You just made Arcane skill builds even worse

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Elementalist Arcane builds already suck, and now you are taking Elemental Attunement away from us as well! That final line of Arcane is just plain BS.

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/gw2-elementalist-arcane-specialization1.jpg

The main arcane talent, Elemental Surge, alongside the main 2 traits? Arcane needed all the help it could get, yet you killed it more.

(edited by dietzero.3514)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavafrost of Maguuma.6807

Lavafrost of Maguuma.6807

It’s not being taken away, just forcing us to choose between Evasive Arcana and Elemental Attunement.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I am fine with that change … except there is nothing I want in the Master tier.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s a bit strange how it works out. I’m currently using Final Shielding→Elemental Attunement→Evasive Arcana, and now I’m going to have to pick between my former-master and current-grandmaster traits if I want to stay in Arcana.

I kept with Arcana after they changed how it affected attunement recharge rates, mainly because Evasive Arcana is some ridiculous utility, but I might have to try out some other builds if I’m going to lose Elemental Attunement.

That said, I’m not too torn up about it. I can’t speak for PvP or WvW, but I’ve always felt really powerful in PvE as an Ele.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Elementalist

dietzero.3514

It’s not being taken away, just forcing us to choose between Evasive Arcana and Elemental Attunement.

What? The main talent for Arcane builds, where you use Arcane spells, is Elemental Surge. It is the one between the two core abilities, i.e Arcane build is even more dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

they should add the elemenal attunement to the master line, and add a grandmaster trait for the reduction of ELEMENTALS recharge , increased uptime and elemetal*s* own skill recharge.

Arcane ressurection should be an adept skill like ALL other proffessions.

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m glad in a way that nothing in the Arcane trait line takes my fancy – especially now that the blasting staff trait is being added as simply a bonus for being ele – something that I think should have been like this right from day 1.

I’m looking forward to putting my points into fire as usual, earth sounds nice so I might roll with that as well, and probably air for the extra dmg. But in the end it comes down to what the final product looks like, and only then I can decide for sure what traits I want.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Elementalist

dietzero.3514

Seems like anet, and a lot of other people, forgot that there are THREE Grandmaster Arcane traits.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Magi.8643

Magi.8643

Seems like anet, and a lot of other people, forgot that there are THREE Grandmaster Arcane traits.

It seems you have forgotten that you can only have 1 grand-master 2 of which are a must for using the arcane trait line and with this change it leave nothing worth picking up for the master trait.

in Elementalist

dietzero.3514

It seems you have forgotten that you can only have 1 grand-master 2 of which are a must for using the arcane trait line and with this change it leave nothing worth picking up for the master trait.

You have absolutely no idea what I am even talking about, do you?

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Honestly you guys shouldn’t be alarmed. This change was clearly comming ever since elemental attunement got removed from adept line and some builds prior to that were just fine with only 2/10 points in arcana. Same thing with cleansing wave when you could run a fairly strong build with minimal points in water that had decent sustain.

But atleast it will be interesting to see what new builds people come up with. It would have been even more interesting if elemental attunement was simply a base function of the attunement swap mechanics. 0 arcana builds anyone?

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

dietzero.3514

Honestly you guys shouldn’t be alarmed. This change was clearly comming ever since elemental attunement got removed from adept line and some builds prior to that were just fine with only 2/10 points in arcana. Same thing with cleansing wave when you could run a fairly strong build with minimal points in water that had decent sustain.

But atleast it will be interesting to see what new builds people come up with. It would have been even more interesting if elemental attunement was simply a base function of the attunement swap mechanics. 0 arcana builds anyone?

Ok?

The point is Elemental Surge and Arcane skill builds are even more screwed over, now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Ok?

The point is Elemental Surge and Arcane skill builds are even more screwed over, now.

I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t even know what elemental surge was up until now.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Sorry that the “build” got nerfed (quotes because it was so UP before), but it was always no true choice at GM anyway. Arcane precision is such a useless trait. Now people won’t even be tempted into trying it out at least.

in Elementalist

Posted by: jingkangtan.6752

jingkangtan.6752

who the kitten uses an “arcane” build

in Elementalist

dietzero.3514

Ok?

I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t even know what elemental surge was up until now.

No embarassment there. Anet seem to want it that way. They even forgot about the third Grandmaster trait themselves.

As for who plays an Arcane skill build, I wish I could. But they make it impossible