WvW D/D ele

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I’ll do a bit on the WvW D/D ele we all know and love.

Arcana:

- The vigor nerf hurts us slightly more than average(cause evasive arcana). Renewing stamina is still best in slot for the adept tier, but I’d advise everyone to get yourself an energy sigil if you don’t have one already.

- The master tier is a bit of a wasteland now that elemental attunement is a minor (kitten yeah). Both final shielding and elemental contingency seem to be looking equally strong. Which will become the preferred choice will probably depend on the prominence of boonrip and the overall threat a thief poses.

- Evasive arcana>bountiful power, make no mistake

Water:

- Soothing mist radius nerf is quite a big hit to ele in small teams. Especially since we lose lingering attunements as well, which drastically cuts the uptime of this buff on allies allround.
- Soothing ice is really kitten strong. It’s a bit of a shame we lose some cleanse now that the icd is up to 20s, but frost aura more than makes up for that.

- Soothing disruption seems like the obvious pick in the master tier. Whether the regen and vigor will be applied at the start or at the end of ether renewal, and whether it will be applied at all if the skill is canceled/interrupted will make a huge difference. If at end+not when cancelled, signet will still dominate. If at start, ER looks to take over.

- Soothing power is interesting, but gets outperformed by both other excellent grandmasters in solo or group play.

Here it gets interesting. All three other lines seem to offer some serious value. I’m currently leaning towards air for general purpose, but both others are worth glossing over.

Air:

- Zephyr’s boon is the obvious choice in adept slot

- While tempest defense + lightning rod looks very alluring, I think aeromancer’s alacrity will be the better choice here. 17s shocking, 13/27s rtl, 27s updraft are hugely impactful. Since the damage boost from tempest defense doesn’t work on updraft, even moreso.

- The grandmaster is a tough one. Lightning rod seems to be the winner. The weakness will be even more impactful now that vigor is nerfed, and the damage is very respectable.

Earth:

- Elemental shielding+soothing ice is amazing

- Geomancer’s training + – condi food + hoelbrak is snare immunity. The cdr part isn’t really that important though.

- Diamond skin looks like the best choice in gm. The fact that you have very good upfront mitigation with frost aura+protection(+geomancer’s defense) means you’ll have little trouble popping back above 90%. Too many people view this as a trait you are meant to constantly maintain. It’s more of a trait that filters out a good percentage of condis here and there, so your cleanses go a longer way.

Fire:

- Burning fire is amazing

- Pyromancer’s training is hard to judge. In theory it sounds amazing, but in practice it changes your rotation quite a bit. You’ll be in fire for a very short time, so you can be back in time to catch the 10s recharge of burning speed and ring of fire. This might hurt your overall pace. Burning speed also no longer aligns with every lightning flash, making its dramatically lower cooldown not as big a deal as it could be.

- Fire gms aren’t great. If you have a respectable amount of condition damage, persisting flames is best in slot, since ring of fire now inflicts 3(!) stacks when crossed. Meaning a moment’s negligence might cost an enemy 6-9 stacks of burning.

Yes, all other classes are getting buffed, so situationally we’re not that much better off if at all. However we were utter gods in WvW up to this point, winning 90% of 1v1s and going 2v1 with unparallelled ease. We have plenty leeway for some other classes to catch up.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

(edited by Gokil.2543)

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valin.6873

Valin.6873

Very cool.. and interesting.. any new build u recommend to run as a major WvW D/D ele? Which traits are u thinking is best? Any builds? Would love to know. Thank you!

<Dagger/Dagger Elementalist> <Gates of Madness>

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanAlcedo.3281

DanAlcedo.3281

I play WvW DD ele for a long time now. In Melee Partys. Aura Share.
It´s very powerfull and now with the new patch and things like perma frost aura and fury for the group.

Now that Warrior is dead in WvW we have space for DD Aura Share ele.

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Wait, how did they nerf renewing stamina?

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

Idk as well.. but any ideas what’s the best thing to run in arcana and water or the third one when running knights or celestial armour and roaming around or zerging in wvw for D/D?

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Very cool.. and interesting.. any new build u recommend to run as a major WvW D/D ele? Which traits are u thinking is best? Any builds? Would love to know. Thank you!

I’m thinking Air/Water/Arcane at the moment. Going zephyr’s boon + aeromancer’s alacrity + lightning rod, soothing ice + soothing disruption + cleansing water, renewing stamina + final shielding + evasive arcana.

If the roaming landscape becomes substantially more dangerous, and the amount of defense we currently use just doesn’t cut it anymore (because of crazy powerful condi burst/boonrip/…), we’ll have to go earth/water/arcana. With elemental shielding/geomancer’s freedom/diamond skin.

They nerfed vigor to grant 50% increased endurance regen, rather than 100%

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

I’m thinking Air/Water/Arcane at the moment. Going zephyr’s boon + aeromancer’s alacrity + lightning rod, soothing ice + soothing disruption + cleansing water, renewing stamina + final shielding + evasive arcana.

If the roaming landscape becomes substantially more dangerous, and the amount of defense we currently use just doesn’t cut it anymore (because of crazy powerful condi burst/boonrip/…), we’ll have to go earth/water/arcana. With elemental shielding/geomancer’s freedom/diamond skin.

They nerfed vigor to grant 50% increased endurance regen, rather than 100%

Nice and I’m guessing celestial or knights gear would be best? Which trinkets u think as well? I’m guessing you’d need some healing with knights gear as we lost the stats from putting points into masteries etc..

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

In zerg, DD ele (and ele in general) is not viable in MT since rock solid over-nerf. It already was not popular due to the ridiculous radius, but without stability, ele provide NOTHING over a guard (stab) and a warrior (dispell) (both provide more obviously, but if it has to be summed up, that’s it ^^).

By the way, warrior got buffed @DanAlcedo

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Valin.6873

Depends on your group.. for my guild I run d/d and use interrupts to stop there eles from dropping heals and knocking them down when they stack up to do anything.. so its usefull.. still wonder what armour and trinkets are best atm with knights or celestial gear of that’s still gonna be good to use.. I’m thinking of running arcana, water, and fire maybe switch fire with earth sometimes. Fire is still great power..

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I think there going to be 2-3 camps for d/d ele the aura build the persisting flames build and the all in fresh air glass build.
For aura build the stander build may be the best air water ar now that powerful aura is all auras you put on your self so you will be able to put out more aura so a more support build.
Persisting flames d/d build fire water ar is more about being able to support though fury only but you will be harder to pin down due to freeing up GM in water from powerful aura.
The last d/d build is going to be on the lines of air and any other 2 this build is more about having fresh air having no cd on crit so you can swap back to air when you want to we may see a fire air ar ele where you run the boon GM in ar the true all in dmg build.
I think d/f even has a places now in wvw more so then it use to be becuse aura are not as important any more for ele to support there team or them self.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

I’m thinking fire/water/earth could be a good option too.

burning precision + power overwhelming + persisting flames
soothing ice + soothing dirsruption + cleansing water
elemental shielding + strenght of stone + stone heart

Perma fury with persisting flames, tons of protection with elemental shielding (aura on fire atune, aura on crit taken, and d/d auras), good condi pressure with burns and bleeds

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Perma fury with persisting flames, tons of protection with elemental shielding (aura on fire atune, aura on crit taken, and d/d auras), good condi pressure with burns and bleeds

I seriously doubt any d/d ele can go without water, it’s just not possible.

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Especially with the condi spamm powercreep made to engi. If you ever 1V1 this in roaming, you’re dead

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

I seriously doubt any d/d ele can go without water, it’s just not possible.

Do you mean arcana? If so, I don’t think so. Vigor has been nerfed and you can get perma fury in fire…
If you really mean water, read again. I said Fire/water/earth. Even put the cleansing water traits listed…
Although you can probably change the cleansing traits for healing ones and slot ER for cleanse.

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

That not too bad but your losing a lot with no boon duration even if you have 2 more auras that you did not have before.

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

That not too bad but your losing a lot with no boon duration even if you have 2 more auras that you did not have before.

Once they remove stats gained from trait lines you wont be getting the same boon duration anyway. 10% is not a deal breaker. I am on board with Aura Share Ele with combinations excluding Arcana. Hope tempest is something that we will enjoy!!! I personally have my eye on Fire/Air/Water. Although Earth also looks pretty great

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

Once they remove stats gained from trait lines you wont be getting the same boon duration anyway. 10% is not a deal breaker. I am on board with Aura Share Ele with combinations excluding Arcana. Hope tempest is something that we will enjoy!!! I personally have my eye on Fire/Air/Water. Although Earth also looks pretty great

I hope celestial gets some boom and condi duration, since it will get a nerf on other stats…
But it might be that we will have to get back to boom duration runes…

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

See i think fire air water is better going after fury from priesting flames then auras you may be better off running super speed on air swap or even getting 7% of your prec to frositly may work out better. I am not saying auras are bad in them self but the added boons you get from them as an ele seems to be lacking.

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I’m thinking Fire/Water/Arcana for blind spam or Earth/Water/Arcana to faceroll condition specs

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

WvW D/D ele

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

I’m thinking Fire/Water/Arcana for blind spam or Earth/Water/Arcana to faceroll condition specs

Blind seems nice but i still think peram fury for d/d ele is key for the build it lets you build a bit more tankly with out giving up too much dmg. That and with the new condtion dmg changes blasting fires for d/d ele going to be more important then ever befor so why not get the most out of it.

I am not sure if you need to build into condition other then in gear to build an condition dmg ele after the update so fire air water may be a condtion dmg build if you want. We may see Condtion power vit armor become a thing for ele soon.