and that f1.

We don’t have any insta kitten builds like other profs and that clown scepter insta 18k – 24k spike only works on glass players scholar class profession with out any sort of block or damage reduction mechanic or a player not willing to dodge. It works way better in 2012-2013 pre crit damage nerf and power scale down.

It’s more important to say who picks the most optimal fight and walk away like a boss.
No streamer will ever pick a fight when their builds has like 30% chance beating their opponent lol or zero winning chance. Even the best wvw guilds or spvp players or solo duelers get goated in a fight they can’t win.

So this statement is fake.

Best to say who is a safer elementalist which fights on equal conditions in wvw. Cause if you roam solo on a weaker server, you’re gonna get kittened. Havoc teams hunting random pugs on map means you’re jacked. Havocs premade and on TS built with support, power dps, condi burst chains and cc damage self sustain survival will kitten pugs with builds design to wvw roam.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

I think in EU WvW the best elementalists are Seven, Gokil and me, in no particular order. What makes it even cooler is that we all play very different builds at a very high level.

I don’t think I’ve seen any other ele that’s caught my eye in WvW. This excludes zerging eles btw. Anyone can be good at that.

Broski

in Elementalist

Noble.2670

I think in EU WvW the best elementalists are Seven, Gokil and me, in no particular order. What makes it even cooler is that we all play very different builds at a very high level.

I don’t think I’ve seen any other ele that’s caught my eye in WvW. This excludes zerging eles btw. Anyone can be good at that.

And yet people try to say ele has no build diversity in WvW

Stupid Seven [sM]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

D/D core ele is fun there are many little modification i’d say like 4-6 variables. Tempest you can have like 12 where you like to core d/d, d/f or /w same with s/d, s/f or S/w or even staff hahaha. But the really solid builds that can dish out damage and survive multiple burst less than 6. LOL also fire is cover damage to creep with little dps and soft cc to hide weakness with air. But if you can’t core rotation d/d strong you won’t know My door is open to Euro roamers. Get on you core d/d in NA and come knock on my door. I can show you the ropes. Your glass build will melt unless you spend the entire fight running from me.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: K THEN.5162

K THEN.5162

No one can defeat my 4 conjure weapon glass staff ele roamer! Although every time I die it’s definitely due to lag or Anet servers inhibiting my true potential…not because I’m secretly elementally challenged

Elementally Challenged Asuran Roamer

in Elementalist

Posted by: ConnorHD.3842

ConnorHD.3842

HA SUCCESS! Didn’t even have to fish for it, easy money. Support me on Patreon I make new videos every never.

Conleav – Elementalist
[JDGE] – Gandara