Your opinions please....

Your opinions please....

in Elementalist

Posted by: psychosiz.7109

psychosiz.7109

You know the story, prodigal player returns home to the game after some time away. I realized when I logged on, I never used my instant level 80. I am debating which class to use it on and how to use it. I have narrowed it down to elementalist, mesmer and warrior for the choices. As with all the classes it seems they all have strengths and weaknesses. While I know I am on the elementalist forum, I would appreciate any insights on choices. I plan to PVE solo with the eventual run in with others for events. I will be playing story 3 for sure, and possibly HOT and Story 2. While I know all the classes have viable builds, at least I think they do, how is elementalist fairing these days and any of the others I mentioned if you possess that knowledge. I have read through some of the threads on here and got some information. As for me, I am not the best player and also not the worst. I also don’t have any crafting skills as I never developed them when playing previously. Thanks for any responses and insights.

Your opinions please....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

Well elementalist is top tier DPS right now, if u are looking for the best aoe dps go for ele.

They can also support through heals and might stacks/fury.

You can’t go wrong with ele.

The hard part is that this class is very squishy and you may die a lot in the learning curve. After some time you can be really ideal for damage etc.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Your opinions please....

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Don’t use on ele nor mesmer.
Use it on the warrior.

Ele and mesmer have more complex mechanics that taking the time to level the character helps you to develop and understand. They are both squishy relying more on dodges and active defenses (invuls, evades, kiteing).

If you want to have a lvl 80 character to be able to join the expansion and do more content from the start, I’d recommend the warrior. Its a more forgiving class to learn the game and will give you more opportunity to learn the game and fight mechanics.

Warriors are also always wanted on group content and great for solo wvw and pvp too.

Your opinions please....

in Elementalist

Posted by: psychosiz.7109

psychosiz.7109

Thank you both for your responses. They were both helpful and gave me something to think about in different ways.

Your opinions please....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leggendalex.4659

Leggendalex.4659

ill say revenant instead beacuse is a good class and easy to play and the elite will probabily be in the condi meta (so you enjoy pof a bit more considering that the new warrior elite is pvp focused)

Your opinions please....

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I main ele and use war as backup if in the mood (or need in pvp). I can say that ele is more fun to play in the long run.

Your opinions please....

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

My opinions:

I like freshly made pizza but sadly don’t have the time to make it fresh myself anymore.
Americans are really weird.
Intra solar system exploration would be nice to do.
I think cooking using good ingredients is much healthier for people in general.
There’s too many cars on the road atm.
Public services should be just that, public run and public owned.

Sorry just read the title and got carried away.

Mesmer:
Great team support, sucks more than a red light district after pay day for solo play. Lots of fun in WvW especially for power builds even if it’s not amazing.

Ele:
Great for PvE, good for WvW and PvP though shut down by current interrupt spam daredevils. This is in my opinion one of the best characters to have if you are good at it as you do loads of AoE damage in PvE and can adapt to many circumstances especially with legendary gear to stat swap as needed.

Warrior:
I find them too straight forward and boring a lot of the time but they are a staple part of PvE for buffs and decent in WvW/PvP when played well. Core warrior is very nicely balanced for WvW with risk/reward and clear counters that many classes should aspire to be like instead of the HoT creeped mess that many were for more than a year.

Another good class to look at is engineer, like ele it’s very adaptable to a lot of situations except healer. It’s more complex in some ways for the condition builds in PvE but it’s also amazing damage if you get the rotation down.

My recommendation is play ele, you will hate it at times but work through it and you see how amazing and versatile they can be. They’re also one of the few classes with a ranged ground targeted teleport skill which is invaluable.