Whoopin.2943

This is the build Ive been using and its devastating:

20 Fire
VI: Internal Fire = Deal 10% more damage while attuned to Fire
VIII: Conjurer = Conjured weapons have 10 more charges

10 Air
VI: Bolt to the Heart = Deal 20% more damage to foes with less than 25% health

20 Water
V: Cleansing Wave = Remove a condition from you and your allies when attuning to Water.
VII: Stop Drop and Roll = Dodge rolling removes burning and chilled

20 Arcane
III: Arcane Retribution = Gain Arcane Power at 75% health
IV: Final Shielding = Create an Arcane Shield when health reaches 25%

Chance to proc Arcane Power and Arcane Shield while being able to cast it anytime.
Use Fire Attunement for more damage and switch to Water to remove conditions, can dive roll outta Burning and Chilling.

3400+ damage Thunderclap crits. AoE damage and blinds - use both hammers then 60 sec cooldown is up for another round. Option to use Fire damage or Fiery Greatsword for more range.

Good questions, I whooped Orr with ease using this build since the both Arcane skills proc. I usually pull at least two mobs to maximize the charge usage. The only mobs that really give any trouble are those with channeled or quick hit skills or those immune to blind. But on Orr you can try pulling mobs with Fire attacks and position to group the mobs up while using the Arcane Shield to buy some time to make sure each target gets Thunderclapped. If Arcane Shield blocks an attack, you even evade the special abilities like knockdown, pull, blind, and fear.

The damage is so good that fights are over fast so theres isnt a lot of time receiving damage.

Didnt take Armor of Earth even though I got used to having it with my starting Fire+Condition damage build. But since youre never attuned to Earth and dont use Condition damage, it was hard to justify the points so I moved it elsewhere. Also since opponents are constantly Blinded I wouldnt get the mileage outta it or the extra toughness.

The stats are similar since I couldnt choose PvE jewelry but Im wearing equivalent Ruby Orichalcum Berserker trinkets which is similar, the build works really well with decent crit gear, I still have to acquire level 80 armor so I can slot all Ruby Orbs.

Using a Sigil of Bloodlust because it makes the big hits multiply even higher for maximum critical damage, the Sigil stacks persist when using the Hammer but only acquired with Staff kills that do tend to happen when running out of charges prior to picking up the spare Hammer.

The Water skills are gravy to help with removing conditions which is important if chilled, crippled, poisoned or bled. After switching to Water try to immediately switch to Lightning ASAP to get the Water attunement available again, then switch all the way back to Fire for the 10% damage.

Dont need lots of Precision due to having two Arcane Powers, try to always use it after the 2nd hit so its gets used for 2 Thunderclaps.

The reason for Hammer is because the 3rd hit AoE Blinds and has high burst damage which is greatly amplified by the critical hits, the bigger the damage the bigger the crit hit. Also Lightning Hammer has a 60 sec cooldown and Fiery Greatsword is 180 secs, only need to use the Elite skill when someone steals your spare Hammer or you need to keep more distance.

Give the build a try and never look back, its a whoopin.

Original Build Discussion

Best PvE template of any class in the entire game.

Attachments:

[TXG] Team X Gaming
Maguuma

Whoopin: Hammer Time

in Elementalist

Posted by: frodamn.3706

frodamn.3706

PvE is never hard. You can do all this with a smartly placed static field and lava font with Larger AoE attacks trait from arcana.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

I’m defenitly going to try this out, I’m norn and the fact that my ele can actually use a Hammer pretty awesome.
I used it before but wasn’t able to make decent build (i was low level). So i’ll give this a shot (maybe not today but when i’m little higher level).

My question is tho, how does this work in dungeons? Would it be more viable to use the “summon shield” abbility when doing dungeons?

Thanks anyways for this cool post

in Elementalist

Posted by: XodoK.8734

XodoK.8734

I would love to see some PvP footage of this

in Elementalist

Posted by: Whoopin.2943

Whoopin.2943

PvE is never hard. You can do all this with a smartly placed static field and lava font with Larger AoE attacks trait from arcana.

I never said PvE is hard, but using the best build in the game makes you farm gold and materials for WvW efficiently.

Youre either trolling or delusional stating that Lava Font can even compete with the DPS of a Berserker with a Lightning Hammer.

[TXG] Team X Gaming
Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: Arcane.4950

Arcane.4950

PvE builds are meaningless, you can use ANY combination of skills and kill npc’s totally fine.

in Elementalist

Posted by: vampiregoat.4763

vampiregoat.4763

call me confused but in each pic your attuned to fire but doing Air spells

in Elementalist

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

“I never said PvE is hard, but using the best build in the game makes you farm gold and materials for WvW efficiently.”

Farm Dynamic Events (mainly temples and defenses in Orr, but also dragons) with mf gear, using s/d and AoE utilities only to tag mobs for loot. Single best way to make gold and materials.
Also, as an s/d ele in mf gear and avoiding berserker’s items like plague, i usually aggro 5 mobs in Orr at once only to AoE them down in one cycle – if i feel like ‘regular farming’ that is. I can also totally ignore mobs on my way while gathering.

The problem with your build is that it’s too heavily focused around one skill, the hammer. I mean your traits. Go into explorable dungeons or into W3 with it and then report back; if it doesn’t really work well, it’s not worth speccing for those traits unless you feel like retraiting before each dungeon/W3 trip.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

I found out that respeccing to warrior or ranger tends to give an awesome ability to farm mobs.