WvW Roaming Build for 2-man with Shatterer?

in Elementalist

Posted by: sicsempertyrannis.3510

sicsempertyrannis.3510

So I’m looking to roam with a friend of mine who runs a shatter Mesmer. Is there any particular build that might synergize well with that? I’m considering S/F for the burst, so that any target of our choosing can be killed instantaneously. Otherwise, D/D? Any input would be appreciated.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lettuce.2945

Lettuce.2945

Well, first what are you roaming exactly? WvW? PvE?

Pretty sure title says WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Marmatt.8590

Marmatt.8590

So I’m looking to roam with a friend of mine who runs a shatter Mesmer. Is there any particular build that might synergize well with that? I’m considering S/F for the burst, so that any target of our choosing can be killed instantaneously. Otherwise, D/D? Any input would be appreciated.

If hes running a shatter build some sustain would be useful, because he’ll most likely be using ether feast which is healing every 20 seconds. I would recommend going staff, 0/0/2/6/6 cantrip tank. If you want to be able to burst as well going d/d would also be good. D/f would be better imo for mobility.

Mystogen 80 Mes
Knights Of The Knightmare
S3 Legend

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

D/D is by far the most effective small-scale roaming spec. S/x is horribly ineffective at dealing with multiple opponents, staff is the opposite, being unable to deal with single opponents.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: sicsempertyrannis.3510

sicsempertyrannis.3510

Thanks for the input, all. In that case, if I were to go D/D, what would synergize well with Berserker trinkets? I know that ‘zerker trinkets aren’t the best for D/D roamer, but I have them for PvE and haven’t the resources for getting different ascended items. Is there a particular armor set and weapon set that would offset that squishiness while still providing for the firepower I need?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Knight’s with just enough soldier’s so you’re comfortable with your hp.

16.5k is a good benchmark, 19k with applied fortitude.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube