Why not PvP only?

Why not PvP only?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Munchkin.4137

Munchkin.4137

This patch made it apparent that Anet is all for adjusting skills for PvP only. I think this is a great thing to keep them separate, so you don’t screw with PvE when you are really just looking to adjust something in the PvP meta. So what confuses me, is why Evasive Arcana was adjusted the way it was. A few weeks ago, the devs stated they were looking at bunker builds because they were too good, Ele and Guardian in particular. This is why Evasive Arcana was nerfed, because staff Ele’s could bunker so well.

So my question is:
With all these PvP-only changes, why was Evasive Arcana nerfed outright? Why not “the blast finishers were removed for PvP only”?

Why not PvP only?

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

My thoughts exactly -_-

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Why not PvP only?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kuthos.9623

Kuthos.9623

What’s even more bizzarre is some of the changes are sPvP only. So if they plan on going forward in the future with changes that are sPvP only , that means they’re pretty much just giving up on balancing WvW (a lot of people do WvW and not sPvP).

Was really hoping that thieves rendering in WvW would be fixed, but alas still nothing.

Why not PvP only?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Munchkin.4137

Munchkin.4137

I don’t even play staff in PvP, I play D/D. But in dungeons, I love(d) staff. Very action packed. Actually fun to support with. I get why it may have needed to be adjusted in sPvP, but did it really need to be nerfed in PvE as well? Heck, I’d even be fine with a 10 second cooldown covering all attunements, instead of a 10 second cooldown for each attunement.

Edit: And yes, still no stealth rendering fix. I scoured the patch notes three times looking for this.

Why not PvP only?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Korath.7402

Korath.7402

I think it’s a bad move to give abilities spvp only effects, except perhaps in some extremely limited cases. It’s just going to make an (even more) giant imbalanced mess for them to sort through down the road.