Why the elementalist is so broken right now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

So up until a few months ago In WvW was playing a thief full time. I only ever had trouble with some warriors and PU mesmers. I ran 30/30/10/0/0 d/d spec, full zerker gear, ascended weapons, some ascended trinkets, exotic armour ,signets, and would hit for a shedload. I didn’t even run shadow shadowstep, just refuge.

If a fight wasn’t going my way 9/10 I could get out of there just using heartseeker spam to run. On my ease of kill list, longbow rangers were bottom, then elementalists (all types) then whatever. If you failed to see my opener, i would do a 16k+ combo to you, if you dodge my first opener, I could do a 12k+ combo to follow up, followed by 4k heartseekers. It was pretty ridiculous.

I switched to ele as honestly it just looked enjoyable to play.

After playing the ele for a bit now, the low hitpoints just arn’t made up for by the damage or utility.

This applies in all aspects of the game. No matter how good you are at predicting attacks you only have 2 dodges and a few short, long cooldown defensive skills.

Against other classes (such as thieves, who have similar hitpoints to you), they’ll be doing more damage (due to the fact their power is generally higher) at a greater rate. Their auto attack > your auto attack and spammable high damage skills.

Every class hits so godkitten ed hard, has so many gap closers or has so much condition damage flowing in I find myself in a constant state of defense, this combined with the fact i’m always first target, not because I can lay down extreme damage/cc, but because i’m low hp and will go down very fast if any utilities are down(which is alot, considering they’re on elite level cooldown timers….).

The knock on effect from nerfing eles in spvp due to the fact they could bunker well (not kill well, just avoid being killed for a long time), was to make them not be able to take damage that well, but they were still left with being fairly average damage dealers.
So the worst of both worlds now in effect.

If you’re going to make a ‘mage’ archetype, then it’s ‘low hp, cloth armour and high,fast ranged damage’.

Not ‘Low hp, cloth, slow ranged medium damage with cast times, and a few instant medium ranged spells’

I know this whole ‘holy trinity thing’, but really, can you see an ele filling the role of a guardian or warrior in a group? The trinity existed as soon as you gave different hp levels and armour values, but none of the power differences to compliment them.

TLDR: Elementalists need more health/better defence or higher damage values to compensate them as damage from other classes is more than comparable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaosky.5276

Chaosky.5276

I believe this is known as “preaching to the choir”.

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

I know buddy, but sometimes the frustration gets a bit too much and i needed a vent.

I’m just looking forward to the ‘Ele is fine, I kill ’x’ class all the time’ brigade.

It doesn’t matter how much you dodge, or anticipate moves. When one class does more damage than you and has abilities to take less damage than you, you’ll always lose if you’re equally skilled.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

The devs do not play this class. It’s obvious.

Every single anet dev you see in WvW or Eotm is a warrior.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

I’m playing ele both wvw and spvp and usually I do decently well in 1v1 or small gorup fights – on account that most players are bad. But there always will be a thief to jump you while you’re at 70+% hp and one shot you. Or warrior will face rush hit you with endure pain hit you twice with melee swing for 2k then suddenly one shot you.. Few days ago I ate 12k Evis from warrior in spvp – yes that more then ele base hp.
I also ate almost 8k point blank Rush followed by few Whirlwind Attacks each 3-4k(wvw), before that happened I managed to catch that 3 sec window of no stability on the warrior and comboed him for whole 9k dmg which came from 3 45 sec weapon cds, one 15 sec cd and 32 sec utility to ensure the 15 sec one hit- because by that time warrior already broke the stun and tried to move away. I say ele is balanced Kappa

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stogzlol.4795

Stogzlol.4795

Look guys, warriors are hard. Pressing f1 to do 12k damage gets tiring. Thief, also hard, their fingers get tired from spamming evades into back stabs and heart seekers. Ele is where they should be, a free kill to boost the egos of learning warriors and thieves.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ele can be good in sPvP and WvW roaming but they are not the best profession for that. They shine in PvE and WvW Zerg. Its ok, the Thief is good in sPvP and WvW roaming but bad in PvE and WvW Zerg. Every profession have its strength and weakness, they can all participate in every aspect of the game, but they don’t need to be all equally good in each part.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Elementalist

Posted by: shmoko.4839

shmoko.4839

We are only victims in wvw. Look around you when play in large groups, no elementalists left, no one play ele anymore.We are only few left to try to play that class. If im not in full PVT i cant survive. Atm GW2 is full with warriors, guardians, thieves, necros.
I try to find party for arah explore from more than 6 monts and i got middle finger only, because im staff ele, not zerker warrior or guardian. No future for that class if anet not change something about elemntalists

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

Its not the profession problem if you can’t play it. Elementalist is one of the best PvE profession right now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

Ele can be good in sPvP and WvW roaming but they are not the best profession for that. They shine in PvE and WvW Zerg. Its ok, the Thief is good in sPvP and WvW roaming but bad in PvE and WvW Zerg. Every profession have its strength and weakness, they can all participate in every aspect of the game, but they don’t need to be all equally good in each part.

Being good in pve doesn’t make up whats so ever for being barely viable in any kind of pvp.

in Elementalist

Thaddeus.4891

Being good in pve doesn’t make up whats so ever for being barely viable in any kind of pvp.

Like i said Ele are good in PvE and WvW Zerg, but not in sPvP or WvW roaming. Most profession have place where it shine and other where it don’t. But anyway, the guys was saying that he can’t survive except in PvT gear and that he can’t have a place in Arah because he’s a staff ele and not a warrior/guardian.

But It would be nice to have some change to help us in small PvP fight.

in Elementalist

Stogzlol.4795

There is no reason no class shouldn’t be viable in pvp and no reason ele should be pushed into support role in pvp when it’s a heavy damage class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fanta.8049

Fanta.8049

Lowest HP + armor with long CD for usefull skills is our problem.The curing conditions is weak for the condi meta ,too .We got 1 or 2 (or 3 at least) extra heal skills in water but just about 1k~ 1k5 heal when we dont have a real good main heal skill .That’s mean we need more time to healing than other classes .

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

It’s a difficult problem for ANet because the Ele can have an incredible amount of sustain. It’s the same reason a Guardian is at the bottom of the HP bucket with us.

Other games seem to do a better job delineating the roles. In other words you can build for DPS, but the game design ensures you’re horrible at sustain. You can build for sustain, but the game design ensures you’re horrible at DPS. This dichotomy doesn’t exist in GW2 for Ele.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Guess I must be doing something wrong then, because I can play my ele just fine.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

phaeris.7604

As predicted. It’s easy to follow a zerg with an ele. Every class is easy in a zerg and can do well.

But try small man or some 1v1 against decent players. See how well you do then.

Like I said, i’ve never lost against an ele on my thief.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

I would be more concerned if a thief lost 1vs1 against an ele of the same skill level.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Stogzlol.4795

Other games seem to do a better job delineating the roles. In other words you can build for DPS, but the game design ensures you’re horrible at sustain. You can build for sustain, but the game design ensures you’re horrible at DPS. This dichotomy doesn’t exist in GW2 for Ele.

I really wish Anet would get this right. Warriors being one of the serious issues. Thief with far too much evasion. I know there are other classes with issues, but I feel those are the two worst offenders. I’m tired of hearing thief justify everything by saying their squishy. I wish they’d try Ele…

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

As predicted. It’s easy to follow a zerg with an ele. Every class is easy in a zerg and can do well.

I’d say most professions are ok in zerg and can do well. Ele however, with their staff, can perform exceptionally well thanks to their superb combo fields. There are no other professions that combine raw damage with AoE crowd control as well as a staff ele. At least, not in the same build.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.