WvW elementalist

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordTemujin.5498

LordTemujin.5498

Time to whine: ok ele is a tough but fun job in wvw … can be hard to stay alive yes and do decent damage. Unlike necro who are extremely popular for the very high impact damage and boon revert to condition which is quite popular and potent… elementalists have to rely on power most of the time yes… now they nerf the excelent ability-traits cleansing fire and renewing stamina which both seem to op ? . yes arcane – fire are both traits that are usualy popular and usefull. They buffed glyphs a bit… oh joy joy joy!!!…. EXTREMELY USELESSS ON WVW. 3 stack of mights when using cantrips is a nice addon with the automatic cleansing fire esspecialy with the legions of necros out there . (yea i also have a necro,but the boss want my ele :P) and renewing stamina seemed too powerful with in use with dodge it seems? …. im very dissapointed, bring back my 2 buffs ! I dont care about the nerf on super oped frost bow not a single bit, but Cantrips are the way to stay alive in WVW and those lil buffs along with renewing stamina was fun and made a build more viable.

Sad elementalist

(edited by LordTemujin.5498)

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

ANet doesn’t consider WvW a gamemode worth to be balanced. Changes are made based on the current sPvP metagame, and then applied game-wide without any thought about the impact & consequences on the other gamemodes.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

All how you build how big of a change this makes.

I don’t even really bother with Cleansing Fire unless a server/group is running Rat Wells and I need a small boost to survivability. With gear setup, casual might stacks from Pyromancers, Bloodlust stacks, and Guard stacks I’m well over 3k power and I very rarely (maybe once every few hours where we last stand an objective and there’s no way out) die.

That said it was 100% based around PvP. I really miss GW1 where skills were treated differently per game mode instead of this nonsense where their incompetence in balancing PvP dramatically affects PvE/WvW.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

This is another one of those posts that don’t match my experiences.

If you are talking about D/D and Roaming, yeah, you can’t 1vs3 people anymore…yeah, it sucks.

If you are talking about Staff and Zerging, then, lol?

To think a couple of changes to fire rendered, what was the most important class in a coordinated zerg, EXTREMELY USELESS is pretty out there.

(Edited To Add: Oh, my bad. You were talking about gylphs being extremely useless. But…still. Come on, man.)

If you were running Fire before the patch, then you were probably running Pyromancers. That plus sigil and rune choices and multiple sources of might from the zerg itself rendered the might from cantrips unnecessary and a “nice to have” at best.

Even before the nerfs, you still had Air as an option which would provide a superior bonus to DPS if you were attunement swapping enough to prohibit gaining any real benefits from the fire only traits. That is a common scenario if you are one of the main elementalists on TS in the CC and water rotation.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: CDUB.1645

CDUB.1645

This is another one of those posts that don’t match my experiences.

If you are talking about D/D and Roaming, yeah, you can’t 1vs3 people anymore…yeah, it sucks.

If you are talking about Staff and Zerging, then, lol?

To think a couple of changes to fire rendered, what was the most important class in a coordinated zerg, EXTREMELY USELESS is pretty out there.

(Edited To Add: Oh, my bad. You were talking about gylphs being extremely useless. But…still. Come on, man.)

If you were running Fire before the patch, then you were probably running Pyromancers. That plus sigil and rune choices and multiple sources of might from the zerg itself rendered the might from cantrips unnecessary and a “nice to have” at best.

Even before the nerfs, you still had Air as an option which would provide a superior bonus to DPS if you were attunement swapping enough to prohibit gaining any real benefits from the fire only traits. That is a common scenario if you are one of the main elementalists on TS in the CC and water rotation.

If this is the case, Guardian might stacks should be nerfed….because if they are in the zerg they would be rendered unnecessary due to the amount of guardians, eles, or whomever in zerg that can stack might (buffs).

Fire 3 did not require a nerf…..Why was Ele considered OP? The burning…Anet apparently fixed that because they nerf Ele burn instead of global burning?? I believe the burn guardian still all the same…..

aNet basically took something away from cantrips that is the main utility used by all Eles in WvW and sPvP due to low base stat pool and survivability.

I dont care about ice bow that much but when you decrease its usefulness -50%….Just get rid of skill.

Maybe this is how aNet will make Tempest more enticing to Ele.

I am still using Ele in sPvP just using Earth instead of Fire for now.

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

If this is the case, Guardian might stacks should be nerfed….because if they are in the zerg they would be rendered unnecessary due to the amount of guardians, eles, or whomever in zerg that can stack might (buffs).

No?

If I understand the intention of the nerf, it was to reduce the overall strength of solo D/D elementalists. And it did a pretty good job of that, because with so many potential sources of might in group might, the cantrip change is mostly only noticeable solo.

[/quote]

Fire 3 did not require a nerf…..Why was Ele considered OP? The burning…Anet apparently fixed that because they nerf Ele burn instead of global burning?? I believe the burn guardian still all the same…..

Because D/D was a full bunker build with pretty wicked damage potentials due to multiple sources of burn stacks on low cooldown?

And burn guardian brings mostly burn burst and condition cleanse to the table?

I understand everyone else on the forum likes to myopically reference burn guardian when complaining about the burning nerf for elementalists as if they were the same in every way, but they aren’t.

aNet basically took something away from cantrips that is the main utility used by all Eles in WvW and sPvP due to low base stat pool and survivability.

And if you pragmatically look at it, there is multiple scenarios in this game where what they took away isn’t even essential, so it ends up just being complaining because “they took something away”.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

You couldnt even take renewing stamina and arcane shield until june 23rd. Eles were still very viable in the meta and arent any weaker now with the baselined stuff. Might on cantrip could have been a duration reduction yes. Renewing stamina on the other hand is just straight up OP for adept line. I’d take it anyday over any other adept trait. Also as pointed above, nobody balanced around WvW.

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

It is a shame they ignore other game modes and only balance around sPvP. As far as I know since I didn’t play GW1…they had seperate balance for each of the game modes. That sounds AMAZING.

WvW elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mark.1679

Mark.1679

I play staff A LOT in WvW. All I can say is that Staff is in a VERY good spot. Dont change anything about it.
it has so many escape options and heals you wont die ever. unless a very good focus party rekts you with a mes/thief combo.
The staff skills are all pretty good, its the last weapon and build you can QQ about.

Scepter though.. ugh

D/F frontline for [PUSH]