[WvW] Blue's 1v1 against Condimesmer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Very tough fight against a condi mesmer, thought I’d record it and put it up.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

in Elementalist

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Nice fight. Good thing he never interrupted your ether renewal =)

in Elementalist

Resouled.5614

Thanks! Yeah glad that ge didn’t have too many ranged interrupts. Without ether I’d have no chance. Look at the conditions he puts out, just rediculous.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Thanks! Yeah glad that ge didn’t have too many ranged interrupts. Without ether I’d have no chance. Look at the conditions he puts out, just rediculous.

He isn’t really putting out alot of conditions the whole build is based around your opponent killing your clones. If you don’t kill his clones he shouldn’t be able to kill you which is hard for d/d because of all the pbaoe. It’s 20/20/30/0/0 spec you can read up on it in the mesmer forums it’s called blackwater.

Looking at the video he has clones cripple when they kill but doesn’t have random condition on death trait which would have definitely killed you in that fight. You can just walk away from the build tbh. If you don’t kill his clones then the condi threats are his staff clones random conditions, the bleeds he does on crit, his confusion and his block with torment that you ate alot in that fight.

It’s a good 1vX spec assuming that people actually kill the clones.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Orikx.9671

Orikx.9671

He isn’t really putting out alot of conditions the whole build is based around your opponent killing your clones. If you don’t kill his clones he shouldn’t be able to kill you which is hard for d/d because of all the pbaoe. It’s 20/20/30/0/0 spec you can read up on it in the mesmer forums it’s called blackwater.

The conditions also come from staff and the staff clones with their bouncing attacks. If you don’t kill the clones you will get conditions also. It’s not designed to be a ton of conditions fast. It’s designed to be kind of a bunker build with slow consistent dmg. A lot of the dmg comes from confusion though so you have to be careful of not killing yourself.

Edit: I should note I can’t watch the video so I am just going on the idea behind the Blackwater build.

Orikx
Sanctum of Rall

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

Yea it is the black water build. I have the part about staff clones in my post. I usually just troll that build I find mesmers seem to get more annoyed when you just keep walking away nonchalantly wiping all their conditions as you go on your merry way. Then as they try to chase you down they are spamming slow attacking staff clones lol.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Resouled.5614

I’m not really familiar with the current mesmer builds but the amount of confusion this guy kept stacking was pretty insane. But yeah.. perplexity runes huh.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I’m not really familiar with the current mesmer builds but the amount of confusion this guy kept stacking was pretty insane. But yeah.. perplexity runes huh.

Reason I go 20 in earth now. 30 in trickery s/x thieves, headshot spam, mace warriors, fear necros, daze engi’s. mesmers. The rock solid trait is really a life saver against most classes.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Resouled.5614

Yeah I might give that a try sometime too.. Will lose some cleanses tho..

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Yeah I might give that a try sometime too.. Will lose some cleanses tho..

With rock solid you won’t need AoE so then you could take CF instead.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimface.3807

Grimface.3807

This is awesome! What’s the name of the song?!

in Elementalist

Resouled.5614

This is awesome! What’s the name of the song?!

Ah kitten, forgot to add. It is hilltop hoods – speaking in tongues.

in Elementalist

Resouled.5614

While I’d see why I could drop AoE I don’t like the fact that I’ll have only one true stunbreaker which is mistform. But I’ll give it a try and see what happends.