Why do you play ele?

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

Why do you guys even bother playing ele… They are just so underpowered…, etc. QQ wow. I’m mad.

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Honestly? Because of fun. I love the play style of it.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Instant cast skills are amazingly amazing, and ele has the most.

Blowing up thieves in literally 0 time will never get old.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Because it was decent in Beta and then they started smacking us around with the nerf bat and I guess they never got tired of it? I play my ele because it is what I like to do, always play a mage… Unfortunately GW2 “mage” hits like a sissy. And if geared for max damage, do less damage than a thief / warrior and die in 1 hit.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

because their the most OP class in the game

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Why else do you pick a class and invest time and in it? Cause you enjoy punishing yourself? No you pick it cause you like it. If you don’t expect highs and lows on balance then your new to mmo’s. All 5 of my professions have received buffs and nerfs since gw2 came out but the buff and nerf train isn’t why I play a class I play it cause it’s interesting to me. Instead of I think it’s op I should roll one.

People that jump to the current strongest class make threads like this. Ele is my fav class and mine was my 4th 80 but my first character.

My warrior is my second favorite class and I played it when it was f-tier pre healing signet buff pre cleansing ire. My first 80 was Mesmer but it’s boring because the play is passive unless you go shatter and I been there done that.

I’m ranting but these threads pop up every time after a balance patch and the people that make them aren’t happy. People that are satisfied with their play or builds don’t make kitten threads like this. See state of elementalist thread also on first page which is a kitten thread.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

iBlasiannn.4279

Why else do you pick a class and invest time and in it? Cause you enjoy punishing yourself? No you pick it cause you like it. If you don’t expect highs and lows on balance then your new to mmo’s. All 5 of my professions have received buffs and nerfs since gw2 came out but the buff and nerf train isn’t why I play a class I play it cause it’s interesting to me. Instead of I think it’s op I should roll one.

People that jump to the current strongest class make threads like this. Ele is my fav class and mine was my 4th 80 but my first character.

My warrior is my second favorite class and I played it when it was f-tier pre healing signet buff pre cleansing ire. My first 80 was Mesmer but it’s boring because the play is passive unless you go shatter and I been there done that.

I’m ranting but these threads pop up every time after a balance patch and the people that make them aren’t happy. People that are satisfied with their play or builds don’t make kitten threads like this. See state of elementalist thread also on first page which is a kitten thread.

I’ve mained thief since near the beginning of the game, My ele was my third 80. I have 7 80’s now Necro being the only non-80. Out of all the classes I play as alts, ele is by far my favorite and it’s been my second most played character. So no, People that jump from to the strongest class don’t make threads like this. And yes, I am new to mmo’s. I just don’t get how Anet thinks ele is comparable to other classes in so many ways.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

are you that opp thief that tries to one hit ppl then run away?

Bad Elementalist

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

iBlasiannn.4279

are you that opp thief that tries to one hit ppl then run away?

No, I don’t run that glassy

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lucidity.5947

Lucidity.5947

staff eles are the god tier carry of organized wvw groups. blink static initiations, massive aoe dps (up to 10k meteors, 6k shatterstone, 3k lightning flash) and all the water fields your driver needs. you wont have fun if youre doing something else though, feb o.o ele sucks for roaming since the d/d godmode nerfs, theyre pretty much a liability in small ops. everyone knows to jump on the ele first. you have to roll with it for the moment though. the class is broken, its either too strong or outclassed. it wont be fixed until they do things like split EA up into each element tree, to actually allow build diversity. but, staff ele is definitely a huge part of a zerg busting guild. if you arent doing that, it wont be fun :/ I would suggest playing another class for now, since youre a roamer…even I wouldnt pick ele as a roamer right now.

[APeX] Lucidity
WvW&GvG Elementalist on Blackgate

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

staff eles are the god tier carry of organized wvw groups. blink static initiations, massive aoe dps (up to 10k meteors, 6k shatterstone, 3k lightning flash) and all the water fields your driver needs. you wont have fun if youre doing something else though, feb o.o ele sucks for roaming since the d/d godmode nerfs, theyre pretty much a liability in small ops. everyone knows to jump on the ele first. you have to roll with it for the moment though. the class is broken, its either too strong or outclassed. it wont be fixed until they do things like split EA up into each element tree, to actually allow build diversity. but, staff ele is definitely a huge part of a zerg busting guild. if you arent doing that, it wont be fun :/ I would suggest playing another class for now, since youre a roamer…even I wouldnt pick ele as a roamer right now.

Roaming D/D ele is excellent, assuming you’re going up against other roamers and not trying to solo a small party’s. Most days, we can’t do that anymore.

Overall, D/D ele is a decent roamer. Not the best, but not the worst either. A D/D in a small party or even with just a buddy is that much better.

For zerg play, staff is what you want to be in. Scepter isn’t terrible there either since you can jump in and out of the fray as a decent midliner.

Scepter has great burst potential and zerg play let’s you set it all up with little worry.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

Simply said, because the class has mechanics which you have to learn how to use. The same applies to the Engi also. The rest are just “take and pwn” type of class which I’m not interested in…

#ELEtism 4ever

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: yksdoris.2194

yksdoris.2194

Honestly? Because of fun. I love the play style of it.

this.

The ele is quick and versatile. Sure, survivability could be better but that’s what dodging is for.

#ELEtism
Yak’s Bend

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Estarioll.5781

Estarioll.5781

cos i have a soft spot in my heart for underdogs ^^

and because staff elly is very fun in WvW (except when skill lag hits)

Tipsy Dipsy, plank scrubber of The Bloody Pirates [YARR]
~Gandara~

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

“High skillfloor” class
Always loved the mage concept
Flashy spells
Mobile
Powerful in pvp
Versatile
Highest aoe damage burst in game (every spell is pretty much aoe)
Rewarding to play

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

D/D + evasive arcana is fun ._. that is the only reason….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

d\d is to much fun is simple

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I originally picked Ele for TPvP and used to have some insane fun with D/D back in the days of 20 second RTL’s and super-charged Resto Signet + heals.
But after the absolute BARRAGE of nerfs while all other classes slowly power-creeped upwards, we know where Ele stands today. I’ve been pushed to Engineer for all my TPvP fun.
Ele has a growing list of core issues/concerns that the Dec 10 patch completely failed to address, I ‘m getting the impression that ArenaNet simply don’t know what to do with the class. It’s frightening.

However Ele still remains one of the most amazing classes for PvE and certain WvW situations.
I think staff has the highest AoE damage in the game + permanent fire fields. S/D + Lightning Hammer is also arguably the highest single-target in the game, also very fast might-stacking. Hands-down one of the best classes for group play in PvE and WvW.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Primernova.5791

Primernova.5791

Started playing Ele because it was fast, fun and cleverly designed. I also always preferred to play a healer and Ele used to be very good at that.

Every patch just seems to erode that style of play though…

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

why do i play ele? well one day i was bored and decided to lvl an ele as my fourth character. i had to much fun lvling him, and when i got to lvl 80 he was already decked out in exos and ascended trinks. it’s really fun playing an ele. the play style is amazing and it’s a versatile class. i don’t know yet if i’m comfortable playing an ele in wvw but i’m really enjoying him in pve.

Embrace the darkness..

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

Masochism

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

don’t know honestly, they keep nerfing us while buffing other classes

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Seagloom.1263

Seagloom.1263

I’ve always gone for the mage-like class. It has the most versatile and engaging play in GW2 IMO. Even combat with staff feels like poetry in motion; what with all the attunement dancing, field tossing, and combos being triggered.

I’ve gone through stretches of fiddling with other professions only to feel bored before too long. I always end up playing ele again, nerfs be kitten ed.

On top of that ele is a light armor class. The fashionista in me appreciates some of the clothing options. XD

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I started playing after watching others play it. Dapheonix really sold me on it though.

Bad Elementalist

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

I don’t know but for some reason I’m always coming back to my Ele. I guess I jsut generally like it the most. Despite the fact I’ve tried to main some other class because of all the class balance changes that’s been done to Eles, I keep coming back to Ele anyway =/

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I loved the concept of the elementalist, but seeing as how Arenanet doesn’t seem to know what to do with the class or even what to do with balance, I don’t anymore. Thanks to their decisions and the recent patch, it made taking a break so much easier. I would rather play blade and soul cn with lag than deal with this.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alienmuppet.1942

Alienmuppet.1942

Ele is the most fun, but as I’ve said in another thread I’m finding it hard to ride out these bad times. I don’t want to abandon the ele I’ve had since day 1, but since this last patch upset me so much (I thought they’d finally sorted it out) – I am seriously considering it. I don’t want to “jump to the strongest class”, just a class where I stand a chance given my fairly good play skill.
I invested a lot in playing ele, not just time but also purchasing a mouse that would allow me to play far more effectively (many many buttons).
But no matter how fast and efficient I am at playing ele now, the “spam-1/2” classes can still just stand there and kill me, while I attune/dodge/move about like a crazed idiot and trying to cure my conditions while my health literally melts away.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

J Night.3468

you guys…. you realize you can just work on another build and change your playstyle a bit, right? anet moving a trait or two around isn’t the end of the world. if you really enjoy ele, you can do anything.

Embrace the darkness..

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

change your playstyle a bit

Just going to point this out, but some people play ele for the playstyle or a particular one. I’d be willing to bet it’s not an insignificant minority of people either.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

@J Night

I see that you haven’t yet dove into wvw/spvp so you may not understand some of our frustrations. The moving of traits did not hit pve as hard as it hit wvw and spvp. We CANT simply make a new build and continue you playing. It would be great if we could, but that is not possible in this current iteration of the game.

I’ve been playing the Ele since beta. I came to the game wanting to play a close-combat mage. From the previews, I thought mesmer would be closer to that, but I soon found that the execution didn’t match my preferred playstyle. D/D Ele was perfect for me (in the beginning), as I don’t like the archetype mage style of sitting back where it is safe (staff). I also do not like any of the skills on scepter.

And after a year of commitment to the Ele (being my only level 80 since I don’t enjoy the other professions), I’m stuck in a failing relationship. I’m not sure I even enjoy this game anymore.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Why do you guys even bother playing ele… They are just so underpowered…, etc. QQ wow. I’m mad.

Feb! First time seeing you on the forums. This is Heidia. I play Ele because as you have seen I defeat every single player, build and profession except a very skillful Mesmer that constantly stealths. I have an alt for each profession and I kept coming back to my Ele to the point this is the only class I play now… It is that awesome.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

J Night.3468

@J Night

I see that you haven’t yet dove into wvw/spvp so you may not understand some of our frustrations. The moving of traits did not hit pve as hard as it hit wvw and spvp. We CANT simply make a new build and continue you playing. It would be great if we could, but that is not possible in this current iteration of the game.

I’ve been playing the Ele since beta. I came to the game wanting to play a close-combat mage. From the previews, I thought mesmer would be closer to that, but I soon found that the execution didn’t match my preferred playstyle. D/D Ele was perfect for me (in the beginning), as I don’t like the archetype mage style of sitting back where it is safe (staff). I also do not like any of the skills on scepter.

And after a year of commitment to the Ele (being my only level 80 since I don’t enjoy the other professions), I’m stuck in a failing relationship. I’m not sure I even enjoy this game anymore.

sorry to hear that. and i’m sorry i was talking from a pve point of view. but i’m sure people can manage with a different wvw build, no?

Embrace the darkness..

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

This game is so incredibly dumbed down that playing anything other than the ele for an extended amount of time makes me want to smash my head into my desk.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

This game is so incredibly dumbed down that playing anything other than the ele for an extended amount of time makes me want to smash my head into my desk.

This sums up my feeling also

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: pheroth.5306

pheroth.5306

This sums up my feeling also

Agreed, I play engi as well

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

I like that I have to keep moving… even though my build’s endurance was crap, I could make up for it a little by swapping in air signet or attuning to air and gaining a speed burst (ty adept-level Elemental Attunement and Zephyr Speed), or using the air skills on my offhand dagger (4 skill: flyfly up close! some damage! ele: in ur face “OHAI!” five skill: BOP! flyfly far the hell away as the enemy deals with a knockdown interrupt). I know mainhand dagger has a movement-based fire skill, we’ve got RtL as a utility option… even under water with the trident, I’ve got a nice flow of hit up close and move back (water three skill ice wall for the win) then kite that is quite fun. I love jumping into the melee/problem spots to swap attunements for buff bursts to my comrades (one of my favorite things!) before jumping back out and doing some long range damage. That constant movement is like playing an instrument on my keyboard :3

I love playing burst+support. My usual play style for any game is jack of all trades, even though I know that usually holds back my DPS/survivability. Getting to help heal, even if it’s just a little bit, with offhand dagger’s cleansing wave is a favorite. I love each element feeling like a slightly different playstyle, putting down a combo field for my squad and breathing fire in people’s faces before fleeing away with air attunement, like a carnie hopped up on E. It’s just so much fun.

eta: +1 to the “anything else feels dumbed down” comment. I tried warrior and even guardian and I’m kind of just… meh on the whole thing. Not my style. Boyfriend, otoh, loooves his warrior for her perma-haste and easy play. I’m just… I can’t. Leveling my warrior alt is the ultimate chore tbh. Even my mesmer feels boring compared to ele.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

Because staff elementalist is the most thought-provoking play-style in this game. It’s an attrition class with wind-up spike DPS capabilities. It’s amazing for team-play and almost every weapon skill outside of auto-attacks requires premeditation, timing and aim. It has a lot of options for controlling opponents as well as supporting allies.

Staff elementalist is by far the best designed weapon skill set in this game.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

at this point, masochism

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

Because staff elementalist is the most thought-provoking play-style in this game. It’s an attrition class with wind-up spike DPS capabilities. It’s amazing for team-play and almost every weapon skill outside of auto-attacks requires premeditation, timing and aim. It has a lot of options for controlling opponents as well as supporting allies.

Staff elementalist is by far the best designed weapon skill set in this game.

Completely agree here.

Though staff feels like it was designed for a completely different game. Most other weapon sets feel very one dimensional, but are far stronger. I enjoy the class’s ability to switch gears on the fly, but dislike that that versatility is completely unnecessary in most areas of the game.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

I like playing ele because it’s very group oriented with the great might stacking capabilities (especially in groups with warriors who never heard of banners or fgj). in other games I used to play healer classes, since this isn’t an option here (I admit, I tried a knights warri with healing shouts at first until I understood the game better), buffing the group with useful boons is the next best thing.
but since the damage and utility is pretty lackluster, I only play him in AC, where ele still has some use with frostbow and fgs.
apart from that.. I just go mesmer, who has actually useful utility and versatility in dungeons. my ele is only superior in one regard, his caudacus robes look great (and wouldn’t fit the mesmer playstile anyway, imho)

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

because even underpowered it is still more interesting then some of the other classes.

#ELEtism

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

you guys…. you realize you can just work on another build and change your playstyle a bit, right? anet moving a trait or two around isn’t the end of the world. if you really enjoy ele, you can do anything.

I’m not bothered by the trait movement so much, but what really irritates me is the Arcane wave change, that was totally unwanted, uncalled for and it pretty much destroyed quite a lot of combos/playstyles. And I don’t even play D/D at the moment, but still can imagine the pain inflicted on those who have D/D as their favorite weapon set….

#ELEtism 4ever

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

The Reason why I play my Elementalist:

And that’s why I play it! =D

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Because if you /laugh /teabag people after killing them on other classes, you look like a doosh.

When an ele does it, all the enemy can say is “I can accept that.”

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

Because if you /laugh /teabag people after killing them on other classes, you look like a doosh.

When an ele does it, all the enemy can say is “I can accept that.”

No, that still makes you a doosh.

You also sound like a bigger doosh when you expect respect just because you play a different profession.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

J Night.3468

I’m not bothered by the trait movement so much, but what really irritates me is the Arcane wave change, that was totally unwanted, uncalled for and it pretty much destroyed quite a lot of combos/playstyles. And I don’t even play D/D at the moment, but still can imagine the pain inflicted on those who have D/D as their favorite weapon set….

i agree. even though i stopped using it a while ago, i’m still bothered by what they did too. they ruined the whole meaning of the skill. it even looks wrong when you use it now.

Embrace the darkness..

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lotus.9746

Lotus.9746

Because Ele is so good in duels.

[Ego] Sylvari Ele
Winter

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

iBlasiannn.4279

Didn’t expect this thread to really get much attention, but I do like seeing everyone’s current views/opinions on the class.
Thanks

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowfall.6543

Shadowfall.6543

I used to. Now I don’t.

I did not switch to another class, I just don’t log into guild wars anymore.

Maybe when they fix the class in a few years or release Guild Wars 3 I will come back.

Why do you play ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

because with a little extra button mashing ele beats every other class in the game!

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez