You've done these things if you're an ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senjun.8149

Senjun.8149

You’ve gotten into a fight with someone and was winning/downed them and ended up using burning speed off of a ledge or forgot to target them before using rtl and fell off a ledge and died.

You went to mist-form stomp someone in a large group and didn’t realize you used mist form before stomping and u just stood there the whole time, probably being massacred as soon as u came out of it.

You occassionally use mist form in downed state to fall to your own death on purpose to avoid letting enemies have the satisfaction of stomping you, sometimes enemies probably follow u off a ledge because they are drooling so much and end up dying themselves.

You’ve used updraft in a fight and ended up falling to your death because you rolled off of a ledge.

You used tornado and charged into the middle of a zerg thinking you’d be useful but died in 2 seconds.

Anyone got anything they wanna add?

(edited by Senjun.8149)

in Elementalist

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

when you’ve worked twice as hard to kill half as many people.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

Misjudged a cooldown when swapping back into an attunement and wasted an attunement recharge timer.

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I wasn’t paying attention and was walking around WvW in a staff (without a zerg).

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

kitten YOU, LEDGESSSSSSS!

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solkard.5136

Solkard.5136

So… you’re an Ele if you’ve used Ele skills?

in Elementalist

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

playing elementalist.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Velth.3780

Velth.3780

You forget the reason to use your elite skill in combat

(edited by Velth.3780)

in Elementalist

Senjun.8149

I wasn’t paying attention and was walking around WvW in a staff (without a zerg).

lmfao!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Velth.3780

Velth.3780

You had to fight against thief without off-hand weapon becouse he popped out of stealth while u were swapping weapons to stack swiftness

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Hahaha, these are so true!!

Tried to LF to a spot 3 feet above you (easily walkable) and nothing happens. 40s cooldown: ele dead.

in Elementalist

Posted by: azraeltsepesh.1602

azraeltsepesh.1602

Finally got to the top of a pain in the butt JP and sneezed hitting burning retreat.

in Elementalist

Senjun.8149

Finally got to the top of a pain in the butt JP and sneezed hitting burning retreat.

Aww lol i accidently rtl’d off ledge before, got impatient moving so slow and underestimated its length.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

You play ele ..
When you didnt realise that for the 3 last matches you were running with the wrong elite
When you realised after sigent nerf patch that you had no keybind for healing skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I didn’t actually do any of the OPs mentioned before lol.

You have used RTL with Autotarget on, went flailing off a bridge into 6 scales (super regen at low levels yay) and their drake friends (losing half hp for your troubles).

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I’ve done all except the tornado one, make it 5 seconds not 2 lol

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

You know you’re an ele if:

-You dropped an AOE in zerker, downed, then ressed yourself then got downed and repeated enough times to die outright from down penalty in less than 3 seconds because there’s NOTHING you can do about it. (AC spiders anyone?)

-You enter combat in WvW with signet of air because you forgot to switch it.

-You’ve used your signet instead of swapping it out just before combat. (tiny buttons above skills ftl.)

-One or more of your burst numbers in zerker made you squee.

-You actually stopped to stare at your screen after realizing how badly Gust missed someone you were 2 inches from.

-You yelled a curse word loud enough to attract odd stares when someone interrupts dagger earth 5.

-You’ve killed an alpha golem on a gate in 5 seconds with a FGS.

-Retaliation killed you from one meteor shower on top of rams.

-You’ve been called a “squish” class by some ignorant twit in a dungeon group.

-You’ve wondered why you don’t get any good looking staves.

-You’ve stopped 50 people in their tracks with one surprise lightning field and made a commander squee.

-You’ve compared dagger offhand lightning to bowling.

-You’ve mist formed in down state to the very edge of the portal to safety, but didn’t make it. (WvW)

-You sunk someone, then raised them, then sunk them again underwater and giggled to yourself.

-You’ve gusted yourself off a cliff when it was reflected.

-You’ve somehow whirled the wrong direction with FGS.

-You’ve drawn permanent aggro from a world boss despite the other 50 people hitting it.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

-raged every “balancing” patch since release

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: NdranC.5107

NdranC.5107

You tried to use Ride the Lightning to move forward while you had a random mob behind you targeted.

Had to fumble in your inventory for the stupid off hand dagger after you switched out of staff.

Switched to air in the middle of pvp and pressed Ride the Lighting only to realize it was on cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Your dungeon team thinks the lone guardian in your group is stacking 25 aoe might.

in Elementalist

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

targeted a mob in a zerg and pressed a skill only to see it go down without you doing any damage

in Elementalist

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Your dungeon team thinks the lone guardian in your group is stacking 25 aoe might.

Yeah kitten the pugs. That’s when I whip out the staff to join the bearbow rangers and stop trying.

targeted a mob in a zerg and pressed a skill only to see it go down without you doing any damage

Dagger/X and lightning whip is your best bet at tagging mobs. Scepter and Staff have much too long cast times even for auto attacks >.>

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

yep…except some of the staff QoL improvements that did basically nothing

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

yep…except some of the staff QoL improvements that did basically nothing

We can finally cast Healing Rain while moving you ungrateful wretch. Be thankful you even get a staff.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaKillaOfHell.5907

DaKillaOfHell.5907

- When you dodge, you use burning retread instead.
- When icebow is your closest friend in dungeons like AC.
- Using RTL and realizing on half way, that there is a cliff and no way of interrupting…
- Using mist form while getting knocked down
- Laughing at the mass of PUG thieves dying with dual daggers while you don’t die at all.
- Running away from anything that looks like a warrior
- Never tell people, but: If you have water magic traited, they won’t die. If you don’t have, they will, but they won’t ever realize the difference.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

-mesmer used timewarp and totaly broke the skill coldown table in your head.

-typically necro (but other can too) put some minor finisher field above fire field and your carefully planned 15+ mights stack for whole PT is gone for next 40s

- for some unknow reason you draw perm aggro on Mossman being 100% ber and having 0 tou

- as the logical consequence of previous point you Vapor Form to water and res yourself on the sufrace while Mossman is waiting on the ground right next to water totally ignoring 4 other party members

- after very fast skill usage you get some kind of an animation lock (like warrior perm GS whirl but ele stays still) that can be escaped only using lighting flash or sometimes using movement skills like RTL

- you wonder if ever Lingering Elements will get fixed cuz you put big hopes in this trait

(edited by Lavadiel.6231)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think if you’ve done that one you’re a true ele:

Your running with a zerg with your inventory open (because there are no weapon swap button for that poor class) . You foresee a battle and start equipping your daggers (browsing through your inventory because they got mixed up with your junk) but suddenly the battle start and you end up with only 1 dagger equipped… Thus having to run away from the battle like a moron to equip the other dagger.

in Elementalist

Senjun.8149

I think if you’ve done that one you’re a true ele:

Your running with a zerg with your inventory open (because there are no weapon swap button for that poor class) . You foresee a battle and start equipping your daggers (browsing through your inventory because they got mixed up with your junk) but suddenly the battle start and you end up with only 1 dagger equipped… Thus having to run away from the battle like a moron to equip the other dagger.

Lol I’ve done this but i just ran in with only a dagger equipped and started spamming lightning whip everywhere.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Niebelheim.6041

Niebelheim.6041

Got two hit by a thief while you were searching your inventory for your other weapons.

Ran away and waited forever to get out of combat because you accidentally normalattacked someone with staff when you wanted to change weapons. By the time you manage to get your daggers most of the fight is over.

Run after someone and used RTL trying to catch him, only to see him use 3-gap opening skills leaving you far behind, and wondering why on earth was RTL considered OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

-Randomly shout attunement swap shouts IRL.
-Your non-player roommates know all your character’s attunement swap shouts but get them slightly wrong and you feel the need to correct them.
-When youre bored in a home city you cast 4 conjures as a ghetto-box-o-fun and watch people grab them and play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

… used RTL on a critter which gets killed by some random guy while you’re flying to the critter… then wondered which to be mad at – the 40s cd or the person that killed the critter.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

You forget the reason to use your elite skill in combat

For running away obviously! Or at least attempting to while getting rooted and crippled while a nearby norn turns into a snow leopard, stealths and charges 3000 units away.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Shift clicked a utility whilst trying to use Shift + 1 (change attunement) and that utility in the next attunement resulting in your death and chat filled with !!!11###23@@@##########99998888888%%%%%%%#333

WTB shift click no longer links stuff to chat

in Elementalist

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

You have perfectly rational hatred towards your entire dungeon team as they seemingly intentionally run away from your Geyser and Healing Rain.

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

in Elementalist

zencow.3651

Shift clicked a utility whilst trying to use Shift + 1 (change attunement) and that utility in the next attunement resulting in your death and chat filled with !!!11###23@@@##########99998888888%%%%%%%#333

9s and 8s? Wish I had a naga mouse :P

in Elementalist

Posted by: GoatCheese.2704

GoatCheese.2704

After the first RTL nerf hit, you swapped to air attunement to see RTL on exactly a five second cd while in combat.

Swap to fire attunement after misjudging the cd of burning speed, then stood around like an idiot for a second or two.

Tried to cast FGS to run, only to be killed while casting.

During a fight you forget you have a heal skill.

Giggling every time a thief Backstabs you when you have Shocking Aura up.

Hestia Aduro

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

9s and 8s? Wish I had a naga mouse :P

I don’t have a Naga. That’s me shift clicking (out of habit really) skills on the bar then trying to continue attacks.

I have a Corsair M90?. I have attune swap and heal – 8 bound to it. Though some of the buttons are a bit awkward so I have shift 1-4 as backup

EDIT:
Sat there watching Invulnerable Invulnerable Invulnerable Invulnerable Invulnerable above your head and wondered why thieves aren’t punished for bad play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

You have used RTL with Autotarget on, went flailing off a bridge into 6 scales (super regen at low levels yay) and their drake friends (losing half hp for your troubles).

This is actually the reason I decided to turn off Autotarget.

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

This is actually the reason I decided to turn off Autotarget.

Sylvari bridge? in the Sylvari starting zone? I though that after I did that on my ranger in the beta I would know better then to do so on my ele. Turns out I did the same stupid thing on the same stupid bridge

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Use RTL to charge into a small wvws group (rather then casually walking up whilst being hit..) only for someone to kill your target the split second you get there, leaving you with a kittened 40sec cd.

Having a zerg chase you into a keep & having to stand at the back of the keep for eons waiting to leave combat so you can swap weapons, only to have to do the same when they are almost in & you want your daggers back.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Felt like an absolute boss when you used all of your skills and merely survived a chase vs. a thief when you got caught with your pants down and …staff… in your hand.

Admired yourself for a moment for actually landing staff air 3 and connecting, then realizing it was a PvE mob and they would walk right into dragon’s tooth.

Used an S/D burst build, then realized you didn’t sign up to be a poor-man’s thief and went on hiatus from pvp for a while.

Gave lots of feedback/well thought out suggestions on forums on ways to balance an elementalist, and never once had that feedback heard.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wryog.5073

Wryog.5073

Used Earthquake/Ring of Fire randomly because you were in the wrong attunement.

Wryog [WBC] – elementalist
Gunnar’s Hold

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Why not use keybinds that don’t do that :p tbh I use ctrl q/e

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lavadiel.6231

Lavadiel.6231

You have perfectly rational hatred towards your entire dungeon team as they seemingly intentionally run away from your Geyser and Healing Rain.

even today typical pug dung player run away from Lava Font (and I dont blame him, it looks scarry) sometimes I use it to set propper party placement or cast 100% hit Geyser.

(edited by Lavadiel.6231)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Qori.9671

Qori.9671

when your running around with your staff and think your in air attunement and cast windborne speed only to realize you were in fire and go rolling in the opposite direction….

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

You try and pop LF but you automatically move your cursor to a 1500 range instead then you die.

You use mist form and die to conditions

You use rtl and die to conditions

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zyter.3578

Zyter.3578

Quietly shed a tear when you fight against a stunlock warrior in spvp that can also auto regen 80% of your lightning whip damage as a bunker ele.

Get confused when you suddenly mistform in combat only to realise you suddenly died while smashing buttons and wasting your downed ability.

Seeing your LF go on cooldown without actually bringing you somewhere.

Giggling like a little girl when you updrafted someone from a ledge (and not dying yourself)

Running around panicking when your health is extremely low, smashing the water attunement button when it has 2 seconds left on cd (with all utilities on cd as well).

Noticing you’re the only ele in spvp for 5 matches minimum between at least 6 warriors and 4 necromancers spread over both sides.

Losing sight of your mouse cursor during combat and having the feeling your hand controlling the mouse is lost in the void.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

Yea, my frined uses e shift-e q and shift-q.
The real question is, why does shift click activate chat when in combat? Who is going to -l-I-k-e- (edit) link skills mid combat?

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

in Elementalist

zencow.3651

The real question is, why does shift click activate chat when in combat? Who is going to -l-I-k-e- (edit) link skills mid combat?

For warriors in soloQ I think you would want to ping your Warbanner to let others know you’re rezzing so others don’t waste their skills also trying to help the owne players

Also thieves’ SR to tell the downed player to stop spamming 1/ press escape to cancel the guardian/necro channeled downed skill.

Would be useful for Glyph of Renewal too but… Ele.

in Elementalist

TGSlasher.1458

For warriors in soloQ I think you would want to ping your Warbanner to let others know you’re rezzing so others don’t waste their skills also trying to help the owne players

Also thieves’ SR to tell the downed player to stop spamming 1/ press escape to cancel the guardian/necro channeled downed skill.

Would be useful for Glyph of Renewal too but… Ele.

That’s what ctrl click is for, the one that doesn’t put you into your chat window. Think I might just registry hack my keys so that shift is alt and alt is shift, then reassign my attunments to alt 1- 4