You are destroying ele in the upcoming patch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

The next patch is going to completely destroy ele.

After the current nerfs of elemental attuedment, i spent 100’s of gold changing my armor sets and runes. the only build i found to work focuses heavily on two main aspects your changing.

This is my build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmmbwR5wjEAkHwcCLjCiIK8QRROzA-jUDB4fgojAEGAkIgJPBJ7Zaslhht6KalXBRXDT5SIVFLymzFRrWKAzVGB-w

This works due to high up time on protection and fury when using Aura’s!(linked to other skills) Due to the protection uptime it makes Signet of restoration, steal hp on crit food and sigil work. (take less damage but gaining same hp.)

Conditions are countered fully by the 3 water line traits..

Mobility comes from using aura’s (linked to other skills) and fire greatsword elite when you need to bail.

Damage comes from the high buff duration, stacking up long lasting might from Fire aura (linked to other skills) But it is still lackluster, Thats where the 70% crit damage comes in, it make you damage if you manage to stack might! which is done by long complex rotations (compared to other classes)

This build all nits together to make ele slightly work, I say slightly cos if you played GW2 at all. You will know everyone runs Perma hide mesmers, sins and KD warriors. It still requires a huge amount of skills to fight against this easy to play builds.

i tested this build in the mists, it does not work, all the components are not their. You don’t get all three runes for the buff dur and you cannot mix and match stats.

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

I assume this is about boon duratiion?

Check this link and time
@ 16:14
http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/496005243

They talk about the rune changes Roy states that they are aware that people like to mix and match with boon duration. He then says a specific set has been given boon duration.

They give an example of their rune rework using rune of strength. Which is also a popular 2/2/2/ rune with might stackers.

Rune of strength will now look like +175 power(up from 165 currently), +45% might duration, 25% chance to get might on proc and the +5% damage under the effects of might. So the old 20% might duration from rune of strength is now 45%.

Apply that design to a boon duration rune and your choices are Altruism, Water, or Monk getting +45% boon duration. I don’t think it will be altruism but it could possibly it. With the fury and might on heal makes it look very good. The smart design is All 3 of those getting 45% boon duration because they will compete with each other. Water would be healing power with condi removal lets say 25% chance to remove a condition using the rune of strength example. That cooldown needs to be dropped though cause 30 secs is to long.

Anyway, all signs point to you still being able to get +45% boon duration.

I think Anet is banking on people wanting the raw stat that comes with it. I would never want to slot 45% boon duration on my warrior or thief if it came with 175 healing power. Instead I would take the +45% might duration and the 175 power along with the 5% extra damage from strength instead.

None of the boon duration runes Altruism or Water will go up in price much since they can be crafted and monk is from a dungeon I wouldn’t worry about a skyrocket price jump.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

That’s a good answer, oZii.. No, ele isn’t being destroyed in the next patch.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

D/F is getting buffed, muhahahaha

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Noobduration is overated.The new bonus from the revamped runes will be even more better for ele.I ve been running 2xwater 4 divinity for some time now.Never looked back to 2xwater 2xmonk 2xtraveler.If you can land your Earth grabs well enough your aura uptime is really really good considering you have 3 auras with D/D.

Also wtf…evasion with Burning speed.Eles will be kings in 1vs1 now.I say next patch is a boost.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Kings is taking it a bit too far. I’m reserving my opinion for patch notes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I’m not sure if this will be the case. Right now, you could stack 60% might duration with runes while the new rune set only provides 45%. The new rune set does indeed provide a lot more duration than it currently does. However, the maximum achievable amount will decrease quite significantly. We might be looking at 30% oder 35% boon duration instead of 45%. The maximum for boon duration has to be lower than the maximum for a specific boons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I think it’d be more like 30% boon duration too. They would probably do something like a 6%/10%/14% for 2/4/6 runes.

See, they want you to use Burning Speed to cover for the loss of protection uptime and the Frozen Burst blast to cover for the loss of might stacks.

There’s no such thing as free buffs for eles.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I think it’d be more like 30% boon duration too. They would probably do something like a 6%/10%/14% for 2/4/6 runes.

See, they want you to use Burning Speed to cover for the loss of protection uptime and the Frozen Burst blast to cover for the loss of might stacks.

There’s no such thing as free buffs for eles.

The rune/ sigil changes affect all professions, and most professions are getting directly nerfed too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Machupo.1095

Machupo.1095

“No, ele isn’t being destroyed in the next patch”
Right, it has already been destroyed !!!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

My response to this dramatic rant…adapt.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Also wtf…evasion with Burning speed.Eles will be kings in 1vs1 now.I say next patch is a boost.

No. Simply No. Mesmer, Thief, Warrior, Necro and Engineer will STILL be “better” in a 1Vs1. Though that depends on peoples levels, build and such. But in no way will the change to Burning Speed make us “kings” of 1Vs1

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I’m not sure if this will be the case. Right now, you could stack 60% might duration with runes while the new rune set only provides 45%. The new rune set does indeed provide a lot more duration than it currently does. However, the maximum achievable amount will decrease quite significantly. We might be looking at 30% oder 35% boon duration instead of 45%. The maximum for boon duration has to be lower than the maximum for a specific boons.

That is true. I am banking on them saying people want the actual stats to go with it. You might be right though with 35%.

{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Undertow.2389

Undertow.2389

There’s no way they’re going to have 45% might duration on one rune set and the same 45% to all boons on another. Much more likely going to be around 30% boon duration total. BUT, you should get a pick of a working 4 and 6 pc bonus now, along with higher stat totals. Perhaps there could even be some choice now in which boon duration set you want too. We won’t know until the patch. Personally I don’t think 60% boon duration vs 75% (including traits) makes that big of a difference, if it’s made up for by those other things on the rune sets.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

There’s no way they’re going to have 45% might duration on one rune set and the same 45% to all boons on another. Much more likely going to be around 30% boon duration total. BUT, you should get a pick of a working 4 and 6 pc bonus now, along with higher stat totals. Perhaps there could even be some choice now in which boon duration set you want too. We won’t know until the patch. Personally I don’t think 60% boon duration vs 75% (including traits) makes that big of a difference, if it’s made up for by those other things on the rune sets.

Yea I agree 60% is fine and was the standard for some time before traveler came out.

Need to see how the critical damage changes work with Divinity runes. If they are hit hard then I’ll probably swap to another rune set probably Boon duration.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

Also wtf...evasion with Burning speed.Eles will be kings in 1vs1 now.I say next patch is a boost.

No. Simply No. Mesmer, Thief, Warrior, Necro and Engineer will STILL be "better" in a 1Vs1. Though that depends on peoples levels, build and such. But in no way will the change to Burning Speed make us "kings" of 1Vs1

I guess you haven’t seen a good ele 1v1 then. Because they are just as competitive 1v1 as most of these classes.

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Ele was destroyed when they messed up our, aoe dmg, healing, mist form and RTL.

It still works however, its just not as fun to play.

Not you cant do kitten when in mist form and will die from conditions without being able to do nothing about it. They called it a “fix”.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

I guess you haven’t seen a good ele 1v1 then. Because they are just as competitive 1v1 as most of these classes.

I have seen plenty of good Eles, they could maybe compete in S/TPvP but in WvW? Not a chance. It would take more than an Evasion on one skill to make a class with the lowest health, lowest armor, longest defensive cool downs and no stealth to be a “king” of 1Vs1. I am talking Mesmer, Condi build, Warrior kind of “Kings” not the kind that manages to kill up levels.

in Elementalist

oZii.2864

I have seen plenty of good Eles, they could maybe compete in S/TPvP but in WvW? Not a chance. It would take more than an Evasion on one skill to make a class with the lowest health, lowest armor, longest defensive cool downs and no stealth to be a “king” of 1Vs1. I am talking Mesmer, Condi build, Warrior kind of “Kings” not the kind that manages to kill up levels.

Neither of those “King” classes are unbeatable or counterable in 1v1. A P/D perp thief will wreck both of them at best tie the warrior if he happens to run a condi shout build.

The best 1v1 class/build is a P/D perp thief because it has just about all the strengths that condi classes have combined with all the strengths that thief and stealth have.

{Thief}

(edited by oZii.2864)

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Neither of those “King” classes are unbeatable or counterable in 1v1. A P/D perp thief will wreck both of them.

Mesmer only weakness is Conditions, so of course a Condition build with stealth and plenty of it would have a very high chance of winning, that means nothing though because most thieves go zerker/damage anyway i think i see maybe 3-5 condi Thieves a week. Nothing more. Mesmer IS the king of 1 Vs 1 though, unlike say Warrior Mesmer has a weakness. Thieves are very strong in 1 Vs 1 as well though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

The rune/ sigil changes affect all professions, and most professions are getting directly nerfed too.

75% boon duration is was crucial to D/D eles in WvW though. A few condi necroes also do 2xLyssa, 2xMad King but mostly other professions didn’t rely as much on rune mixing since full sets like Lyssa’s are more OP for them anyway.

The patch will bring D/D eles abit closer in line with the other professions and will let you be abit safer in zerker amulet/glassy gear but it’s not like D/D eles in soldiers/clerics/amulet/gear are magically going to start being a threat again, except (those shatter mesmers who would be alot more vulnerable with their vigor halved huehue)

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Do you realise that pool of players in WvW that are above average are exactly the same(maybe even less) with the ones in spvp.The rest are cannon fodder.
All classes get stronger in WvW because of slightly different skills effects and gear customisation.But the elementalist getss a tremendous boost being able to juggle with ALL stats and very good damage through high power(3k+) precision(around 50% with auras) and huge Critical dmg(100%)

Right now the only thing that can beat a good ele in 1vs1 is P/D thief because even with the classic D/D spec your condition removal is not enough to outlast the thiefs conditions applying,unless you use your surroundings to LOS his pistol shots.In open field if he is not squishy its pretty much a loss for me.And usually they run with like 3k armor -.-

Mesmers and warriors are really strong classes but like us have telegraphed skills.That means you can avoid skullcracker/shatter/iBerserker/Earthshaker etc.Imagine now,in the next patch you will be able to run Battle/Energy+Vigor from cantrips+II Arcana+Burning Speed evade.What exactly is gonna hit you,unless you kitten up?
(Ofc a better player than you will probably wreck you)

Only bad thing about next patch is celestial,cause its by far the best gear for a roaming D/D ele and its gonna be nerfed.Besides us only guardians make a good use of this set and tbh i haven’t found many good roaming Guas in WvW.I really don’t wanna jump to conclusions and i hope that the nerf is a lot less than it appears to be so far.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

75% boon duration is was crucial to D/D eles in WvW though. A few condi necroes also do 2xLyssa, 2xMad King but mostly other professions didn’t rely as much on rune mixing since full sets like Lyssa’s are more OP for them anyway.

There’s an incredibly high chance that Lyssa’s runes might see their 6th bonus nerfed or put under a cooldown, too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

75 gets rounded to 70

Anyway the boon duration difference is so minute its not even noticeable

Also lets wait and see what really happens. Everyone knows that Anet has been beating up the ele , then loving it, then beating it, and so forth, its like a love hate relationship.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

If you have seen plenty of good ele players in s/tpvp then you can only imagine how much better they are in wvw. In wvw is where good ele players excel the most specially at 1v1 scenarios.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

If you have seen plenty of good ele players in s/tpvp then you can only imagine how much better they are in wvw. In wvw is where good ele players excel the most specially at 1v1 scenarios.

This is so true. We walk around with a crutch in SPvP. The ability to pick where our stats cover our defects is what lets us live in WvW.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

You are forgetting that in WvW pretty much everyone is Condi when roaming. You are also forgetting that unless you spec for at least some defense you will die A LOT thanks to the low Health and Armor.

In Zerker, you make a single mistake, a skill gets dodged or immune and you are pretty much screwed.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

You are forgetting that in WvW pretty much everyone is Condi when roaming. You are also forgetting that unless you spec for at least some defense you will die A LOT thanks to the low Health and Armor.

In Zerker, you make a single mistake, a skill gets dodged or immune and you are pretty much screwed.

You must never have seen a good ele in WvW. What server are you on? There are great eles on Mag, BG, TC, SoR and a few others. Hit some of us up for duels.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

You are forgetting that as ele we have plenty of condition removals and not all the conditions need to be cleansed. We can also avoid many conditions just by dodging and prevent even more by bursting your opponent. The low hp and armor is only an excuse many players make to backup their ineffective play with this profession. Sure the hp can be a little bit more but the armor is aligned correctly to a profession that wears LIGHT armor. All full zerk profession will easily get defeated if they make a mistake even warriors.

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

. All full zerk profession will easily get defeated if they make a mistake even warriors.

In my opinion that is wrong. Look at everything warrior have to escape and to block or immunity damage and conditions. They also get insane passive regen. Same goes for Thieves sure they MIGHT get killed by making a mistake every now and then but that doesnt mean it happens all the time.

You also forget that so many of these classes have FAR better defensive skills than ele all the while having more health and more armor so they don’t need to even think about defensive stats most of the time.

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

. All full zerk profession will easily get defeated if they make a mistake even warriors.

In my opinion that is wrong. Look at everything warrior have to escape and to block or immunity damage and conditions. They also get insane passive regen. Same goes for Thieves sure they MIGHT get killed by making a mistake every now and then but that doesnt mean it happens all the time.

You also forget that so many of these classes have FAR better defensive skills than ele all the while having more health and more armor so they don’t need to even think about defensive stats most of the time.

What do we have for defense:
Block – Check
Invulnerability to both physical damage and conditions – Check
Many condition removals – Check
Projectile reflection and absorption – Check
Various heal skills- Check
Defensive boons – Check
Mobility – Check
Knockdowns, daze and other great cc – CHECK!
Clones – n/a
Broken stealth mechanic n/a

Not to mention massive, instant cast, ranged skills that can also be a great defensive tool.

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

Well on paper it looks good but still we’re in a tight spot. What most classes get out of their weap skills and class mechanic we have to get out of our utility and traits

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Well on paper it looks good but still we’re in a tight spot. What most classes get out of their weap skills and class mechanic we have to get out of our utility and traits

We get many of the defensive methods mentioned above from our weapon skills too.