WvW Healer?

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wrath.7801

Wrath.7801

Would it be possible to become a zerg healer? If I went full healer with Cleric’s gear with aoe condition removal aoe healing and some decent cc with the earth spells from the staff?

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Sure you can, I only play healer in zerg fight and I love it.

I run this build when zerging :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhEmKbzx3QlDAEFu8yQhGjUeszM2A-jECBoNA03AZRFRjt8qIasKdAqHYKVLq2loIa1SBgsyI-w

I use this build for small team roaming/zerging and after some practice its very viable, the HP is the problem in zerg fight, so you need to be 100% focused in every fight, but with applied fortitude it gets better.

How I play it :

Always near the commander on the front line, waterfields when the commander calls for it or when you see people with low hp ( always save 1 for when the commander needs it ).

You can also bring Arcane brillance if you have someone who clean condition on your party for extra blasts :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWnEEVZYzB+GQlYAgowlXGK0YkyjYmxGA-jECBoNA03AZRFRjt8qIasKdAqHYKVLq2loIa1SBgsyI-w

I like to play the second one only with organized groups, and when I do I usually bring my water wings to help me stay afloat

A nice combo for fast recovery your group is : Healing rain —> F4 + dodge into the water field —> Arcane brilliance —> Arcane wave, and if you need something stronger and the zerg doesn’t move for the next 3 seconds you can go with Eruption —> F2 + Geyser ( eruption takes 3 second to blast )

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Wrath.7801

Thanks

Not level 80 yet but when I hit it I’ll certainty give this build a go

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i recently switched to cleric
anything in the 800+ healing range is helpful to your group in wvw or low level dungeons
here’s mine, i’m not an arcanist and stats are a bit more selfish.. can always throw in a cleric staff to punch up that heal i mentioned..
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAGGAIPgxEWGPCpjNKF2B-jEDBocA0HAZRFRjtwiIashDVpTRV1ATDLwWzB2jDzdIpuEQA-w

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

I really enjoy playing this build as well. I personally feel if I can cure as many conditions and heal as much as I can on my melee train and allow them(5 members) to do damage for longer, then the trade off of not doing as much damage myself is worth it.

I run Runes of Dwayna(for the Regen on Heal Skill, which removes conditions from teammates around you) and XI in water. With full ascended clerics, food, and bloodlust, you can reach around 2k healing power. Once your CC/ MS/ big water cooldowns are down, you can switch to icebow and right click enemies around your melee train and heal them for around 1k every 3/4ths seconds which is MASSIVE HPS. Icebow 4 -> auto attacks on your melee train -> drop it and start throwing out your CC/ water fields again.

I tried to run glyph of renewal for a while, but the cast time is far too long to reliably res downed players during WvW fights.

You won’t get as many bags, but I feel like you can visibly notice the difference playing this build. Add celestial trinkets in later if you want more damage. Staff benefits from every stat on celestial.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

(edited by Shinoobi.1259)

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I run with Cleric’s gear and dual daggers in WvW. It’s pretty effective at healing and it is helpful to the group. I’m also traited for boon duration and can get up close with my melee teammates to grant protection and regeneration.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Wrath.7801

Is it possible to do a similar sort of build and go into dungeons as a healer? (I have never done a dungeon before so don’t know what to expect)

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

I don’t see why not. I like to use one universal set-up for everything. It needs tweaking in PvP though, since my boon duration is decreased.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Is it possible to do a similar sort of build and go into dungeons as a healer? (I have never done a dungeon before so don’t know what to expect)

You could, but everyone would be quite mad at you for it.

There’s no need for this kind of support in dungeons, and you’ll be supporting more by killing the opponent quicker.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Wrath.7801

There’s no need for this kind of support in dungeons, and you’ll be supporting more by killing the opponent quicker.

Oh So basically stick to WvW healer or get abuse thrown at me then ^.^

Thanks for letting me know

WvW Healer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

Healing is very underwhelming in this game. I really wanted to make a healer, but even with full healing I don’t heal very well. It’s disappointing. I don’t know if it’s worth it, even in WvW.

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald