WvW Staff Ele - What gears should I use?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rythorn.4986

Rythorn.4986

Q:

I am not very experienced with elementalist and I would like to know what gears I should get for a wvw staff elementalist.

I’m usually playing in small groups with guildies (10 people) or following the blob. I’m happy with abilities and traits but I deal very few damages. I have PVT on all my armor and accessories at the moment, I’m also using rune of water.

I would like to have your opinion on the following gear : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQFAWhMM6cW5wwBr0AhAB5tmrRBlrLXB-TFSDABJoEsHlfV8AAaU9HW2fAEdAAY+TiLAApAGYZE-w

I would keep the PVT armor but switch to rune of strength. And I will use full berserker accessories.

Will this choice be viable ? Will I be able to do more damage and still have enough survivability for wvw ?

Thank you for your help. I’m asking before I buy anything because it’s pretty costly for me to buy that… I’d prefer to be sure it will work

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gandalf.1537

Gandalf.1537

I find that berserker armor your kind of squishy unless d/d. I have a set of berserker gear with berserker runes and trinkets and I feel squishy.

I have a set of mixed gear, Val/Soliders with pirate runes and in groups it seems amazing, doing a lot of damage while providing support and I am getting big numbers as well as staying alive. For Staff that is.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

WHAT GANDALF SAID.

Its really conditional. I have a set of PVT gear with melandru runes for times when I really need to sustain, and i have zerker armor with hoelbrak runes for when I need to be the dps.

If you want a blend of Damage and survivability, go Valk gear with cavalier trinkets. and opal orbs (get your crit chance back up to 30%)

Try a Sigil of Intelligence on your staff for extra damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

With a name like Gandalf, me thinks it wouldn’t be that grey. But then again, what do i know. I only eat charzookas for breakfast n stuffs. Oh, that and cheezypoofs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gandalf.1537

Gandalf.1537

I have used D/D in WvW / Full Berserker / Trinkets, but unless you know how to dodge attacks, and avoid, and try to counter while throwing up them heals.

Its not for the faint in heart, it takes a lot of time, practice, and learning the attun swaping.

I went with staff because it gives me a break from the D/D and if I just feel like having some fun and provide support.

Being an ele, you have to understand, we are very very squishy, and with that, we must be in the back to midline range when you see a zerg rolling through your hood, lol.

Learn to blast, nuke, attack, and heal, and buff, and back out, and dodge, makes you a good ele, and keeping yourself alive,

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I’m a beginner too. I wvw in soldier armour and celestial trinkets apart of the amulett which is berserker. Staff is ’zerker too.

The good thing that you can equip two knight daggers, change some traits and do just fine in the frontline. You are tanky as hell and can put out some serious damage and heals. And CC. A lot

EDIT: I’m not saying this is the optimal way for a staff or D/D ele… But for me as a beginner works fine. Propably I will swap to a more DPS oriented setup… Later.

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

The build is perfectly fine. You can make up for the reduced armor/hp by better positioning and awareness on the battlefield.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rythorn.4986

Rythorn.4986

Hi and thank you for your replies it’s being really helpful.

I will probably stick with this build and a few changes though.
Runes of strength are really expensive. Which rune would be a good alternative to it ?

Thanks again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I use full glass zerker when I was in a WvW active guild (sadly I am not anymore, and WvW in my server is practically dead)

I had a lot of fun with Glass Zerker Meteor Shower + Tornado.

Idk if it’s been fixed though sorry.

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone