Would you swap your elite for a utility slot?

in Elementalist

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

I would for some builds! But then I definitely would on almost all other classes too. :P

Warrior – Banner
Necro – Plague, Lich Form
Mesmer – Time Warp, Mass Invis (depending on what you’re doing)
Guardian – All 3 are useful and commonly used in WvW
Thief – Dagger Storm, sometimes Thieves Guild if in smaller groups or roaming

Ranger I’m not familiar with, so I’m not sure how useful Entanglement or Rampage are in large-scale WvW. Not sure about engi’s elites either.

Other than these two, though, every other class has viable (and in every case except maybe Dagger Storm, highly asked for in zerg play) elites for WvW. If you think these are useless and not worth slotting like Tornado and FGS will be, you’re doing something wrong. You really can’t compare the lack of viability of what an elementalist’s elites will become to the viability of other class’ elites.

There literally will be no reason to take any elite for large-scale WvW after these nerfs.

Warrior Banner lost it’s “unintended purpose” as well, and is now useless. There is a reason everyone runs with Signet or Rage, but even that is only mapped and is now never used, since Adrenaline is burnt out faster than a matched fart.

Plague Form is only good for Blind/Chill spam in team fights, and functions pretty much the same as the Tornado Elite. Complaining about one while praising the merits of the other is just silly. Lich Form is only good with Power Necros.

Thief Dagger Storm is bad with anything but a Condition build thief. Don’t event pretend it isn’t.

All in all, don’t act like Eles are the only class in the game with crappy Elite picks. If you do think that way, you need to try rolling another class some time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Plague is insanely better than tornado. How dare you saying there equal ? XD

Banner is still used a lot … probably too much, today all the raid we faced used at least 5banner on their downed player! Ok you cant rez lord anymore, but its the same with every rez skill

Thief dagger storm is a pretty good spell. I just saw a thief using it to reflect a 4 warrior sword …

And finnaly:
You’re only trying to show that every class have at least ONE bad elite (and you overffail it) but you’re not showing that they all have ONLY bad elite, which is very different.
ELE has only bad elite! and is the only class to.

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Warrior banner is still used in guild raids, zerg fights and GvGs, bannering dead NPCs was only a fraction of it’s use.

And yes Plague>Tornado. Everyday all day.

I would like to swap out an elite for a utility but since the patch, my lowbies on my alt account have to wait til level 40 instead of 30 before I can even get one so yay!

Whispers with meat.

in Elementalist

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Warrior Banner lost it’s “unintended purpose” as well, and is now useless. There is a reason everyone runs with Signet or Rage, but even that is only mapped and is now never used, since Adrenaline is burnt out faster than a matched fart.

Plague Form is only good for Blind/Chill spam in team fights, and functions pretty much the same as the Tornado Elite. Complaining about one while praising the merits of the other is just silly. Lich Form is only good with Power Necros.

Thief Dagger Storm is bad with anything but a Condition build thief. Don’t event pretend it isn’t.

All in all, don’t act like Eles are the only class in the game with crappy Elite picks. If you do think that way, you need to try rolling another class some time.

Lol, check the date of my post. That was two weeks before the patch. No one knew they were nerfing Banner back then. I will admit that since warrior is one of the two classes I have no interest in playing, I don’t know which elites are still useful and which aren’t for them. But as for the others…

Plague is a hell of a lot more useful than Tornado. Plague increases toughness. Tornado does not. Plague isn’t a massive “kill me” sign in WvW like Tornado is, because it’s not very noticeable. The blind spam in WvW is extremely helpful – Tornado would serve the same purpose if it increased toughness, but it does not, so it is useless for one of the squishiest classes in the game.

Dagger Storm is useful for the reflect in certain situations, and it’s very useful for capping camps, even with a power build. It has even more use now with the ranger buffs. Use it on one when they unload their arrows on you and watch them cry.

Eles are actually in a worse position post-patch than we thought they’d be. Glyph of Elementals at least looked promising for PvErs, but it’s completely broken and unusable. There is not a single viable elite for WvW now in any situation for elementalists.

(On the other hand, if you’re an asuran ele, congrats on your easy oneshots until the hotfix.)

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lyrsen.6702

Lyrsen.6702

YES! seriously yes do this. Elites for ele’s in this game compared to Guild Wars one are crap, let’s look at some:

Unsteady Ground

I can imagine this as a knockdown skill that will continually knock people down in the targeted area for 5 seconds. (would combo very well with Lightning Rod and Static Field)

Shockwave

The closer you are the more damage the skill does, I can see this giving cripple and weakness as well. Would work well with a D/x or S/x close up in your face build.

Shatterstone

Kind of like the Engineers Timed Charge only chill rather than burning and AoE, probably a mid range cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Plague is a hell of a lot more useful than Tornado. Plague increases toughness. Tornado does not. Plague isn’t a massive “kill me” sign in WvW like Tornado is, because it’s not very noticeable. The blind spam in WvW is extremely helpful – Tornado would serve the same purpose if it increased toughness, but it does not, so it is useless for one of the squishiest classes in the game.

No, even with increased thoughness it would still be weaker just because blind pulse of tornado is every 3sec where plague pulse are every 1sec (and also apply 1or 2 other condition … well tornado also bump every 3sec so lets say its even for this).

By the way, does somone know what the hell is doing the 3rd skill of tornado ? O_o
I tryed many things with tornado and i now know how it work perfectly … and it seems that the 3rd does nothing XD

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zzero.4316

Zzero.4316

i would gladly take the glyph rez as an elite over glyph of elementals, or and other elite now in everything besides pve i guesss

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

arcane echo would be a good one, (after using it your next spell will replace arcane echo for 30 seconds)