Maint: Master Tuning Crystal

Traits:
Fire132
Arcane132
Earth211 or Air 211

Heal: Arcane Brilliance

Utilties: Glyph of Storms, Glyph of Elemental Power, Arcane Power

Ult: Fiery Greatsword

Rotation: Glyph of E Power > Focus 4 > Arcane Power > Dagger 3(through target) > Heal > Dagger 2 > Glyph of Storms > Ult > FGS2

All credit goes to WoodenPotatoes, just sharing on the forums because it’s a very fun build to use!

WoodenPotatoes' Sinister Burn Build PvE

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toyah.4902

Toyah.4902

Yeah, I did an ele around his build; it’s amazingly fun lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

My only problem with this build is it is major thief bait in tpvp, similar to how shatter mesmer was in the previous meta.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It is a very funny theme build. Incredible powerful in PvE.
But in PvP/WvW i consider it nearly a free kill. Shure if you stand still for three seconds you might be incinerated. Its some kind of glass cannon, that can be avoided/shaked off easier then the zerker thief. Its diffrent and not evryone can handle this “Surprise”.
I as ele have a hard counter. Dodge out of the firewall/circle using stop/doge/roll

in Elementalist

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

It is a very funny theme build. Incredible powerful in PvE.
But in PvP/WvW i consider it nearly a free kill. Shure if you stand still for three seconds you might be incinerated. Its some kind of glass cannon, that can be avoided/shaked off easier then the zerker thief. Its diffrent and not evryone can handle this “Surprise”.
I as ele have a hard counter. Dodge out of the firewall/circle using stop/doge/roll

Yeah I was probably using it for the wrong purpose, since the new patch I’ve been looking for new ele build xD

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Funny use:
Fire obsidian flesh, run straight in the WvW Zerg and fire all you have. Then die ….

I can hear the screeming …..

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

ah and maybe use the posion sigil. Because you swap bevor exploding. A bit of posion and healing reduction ^^.

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Sorry for multiple posts. Its jsut so funny to imagin. You say godby to your teammates, they lay down swiftness and invisibility, you run ahead, ….. Boooooooom. The last thing is your acane shield blowing up on your flamewall when your team charges the zerg :-).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

It looks fun but it doesn’t seem to be very viable outside of damage demonstrations and suicide missions. I just hope that such vids do not influence heavier nerf hammer slam than it should. I tested similar build with cele gear and it’s far more viable and sustainable.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

Well, he even said in the video that in terms of PVP and WvW content, that this particular build would not be well received by others and such. It was outlined quite plainly as he started to describe it. Yes, its a suicide build, and yes it blows everything up in PvE. Even in a dungeon scenario the build would suffer for a large portion of ele players due to a lack sustainability. That being said it is a fun build ( I swapped my condi ele to it only a few item replacements ) and I find it rather interesting to be able to destroy entire groups of veterans with a few keystokes. Interesting, YES! Is it a meta build? Solidly no.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

Yeah he says it’s pretty much a high damage build for PvE only, I will have to edit the title to put that out there.

It’s not super squishy if your used to running zerker. I can do World Bosses and dungeons with it quite well. Dungeons are “LOL” atm though because bosses are melting. I did do a fractal 28 with it among some guild mates as well, although it was much rougher and we do have a pretty good group.

You could put water trait line in for a bit more survival, he also said you could put in some Rabid I believe (It’s been a while since I watched it)