Will ele drop out of meta? Super bunker meta?

in Elementalist

Posted by: The Ace.9105

The Ace.9105

Elementalist:

• Blinding Ashes recharged increased from 5s to 8s.
  • Burning Fire no longer apply might when you use a cantrip.
  • Drake’s Breath – Burning duration decreased from 3s to 2.5s.
  • Ring of Fire – Applies 2 stacks of burning for 4s initially (this now applies if enemy is within radius of the ring, do not need to cross the ring). When enemy cross the ring threshold the fire stack they get has been changed from 3 stacks for 5s to 1 stack for 2 seconds.
  • Vigor trait for elementalist on crit will be normalized to other profession’s (going to 10s recharge with 5s duration instead of 5s recharge with 5s duration).

Elementalist loses 12 might stacks from their rotation (cantrips utility skills and your passive clensing fire).

So this basically means that ele damage is nerfed to almost the same as the earth attunement builds (and there is a reason d/d eles won’t run earth). With less survivability than you get from earth attunement. It’s hard enough to kill someone on 1v1 atm (shoutbow, necro, bunker guardian, thief and mesmer stealthplay and mesmer pu, soldier engi).

Also anet nerfed mist form so that you can’t use profession specific skills during mist form so that vampirism rune (for players suffering l2p issues and for no one to die during the game, overskill runes) will be available for tournaments.

Does this mean that the developers want this game to go towards more bunkerish meta and engi or warrior replacing ele again?

Engineer:

• Flamethrower getting a dmg increase on the autoattack.
  • Fragmentation Shot (Pistol), bleeding duration increased 2s to 3s, allowing you to stack more bleed.
  • Healing Turret (Cleansing Burst) going to be affected by your healing power and AMR. Will scale up properly. AMR would recharge your heal but your flip over skill (Cleansing Burst) wouldn’t be recharged. This bug has been fixed.
  • Magnet used to not pull a target to you if it was near the edge of the range. Now it will pull targets up to 1200 range properly.
  • Medical Dispersion Field trait – Reworked. There is now no internal cooldown and it is only triggered by your heals on yourself. The healing pulsed out to your allies has been increased by 20%.
  • Takedown Round trait – Increased the damage by 50% and now affected by Shrapnel (cripple/bleed)
  • Mortar Kit – Now affected by Explosive Powder.

Warrior:

• Rousing Resilience is getting a huge % buff (130% buff).
  • Last Stand recharge reduced from 90s to 40s. (WTF MORE PASSIVE IMMUNITY L2P NOOBS CARRIED 100% INSTA OVERSKILL ABILITY).
  • Rifle for warrior getting a damage buff.
  • Shield Bash/Shield Stance getting recharge reductions (20s for Shield Bash, 25s for Shield Stance). Shield Bash also getting an extended stun duration from 1s to 2s.

Discuss!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The funniest thing is that to sell us Tornado being a cantrip they told us tornado was getting the might on cantrips.

Now when you enter tornado you gain mostly vigor… for a skill that doesn’t permit you to dodge. Very good design right there.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

In other news, signet eles stick kicking kitten .

I do find the fire line nerfs a little too much and the ring of fire nerf was needed but it felt like anet went too far as well. Breath will be fine because with Balt/Legion runes u could still get very high burn times.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

The funniest thing is that to sell us Tornado being a cantrip they told us tornado was getting the might on cantrips.

Now when you enter tornado you gain mostly vigor… for a skill that doesn’t permit you to dodge. Very good design right there.

You can dodge … its how you actually chase people

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I think they could have reduced the might given by burning fire to 2 or even 1 stack but 0 is too harsh really.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I was hoping for the burn stacks of cleansing fire, to be brought down to 1 and then just a small change on the might application. With cele and and no burning damage modifiers other than 25might stacks that burning does 4k damage which is just a ton for an instant cast skill that also has a second one from a passive proc. Oh well the rest of the dd changes are fine, and that one isn’t bad, just I think it could have been better. Frostbow on the other hand got smiters booned, which is sad. The damage was crazy high against large hit boxes but against normal single targets, it was only a small dps increase over standard staff rotations which came with a high cost of a utility skill, and a high risk of long rooted cast time. They could have done something to keep the utility decent for something, such as healing and support which it was supposed to be in the first place.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Honestly, these are all pretty good changes:
- Reduction of burning was necessary, now D/D ele will have to win longer sustained fights (and maybe even get help).
- Might on cantrip hurts, but the trait is still good. I would like to see them change the “might on aura” trait to work with every aura for a potential aura build. Let’s be honest, that they thought anyone would actually run a “conjure aura” build is just hilarious.
- Vigor reduction is negligible. If you take ele. contingency or soothing disruption you will still have perma-vigor. Ever since vigor was nerfed, the boon isn’t even very good. 100% uptime is 1 dodge every 20s. I almost feel like arcane precision was better to begin with (as weakness if WAY stronger than vigor, just in a different way), now it is definitely true.
- I am PSYCHED for scepter buffs. I was already able to hold my own against most d/d eles. With the changes I think S/D will become superior. Ground-cast dragon’s tooth is awesome for more reliably blasting (no more asking your opponents to go stand in your fire field kindly), for greater area denial, and to counter stealth-resses without getting lucky with camera tricks. Greater damage on other skills has me salivating.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avador.8934

Avador.8934

Honestly, these are all pretty good changes:
- Reduction of burning was necessary, now D/D ele will have to win longer sustained fights (and maybe even get help).
- Might on cantrip hurts, but the trait is still good. I would like to see them change the “might on aura” trait to work with every aura for a potential aura build. Let’s be honest, that they thought anyone would actually run a “conjure aura” build is just hilarious.
- Vigor reduction is negligible. If you take ele. contingency or soothing disruption you will still have perma-vigor. Ever since vigor was nerfed, the boon isn’t even very good. 100% uptime is 1 dodge every 20s. I almost feel like arcane precision was better to begin with (as weakness if WAY stronger than vigor, just in a different way), now it is definitely true.
- I am PSYCHED for scepter buffs. I was already able to hold my own against most d/d eles. With the changes I think S/D will become superior. Ground-cast dragon’s tooth is awesome for more reliably blasting (no more asking your opponents to go stand in your fire field kindly), for greater area denial, and to counter stealth-resses without getting lucky with camera tricks. Greater damage on other skills has me salivating.

Yes, this. Exactly my thoughts.

I am lazy to write it over and over. So sorry for my English.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

Elementalist:

Also anet nerfed mist form so that you can’t use profession specific skills during mist form so that vampirism rune (for players suffering l2p issues and for no one to die during the game, overskill runes) will be available for tournaments.

Amazing pvp-ers like you who don’t suffer l2p issues shouldn’t have problems with players with l2p issues like me, right? Vampirism runes are simply one of the best options for certain builds. Deal with it.