Zerker nerfed. Cele untouched.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

http://dulfy.net/2015/09/26/gw2-twitchcon-skill-balance-update-preview/
Is this a kittening joke.

Burning fire not giving might will pretty much 100% remove zerker ele from the game, while cele ele will hardly even care.

How stupid do you have to be to think that cantrip might is actually going to hit cele? 3 stacks on 60 second cooldowns that a cele build will only pop defensively?
Meanwhile lightning flash/cleansing flame burst builds lose 6-9 might for the burst.

Not to mention they kittening nerf our only active defense. Blind CD up. Vigor CD up.
Yay, everybody is now even more forced to run water cele or get blown up instantly.

I’m kittening done. The elementalist devs have no idea what the kitten they are doing, and its painfully obvious. They do this every time the elementalist gets a strong build. nerf everything except that build to kitten on the class as a whole, so players are even more forced to play that one build and nothing else. There has literally been one competitive tier pvp ele build since the start of the game.

TL;DR: Blind CD up. Vigor CD up. Instant might removed. How is this anything but ANet saying “you want to not play cele? kitten you”.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

Have fun in World of Warcraft.

Attachments:

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

in Elementalist

Linnael.1069

Have fun in World of Warcraft.

Have fun with your illiteracy.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Burning fire not giving might will pretty much 100% remove zerker ele from the game, while cele ele will hardly even care.

How stupid do you have to be to think that cantrip might is actually going to hit cele? 3 stacks on 60 second cooldowns that a cele build will only pop defensively?
Meanwhile lightning flash/cleansing flame burst builds lose 6-9 might for the burst.

Not to mention they kittening nerf our only active defense. Blind CD up. Vigor CD up.
Yay, everybody is now even more forced to run water cele or get blown up instantly.

I’m kittening done. The elementalist devs have no idea what the kitten they are doing, and its painfully obvious. They do this every time the elementalist gets a strong build. nerf everything except that build to kitten on the class as a whole, so players are even more forced to play that one build and nothing else. There has literally been one competitive tier pvp ele build since the start of the game.

TL;DR: Blind CD up. Vigor CD up. Instant might removed. How is this anything but ANet saying “you want to not play cele? kitten you”.

Elementalist don’t get a strong build from time to time….it has been the same one since the beginning of time, go water/arcana/cantrip or go die in a pit

in Elementalist

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Elementalist don’t get a strong build from time to time….it has been the same one since the beginning of time, go water/arcana/cantrip or go die in a pit

You’ve not seen the broken thing I plan for Tempest.

Alerie Despins

in Elementalist

Linnael.1069

Exactly. More accurate wording would have been “whenever the ele build gets strong from time to time”.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Just LOL at this crap. ANet has no idea of balance. Thank goodness we started with relatively good balance.* But it never really gets better or worse anymore. They always go in the wrong direction, correct it, but then take two steps back again.

*if you don’t think gw2 is overall pretty good balance (balance =/= build variety) then you never played EQ or WoW or SWTOR at the start with some serious messed up game breaking stuff. Like few people would remember but there was an item for a short while that gave shamans (was a quest item, horde only) near perma invuln in pvp…

in Elementalist

Posted by: BartHomer.7512

BartHomer.7512

WHAT IS A-NET DOING?? HOW AM I SUPOSED TO USE POWER BUILDS IN WVW ATM? WHY IS WARRIOR ALLOWED TO HAVE PERMA VIGOR WITH ONE kittenING SGINET BUT THEY NERF ELE??

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Blinding ashes is not good. It nerfs non water buils much more. :-(.
And the CD on elemental wont change much on elite usage

in Elementalist

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

We all complain Ele community is stuck to D/D Ele, what ANet, it forces us more to play more D/D.

What sort of defense a Scepter/X Fire/Air/Arcana Ele has, outside of Blinding Ashes none.

Just because of that it was buffed to 5s from 8s and now nerfed back to 8s because of D/D Ele.

Ok, the trait was OP for D/D Ele but what can Scepter can do about it.

At least change the trait so that if you equip Scepter ICD is 5s, I know there are such special weapon modifier all over the game.

in Elementalist

Posted by: makku.2508

makku.2508

I’ve given up hope on these guys long before. I’d just appreciate if they’d finally start rolling out these changes exclusively to their idiotic sPvP game mode that is pretty alienated from the rest of the game anyways and isn’t even remotely relevant in esports whatsoever, instead of consistently kittening with the class game-wide when it’s not even close to being a problem anywhere besides that crappy conquest based abomination called sPvP.

There is only one god, and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to Death: ‘Not today’.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I’ve given up hope on these guys long before. I’d just appreciate if they’d finally start rolling out these changes exclusively to their idiotic sPvP game mode that is pretty alienated from the rest of the game anyways and isn’t even remotely relevant in esports whatsoever, instead of consistently kittening with the class game-wide when it’s not even close to being a problem anywhere besides that crappy conquest based abomination called sPvP.

Excuse me? They just nerfed Frost Bow into oblivion because of PvE, in case you hadn’t noticed somehow.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

Its kinda funny that only eles think this change is unfair.

While im sure this hit zerker hard it did hit cele too. The reason it hit cele is because cele was still good damage with much less risk and with the might stacks your damage in power and condition could get kitten close to Mara, or Carrion type damage. While allowing you to be fairly defensive and heal like a boss. Ele was a god any time it ran into 1v1ing another profession. This should never be the case for any profession. Ele is becoming just as it should be for what it can do.

Im gonna be proud to stomp eles who continue to try and bs their way around with d/d come Tuesday. Instead of raging you could go ahead and spend time using other build options >.>.. Vigor uptime should have been nerfed long ago and they said that was happening across the board on all professions who had traits like that. So im sure it just wont be ele.

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

While im sure this hit zerker hard it did hit cele too. The reason it hit cele is because cele was still good damage with much less risk and with the might stacks your damage in power and condition could get kitten close to Mara, or Carrion type damage. While allowing you to be fairly defensive and heal like a boss. Ele was a god any time it ran into 1v1ing another profession. This should never be the case for any profession. Ele is becoming just as it should be for what it can do.

Im gonna be proud to stomp eles who continue to try and bs their way around with d/d come Tuesday. Instead of raging you could go ahead and spend time using other build options >.>.. Vigor uptime should have been nerfed long ago and they said that was happening across the board on all professions who had traits like that. So im sure it just wont be ele.

You are the person whining here.

D/D Ele will still running around with Perma vigor and 8s ICD of BA isn’t really changing a lot for D/D, for me, I don’t care less I was not using the traits that is nerfed anyway.

What is hit really hard is glass cannon Scepter/X Ele and I am sorry for you but you will only see more of urs hated D/D Eles around, that will be only effects of these nerfs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

D/D Ele will still running around with Perma vigor and 8s ICD of BA isn’t really changing a lot for D/D, for me, I don’t care less I was not using the traits that is nerfed anyway.

What is hit really hard is glass cannon Scepter/X Ele and I am sorry for you but you will only see more of urs hated D/D Eles around, that will be only effects of these nerfs.

Yeah, it is true that the vigor nerf affects non-D/D ele builds more. If they really needed to nerf vigor, they should have nerfed soothing disruption instead because cantrips are must-haves atm and it’s not healthy. I guess that they probably did not want to nerf cantrip traits twice in the same patch and they went with this instead.

The scepter is going to need some godly buffs if it’s to become an option after this. If it somehow receives these buffs in the patch it won’t be so bad, but I have my doubts.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZDragon.3046

ZDragon.3046

Lol im not whining actually i dont main ele i do play it but my go to is necro so i could care less about ele nerfs im happy that i dont have to be lucky blown up by crossing ring of fire one time and getting 12 burn procs. And the might off cantrips will stop them from being stupid op with tanky builds. Cele will still be good it just wont be godlike. As for your perma vigor no not really… if you choose to still run cantrips you will have a high amount of vigor but you won’t be able to permanently maintain it. if you ever gett boon converted or stop fighting because of having to retreat/get interrupted with cc for too long. Before one could maintain vigor without cantrips with minimal boon duration and even without it because of the 5-second boon and 5-second icd now with that going to 10 thats a big gap to fill. With the lack of 12 might from cantrip your d/d damage is going to drop a good bit on every build.

and every d/d ele i see im going to stomp

You have better chances on scepter honestly. I find scepter harder to fight than d/d in most cases.

(edited by ZDragon.3046)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Actually, what is sad about it is how ppl like you miss the fact most ppl here agree with the nerf on cele d/d. What they have a problem with is what the nerf does to other builds.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Exact. D/D is OK. Unfortunately evryone trying to build without water is also hit.
The enurance and blinding ashes hits non d/d especially non water and those S/X build need a buff not nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Yeah, they should’ve nerfed Soothing Disruption’s vigor instead of Renewing Stamina.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

in Elementalist

posthumecaver.6473

Lol im not whining actually i dont main ele i do play it but my go to is necro so i could care less about ele nerfs im happy that i dont have to be lucky blown up by crossing ring of fire one time and getting 12 burn procs. And the might off cantrips will stop them from being stupid op with tanky builds. Cele will still be good it just wont be godlike. As for your perma vigor no not really… if you choose to still run cantrips you will have a high amount of vigor but you won’t be able to permanently maintain it. if you ever gett boon converted or stop fighting because of having to retreat/get interrupted with cc for too long. Before one could maintain vigor without cantrips with minimal boon duration and even without it because of the 5-second boon and 5-second icd now with that going to 10 thats a big gap to fill. With the lack of 12 might from cantrip your d/d damage is going to drop a good bit on every build.

and every d/d ele i see im going to stomp

You have better chances on scepter honestly. I find scepter harder to fight than d/d in most cases.

Yeah, your times of intentionally crossing Ring of Fire and transfering 12 stacks of burning are also over.

I find Necro / DD matchup fair, one master of applying conndis/corrupts other master of cleansing…player quality decides who wins….

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Guys, we don’t even know the final list of changes. The version Dulfy posted was explicitly incomplete. Can we please wait to run around screaming about how the sky is falling until the actual patch notes are posted?

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Guys, we don’t even know the final list of changes. The version Dulfy posted was explicitly incomplete. Can we please wait to run around screaming about how the sky is falling until the actual patch notes are posted?

They (anet) announced it themselves, it is highly unlikely it will change much or at all at this point.

in Elementalist

Blaine Tog.8304

They (anet) announced it themselves, it is highly unlikely it will change much or at all at this point.

I’m not saying these changes are going to, well, change. Just that the changes we know about are not exhaustive. A given nerf or buff is meaningless without context. It makes very little sense to work ourselves into a conniption over a partial picture.

in Elementalist

Posted by: yumee.1405

yumee.1405

you said it all

in Elementalist

Posted by: SongOfDestruction.2984

SongOfDestruction.2984

The whole reason ele vigor was 5/5 instead of 5/10 like other classes is because its a major trait for eles, a minor trait for all others.
Mesmer, minor trait: 5s vigor on crit, 10s icd
Guardian, minor tait: 5s vigor on crit, 10s icd
Ele, MAJOR trait: 5s vigor on crit, 10s icd
Engi, MAJOR traitL 5s vigot in swiftness, 5s icd
Does this seem fair? Instead of trying the trait more to criticals, so that berserker and assassin gear eles get more defensive vigor while celes get less, anet once again took the copout to kitten over any other ele build. Its like the only want d/d to be viable, but they want it to be mediocre at best and are willing to kitten everything else the class has to make that happen. RIP aura signet ele when Fires Embrace was taken. RIP fresh air ele when bolt to the heart had to compete with fresh air. RIP glass staff ele when thieves and mesmers got survivability buffs to help them hunt down the staffies while we got nothing.
But thats ok, I’ll just go do some fractals one my ele, at least my team still wants my icebows…

in Elementalist

Posted by: yumee.1405

yumee.1405

you forgot the 50% less damage on icebow XD they will not want you anymore for this one x)

in Elementalist

Blaine Tog.8304

you forgot the 50% less damage on icebow XD they will not want you anymore for this one x)

Two Eles will no longer be a mandatory component of every meta team, this is true, but we still have really strong DPS and utility. I ran a Fractals 30 last night with a team of three Eles and we tore through most fights.