You know tempest is bad when...

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

The Devs need an extra week after every beta to post in our forums to discuss what the kitten to do with the spec.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Does that mean that every single other elite is bad, too?

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Only the daredevil and dragonhunter changes have been posted so far. Does this mean that those two are the only good elite specs?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

To crushes data and makes sure the changes work ya that sounds like a fair amount of time. I would think it takes longer becuse there are not more betas and the finale out come for tempest is on HoT release date. Its more odd to see changes now for something that not going to happen for another 2 weeks.

You know its bad bandwagon class when you see ppl who cant wait for updates for that class lol.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

OneKlicKill.4285

I’m just saying as one of the classes karl manages, we get the last update after every beta and the lease amount of changes, hes released both thief and guard, his other 2 managed classes. All I’m saying is he and the devs don’t know what to do and they’ve run out of time, prep for the worst and hope your pleasantly surprised.

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

And when they don’t do that, you’re still gonna complain about how devs don’t care. Seriously….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Elementalist is very complex. I’m getting used to delayed response, but if you read carefully Tempest has been getting better with each BWE. Many of us (me included) complain about the spec, but so far it’s been showing great improvement, we just fail to see its uses… specially in the top PvE content (raids), hope they can address it.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

OneKlicKill.4285

It’s all been very minor. They have yet to address the fact we have no minors apart from what should be base on overload as is. I’m not going to formulate a list on other points, but the base mechanics (yeah they wont change now) don’t put it in a good spot, I’ll let you be the judge of PvE, but from a Spvp perspective, tempest has far to high a cost for it’s reward and d/d plays the same role, in a competitive sense there is no way someone will get an overload off in a teamfight, MAYBE 1v1s but then d/d 1v1s much better. It unfortunately fights for the same footholds in both PvE(mass damage with heals when needed) and PvP (bruiser support).

I personally feel that some eles protect the devs way to much on these forums as well as protecting tempest. It’s primarily their “Tempest is Awesome!” feedback that gave karl the “Mostly Positive Feedback” he claimed a few betas ago, when that clearly wasn’t correct.

Tempest is well regarded as the worst spec right now and its all due to problems that where pointed out before the first beta on the class, and they refused to realize it until now, where its just too late.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Tempest has issues but it’s not just bad, there is some good stuff.

The Air and Fire overloads are kinda in an ok spot. Fire damage is really weak however for the small radius, I think it should do a large aoe burst at the end.

Water overload is not worth staying in water, and earth overload is just an immob that takes 5 seconds to channel. These need improvements.

The entire Tempest idea could have been much more satisfying if we were given new condition or boon.
What if:
Water Overload caused Float to 5 enemies around you when channeled
Earth Overload caused a slow field around you when channeled

Basically what me and my friends are wondering is why does the Mesmer get access to 2 new conditions and 1 new boon and the elementalist get access to nothing new?

The previously useless elite would have been saved if it would have given Alacrity instead.

Then there is the Warhorn issue. I don’t think they’ll ever turn this into a win, it’s just a terrible weapon choice: No mobility skill, no evade skill, no block skill, no high damage skill, bad condi application, no reflect, water field you have to run after to blast, orb that only move horizontally, very limited range, slow and clunky skills…

Why would anyone ever use it and how can they expect us to be convinced it was the right choice instead of sword? It need’s a total redesign.

That said, the traits and overloads are usable, so are some shouts. The Tempest line is worth equipping with Air and Fire for staff elementalist because of the might upkeep.

As for the new elite nobody seems convinced it’s really good besides the application of weakness and might from the trait.

So…. Even if there is a lot of work left to do with Tempest, it’s usable. But I wont be using warhorn.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

IMO all overloads are already in a good position if you consider their effects, it’s just the execution that’s too risky.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

IMO all overloads are already in a good position if you consider their effects, it’s just the execution that’s too risky.

I agree for air, fire, and earth (although bugged prot application will probably eliminate this), the overloads taken out of context of the 5s pre-charge AND 20s CD after felt appropriately strong for an AOE storm skill. The risk of interrupt/being a punching bag with no defense for 4s was balanced vs. the effects.

The problem is that, even taking fresh air to eliminate the 20s CD, air overload felt like it took too long to charge. They really need to either:

1. Remove the 20s CD after overloading or
2. Remove/reduce the 5s pre-charge to 2s or 3s.

Unfortunately, we have been saying this since day 1 and nothing has happened. I have no hope.

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Based on the dragonhunter and daredevil changes that Karl posted, I’d expect some fairy substantial changes to the tempest for launch. I mean dragonhunter was also regarded as one of the worst elite specs at the first beta, but now it’s been polished to the point where at the very least it provides a new niche for DPS guards in pvp because some of their tools are quite strong.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Based on the dragonhunter and daredevil changes that Karl posted, I’d expect some fairy substantial changes to the tempest for launch. I mean dragonhunter was also regarded as one of the worst elite specs at the first beta, but now it’s been polished to the point where at the very least it provides a new niche for DPS guards in pvp because some of their tools are quite strong.

We can only hope

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.