Will Arcana still reduce base attunement CD

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

After its changes? Or will it give a different stat instead?

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

As of November 6th:

“The following changes were done to reduce the necessity of putting points into the Arcane trait line.

The base cooldown of the attunement that you just left is now reduced from 16 seconds to 13 seconds. Attunement cooldown rate now increases by 1% per point in Arcane down from 2%. The end result is that now Attunements go from 13s to 10s instead of the old range of 16s to 10s.
Base global attunement cooldown is now 1.625 seconds. Global attunement cooldown rate now decreases by 1% per point in Arcane down from 2%. The end result is that now global attunement cooldown goes from 1.625 to 1.25 instead of the old range of 2.0 to 1.25."

Still reduces base attunement CD, just from 13 seconds to 10 seconds instead of 16 secs to 10 secs.

(The full post is sticked in general discussion)

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

I never understood the % reduction values.

30 in arcana right now apparently gives 60% attunement reduction, but if the base is 16 then wouldn’t that be over 8 seconds reduction total?

Apparently 10% = 1 second, only way it’d make sense.

Anyway, as someone with 20 in arcana, I assume that now I’ll have a 11 seconds attunement cooldown, down from 12?

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

30 in arcana right now apparently gives 60% attunement reduction, but if the base is 16 then wouldn’t that be over 8 seconds reduction total?

Anyway, as someone with 20 in arcana, I assume that now I’ll have a 11 seconds attunement cooldown, down from 12?

It’s +X% attunement recharge rate, not X% faster attunement cooldown.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

That is right, each point in arcana will be worth less. The patch is therefore a nerf to the arcana tree (and water, for some builds). But it may open up other options, and gives the opportunity to be less dependent on arcana to play with a reasonable attunement recharge rate.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

It’s +X% attunement recharge rate, not X% faster attunement cooldown.

I still don’t get it XD

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

The formula for attunement recharge time is:

base recharge time / ( 1 + attunement recharge rate) = attunement recharge time

Before the patch the base time was 16s and the recharge rate per point was 2%, after the patch we will have a base time of 13s and a recharge rate per point of 1%.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

I guess I’m just too dumb to get it. Recharge rate, recharge time, cooldown… are those even the same?

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

I guess I’m just too dumb to get it. Recharge rate, recharge time, cooldown… are those even the same?

Recharge time = Cooldown
Recharge rate = how many times the skill recharge in a period of time (for example one minute)

Clear now?

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

Recharge time = Cooldown
Recharge rate = how many times the skill recharge in a period of time (for example one minute)

Clear now?

Hm no the recharge rate is not this

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

So with 30 points in arcana, my attunement recharges 60% quicker over X (undefined) time?

Well, stupid tooltips are a trademark of anet I guess.

In any case, seeing how 60% shaves 6 seconds off the total cooldown, its safe to assume that 10% = 1 second, and post patch that will be reduced by half (30 arcana = 3 seconds total reduction)

Level 60 pvp

(edited by Razor.6392)

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

Recharge time = Cooldown

Clear now?

Hm no the recharge rate is not this

Yeah, it is m8

For example, with 20 points of arcana the recharge rate is 60(secs in minute)/16(base recharge) * 1.4 = 5.25
CD is 60(secs in minute) / 5.25 (recharge rate) = 11.4285……… secs

And the other mentioned calculation is 16 (base recharge) / 1.4 (recharge rate coefficient) = 11.4285….. secs

So just like that

Edit: Just for clarification -

Definition of Rate:
Rate is a ratio that compares two quantities of different units.
So it qualifies for the “amount of recharges in one minute” as I stated.

#ELEtism 4ever

(edited by STRanger.5120)

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

So with 30 points in arcana, my attunement recharges 60% quicker over X (undefined) time?

Well, stupid tooltips are a trademark of anet I guess.

In any case, seeing how 60% shaves 6 seconds off the total cooldown, its safe to assume that 10% = 1 second, and post patch that will be reduced by half (30 arcana = 3 seconds total reduction)

It’s not linear, that’s the problem. With more points in the arcana traitline, the efficiency of those points is lowering. E.G. first 10 points reduce the CD more than the second 10 points.

#ELEtism 4ever

in Elementalist

Zelyhn.8069

I didn’t get your message so I am going to explain in my own words what the attunement recharge rate is and you can tell me if we agree

The attunement recharge rate (expressed as a percentage) is how much more often will you attunement be recharged over any given period of time.

Pre-patch, with 30 in arcana you have a 60% recharge rate, so you have a 10s recharge time, while the base recharge time is 16s (0% recharge rate).
So for a given period of time, let’s say one minute, your attunement will be recharged:
- 0 in arcana → 60 / 16 = 3.75 times
- 30 in arcana → 60 / 10 = 6 times
How much more often will you attunement be recharged over this period of time with 30 in arcana? 6 / 3.75 = 1.6 that is 60% more.
So with 30 in arcana your attunement will be recharged 60% more often over any given period of time. This is the attunement recharge rate.

Of course this is just a virtual attribute: it does not mean that you will be able to swap to this attunement 60% more, due to other limitations such as the attunement swap cooldown.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

STRanger.5120

I didn’t get your message so I am going to explain in my own words what the attunement recharge rate is and you can tell me if we agree

The attunement recharge rate (expressed as a percentage) is how much more often will you attunement be recharged over any given period of time.

Pre-patch, with 30 in arcana you have a 60% recharge rate, so you have a 10s recharge time, while the base recharge time is 16s (0% recharge rate).
So for a given period of time, let’s say one minute, your attunement will be recharged:
- 0 in arcana -> 60 / 16 = 3.75 times
- 30 in arcana -> 60 / 10 = 6 times
How much more often will you attunement be recharged over this period of time with 30 in arcana? 6 / 3.75 = 1.6 that is 60% more.
So with 30 in arcana your attunement will be recharged 60% more often over any given period of time. This is the attunement recharge rate.

Of course this is just a virtual attribute: it does not mean that you will be able to swap to this attunement 60% more, due to other limitations such as the attunement swap cooldown.

Yeah, I agree on this of course, we just probably misunderstood each other when I expressed the recharge rate by a simple number, I also edited my post above for clarification.
So without arcana points, recharge rate = 3.75/min

10 points = 4.5/min
20 points = 5.25/min
30 points = 6/min

So we were both right, just a slight misunderstanding there

I think the percentage you mentioned is more of a coefficient than an actual rate, rate is always “something per something”, not percentage, that’s the definition

#ELEtism 4ever

(edited by STRanger.5120)

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

why would they word it like that? I didn’t even read because of how awfully complicated it sounded.

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

“The base cooldown of the attunement that you just left is now reduced from 16 seconds to 13 seconds. Attunement cooldown rate now increases by 1% per point in Arcane down from 2%. The end result is that now Attunements go from 13s to 10s instead of the old range of 16s to 10s.”

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview-Updated-Nov-6th/first

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

In other words for the 0/10/0/30/30 classic dnd build not much change but with the new healing changes, 30 arc is way more useful now

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

why would they word it like that? I didn’t even read because of how awfully complicated it sounded.

Base recharge rate is: Recharge at a rate of 1 second per second. 16/1 = 16 seconds total to recharge.

+60% recharge rate is: Recharge at a rate of 1.6 seconds per second. 16/1.6 = 10 seconds total to recharge.

With the new max recharge rate of +30% and the new base of 13 seconds:

New base recharge rate: 1 second per second. 13/1 = 13 seconds to recharge.

+30% recharge rate: 1.3 seconds per second. 13/1.3 = 10 seconds to recharge.

As for why ArenaNet do that: Who knows. It’d look better and make more sense to users if the profession stat line said “Attunement Recharge Time -X seconds” instead.