WvW Roaming build, Celestial Staff Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hwarang.4789

Hwarang.4789

Hi!

I believe I am well versed when it comes to using my staff Ele.
With full exotic celestial gear, I would never manage to kill tanky roamers in a fight, so I dropped this build, until there was a way for me to get ascended gear via PVP. I’ve decided to pick this build back up as I loved playing it so much and I couldn’t find anything else enjoyable to play.

And so to the point. Are there any celestial staff Ele players out there that can share with me their experiences? I don’t care how long it takes me to kill someone, as long as it’s possible.

THANK YOU

- A fellow Ele player.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hwarang.4789

Hwarang.4789

I’m quite stubborn with wanting to play celestial. However, if there was a stat combination whereby I can replace the condi and healing power stat for something else, that would be great too. However I have no clue what good number for the power, precision, ferocity, vitality and toughness stats would be….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMMANYiVOAeOA8RglHAz9xmZ3sCBgDQLkYIEE2BA-TFCEQBMRpnDVGsFlgtRHwDeAAA4CAAv9Hwk6PkCIzhWA-w
This is what I’ve been running on staff for a while. There’s quite a few variations. With less cele, fire over air, arcane over tempest.

If you really want to, you can go more cele than this, but you have to be very very wary of your power. Your damage output will drop very steeply if you go with even less power than I am.

On staff I think the numbers you’re looking for are somewhere between fresh air and dagger/dagger builds. You take notably more offense, but still the most cost effective defensive points, since your hard mitigation isn’t great. So 2.4k armor, healing power entirely optional and 16k hp. Power has to be as high as possible, crit chance can be a problem without a good fury source. (Pack rune is good on fire variants). You’re aiming for 60%

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

However, if there was a stat combination whereby I can replace the condi and healing power stat for something else, that would be great too.

if you cut out condition damage, you’re left with about the same total stats as the 4-stat gear. Then to convert healing power into something else, it’s just a matter of mixing them.
…except that marauder is the only one that doesn’t have either condition damage, healing power, or concentration

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

The small stat on the 4-stat gear is the exact same value as the celestial stats. Example: Vit on Marauder gear is same value as vit on Celestial.

I’ve had good results running Marauder armor with Celestial trinkets on my staff ele. Add Trooper or Durability runes for added survivability — or Strength runes with Strength Sigil for added damage. I like bloodlust sigil too.

Personally I use Trooper runes, bloodlust sigil, and energy sigil.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”