Wouldn't it be cool if we had GS?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Watching that Champ Risen Wizard swinging his Twilight/Eternity makes me really envious. I wonder if we’ll ever get it… meaning Conjures would get replaced by something else…

When they decide to add new weapons do you think they would skip weapons that we have as Conjures and don’t bother untill they get out of options? Or is there a possibility we might get it despite the Conjures?

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

There’s the problem of conjures also being available as weapon skins. That might be something for Anet to decide to go for the other weapon types first.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

As elementalists are a no-swap profession, their number of available weapons is much smaller.

Conjured weapons being available as weapons is not a reason against greatswords, since they can be picked by party members, and they have effect icons. So when a warrior with a Volcanus picks a fiery greatsword, the only way to know if they have it is the effect icon.

Still, elementalists are the less ‘martial’ of all professions. All of their current weapons are caster weapons, they only have martial weapons as conjures.

Because of their theme of using elements rather than hitting with the weapon, it’ll be better for them to get more simple and caster weapons, and less martial-looking weapons that require finesse in general, keeping the martial weaponry as conjured weapons.

For them, weapons are to channel the elements, not to hit directly. And to hit directly with a weapon, they make the weapons out of elements instead.

For example, if you wanted to give them a 1-handed sword, it may be better to give them a skill like “Conjure Arcane Sword”,or give them something that they use as a sword with their powers instead, like a main hand torch, so when they swing it, the flames create an elemental blade, as if the torch was the handle of a fiery lightsaber, and the attunements change the blade by affecting the flames between a fiery blade, an icy flame blade, a charged plasma blade and an obsidian flame blade.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ScaryHydra.3165

ScaryHydra.3165

I could get behind that torch idea

FC [KI] Killer Instincts
LV80 ELE Brutanitus
LV80 Ranger ScaryHydra

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

Charr and Norn Elementalists would totally fit “martial fight style” with greatswords.
Flame legion Charrs already use fire greatswords and Sons of Svanirs have greatswords with ice attacks. Aetherblades have electrical greatswords on some Charrs and Norns.

Also, greatswords are the best looking weapon in the game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Mesmers use great swords and no slashing is involved. I see no reason why an Ele couldn’t do the same. I’d definitely love to get some more options for weapons and builds! Admittedly I’ve wished Ele’s could have great swords since day one.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Every class should have greatswords! Lol. But I would love the option.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Logos.1306

Logos.1306

how about a main hand shild?

with support tanky skills?

So we could have shild/focus or shild/dagger

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

Dual swords – there is no conjures so…

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Doctor Orderly MD PhD DDS.7625

Why would you want boring regular GS when you have a Fiery GS
But yeah for all practical purposes ele would have to get a weapon which currently isnt a conjure skill.
So torch and maybe sword(s). Or dual focus, yo.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Elementalsits must simply get offhand scepter.

That is a must. I’d love main hand torches, but offhand scepters must simply happen eventually.

As for dual focus, I think that’ll suit better necromancers. Going around with a couple of jujus scaring kids and stuff.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Id like more a 1h sword.
we have the FGS already, but no 1h swords yet.

We could have a 1h sword with all 5 skills (for each att) like the thief one with or without the option for a offhand…

But 1h swords on eles would be great.

more on that:
daggers is dmg and mobility
scepter is burst and condtions (blinds, burns, bleeds, vuln)
focus is defense and control.

sword could be a option for defense and counter attacks, having multiple blocks-rippose skills and reflection… more duelist style.

(edited by lLobo.7960)