WvW frontline tempest

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Which of the following setup do you think is better?
powerful aura + rune of trooper
So you can share aura from weapon skills, overload and rebound. Gives you a lot more heal to the allies. Rune of trooper helps party condition management.

cleansing water + rune of durability.
Taking a strong trait against condition means you can opt for a more OP rune, durability. You get a bit more raw stats and a pretty strong 20% boon duration. The boons from the rune is also quite strong. However, you lost some aura share ability. You can still party heal with the shouts though.

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Monk runes and sigil of transference which will bring your total output healing to + 45%.

Condi removal will come from other sources. Use revenents to stack resistence.

You can overload earth followed by sand squall to give your frontline 10s of protection and an extra 2s of stability.

Keep in mind frontline tempest is not that useful when you are heavily outnumbered even with stone heart, since you can’t leap passed well bombs like guardians.

Most of your healing will not come from shouts. If it was me I’d replace your utilities with cantrips and maybe have flash freeze.

Ideally you would overload earth on frontline leaps to immobalize targets and use sandsquall, switch to water for heals. You really only need to use fire to stack might and air for the extra cc.

Bad Elementalist

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

Exciton.8942

Monk runes and sigil of transference which will bring your total output healing to + 45%.

Condi removal will come from other sources. Use revenents to stack resistence.

You can overload earth followed by sand squall to give your frontline 10s of protection and an extra 2s of stability.

Keep in mind frontline tempest is not that useful when you are heavily outnumbered even with stone heart, since you can’t leap passed well bombs like guardians.

Most of your healing will not come from shouts. If it was me I’d replace your utilities with cantrips and maybe have flash freeze.

Ideally you would overload earth on frontline leaps to immobalize targets and use sandsquall, switch to water for heals. You really only need to use fire to stack might and air for the extra cc.

I don’t understand the leap past bombs part.

Guardian’s GS3 has the exact same cooldown and range with ele’s dagger fire 3
Guard’s GS3 doesn’t have any evade. How can they just leap ‘over’ the bombs? Actually ele fire 3 has evade to avoid pressure.

Anyway if you get caught in a bomb you either pop invul or you are dead. I feel heal tempest should be useful in outnumbered situation as well because it gives your party quick heal to get back to action. You won’t have a lot of time to reset, empower and blast water.

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

You could pop a mist form if you wanted, but in general you probably don’t want to jump into the fight without stone heart. Guardians have blocks/invuln and stability. Not so much as leaping over bombs but leaping passed them and out of them.

It could be my lack of experience playing frontline, but I tend to get caught up while my frontline pushes passed me, making my heals useless

Bad Elementalist

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

Sorry to kinda hijack your threat but i dont think this kinda deserve a new one. Like the OP i made 2 days ago an elementalist with the boost, mostly for wvw. Anyway i am not expert but i am using some kind of auramancer, with some celestial/soldier and staff. I survive nicely and i like the class but what bothers me is staff attacks are mostly so slow that when i run with the zerg by the time i cast everyone is dead and i dont get loot sometimes.

Staff seem to be the better option, dagger is very melee oriented right? well not melee but doesn’t have much range. Scepter i havent tried much, in the offhand the warhorn seem good but i dont know what is better? Staff is alright but its just so slow

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

Exciton.8942

Sorry to kinda hijack your threat but i dont think this kinda deserve a new one. Like the OP i made 2 days ago an elementalist with the boost, mostly for wvw. Anyway i am not expert but i am using some kind of auramancer, with some celestial/soldier and staff. I survive nicely and i like the class but what bothers me is staff attacks are mostly so slow that when i run with the zerg by the time i cast everyone is dead and i dont get loot sometimes.

Staff seem to be the better option, dagger is very melee oriented right? well not melee but doesn’t have much range. Scepter i havent tried much, in the offhand the warhorn seem good but i dont know what is better? Staff is alright but its just so slow

The whole point is that I want to build a frontline/melee tempest to closely support the frontline party. I definitely had fun playing the traditional staff backline ele but I want a change.

I will go for d/f for sure. Warhorn is more of a midline support weapon.

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

http://asphyxia.tv/elementalist

My WvW front line ele build and explanation there.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Depends on what you want to do in the frontline. I dont play my tempest often but when I do I use a full cleric build in the frontline and output insane amounts of healing. Water runes (had no badges for monks, otherwise I’d run that), benevolence/water sigils and everything specced toward healing. When buffed up its ~1000hp/s on soothing mists alone. Rather than pop healing when the commander regroups, I do it when the commander leap in, acting like a healbomber to dull the impact of the enemy counterbomb. It can be pretty effective and allow the commander to simply keep pushing, breaking the enemy. Wont exactly win the prize in most damage dealt, but it still got some decent AoE tools to support the zerg.

I enjoy playing it every now and then as its pretty different in style from my normal go to scrapper roamer.

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

The whole point is that I want to build a frontline/melee tempest to closely support the frontline party. I definitely had fun playing the traditional staff backline ele but I want a change.

I will go for d/f for sure. Warhorn is more of a midline support weapon.

yea i mean i want my elementalist to be more support and all that, kinda frontline but for some reason i am using the staff lol. I am probably better using dagger i am just not that comfortable going full melee with an ele or to go way to deep in the front tho to be honest i survive well, i have survived the biggest zergs running after me lol, love it. I want to support mostly but i also like look and dagger, i think not sure, doesnt have much aoe. As i said i dont know, might need to give dagger more tries, warhorn like you said is more mid line which i am ok with i suppose since i dont go full to the front most times.

WvW frontline tempest

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Depends on what you want to do in the frontline. I dont play my tempest often but when I do I use a full cleric build in the frontline and output insane amounts of healing. Water runes (had no badges for monks, otherwise I’d run that), benevolence/water sigils and everything specced toward healing. When buffed up its ~1000hp/s on soothing mists alone. Rather than pop healing when the commander regroups, I do it when the commander leap in, acting like a healbomber to dull the impact of the enemy counterbomb. It can be pretty effective and allow the commander to simply keep pushing, breaking the enemy. Wont exactly win the prize in most damage dealt, but it still got some decent AoE tools to support the zerg.

I enjoy playing it every now and then as its pretty different in style from my normal go to scrapper roamer.

How is soothing mist healing 1000 a second? even with +145% outgoing healing at 1100 healing power it shouldnt be more than 500 a second.

If you are managing to heal that much from it im using that lol

Bad Elementalist