in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

from today’s preview stream, the new amulets:

the berserker amulet will no longer give you vitality

Berserker: 1200 pow, 900 pre, 900 fero

but in case they added a new amulet

Marauder: 1050 pow, 1050 pre, 560 vit, 560 fero

the problem with this is, you lose 200 ferocity from the air line because this amulet gives a mere 110 more ferocity than the current berserker. the power increase is 120.

and yet again the ele is kittened because of its low health pool, we cant take the berserk amulet because surviving with 11k hitpoints is a lame joke.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

and again berserk eles get the short stick

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

It is safe to assume as long as karl is the ele developer we are kittened either ways. Remember in gw2 only cel d/d exist, no other weapon type exist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I play a staff cele build currently, and find it to be really successful. (as a pug queuer in ranked) The amount of team support I have is surreal, and I feel like a powerhouse. Mercy runes, along with tons of stability and mist form, means I can rez allies like no other. Very fun if you like to play support. (very little damage)

In the coming patch, everything is changing. You can’t look at this amulet change and say that damage focused eles will suffer. I’m much more concerned with surviving against the new thieves, mesmers, engineers and condi rangers. A little scared even.

However, we’ll only really see how it plays out within the next few weeks.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

Hey why is that a bad thing??Marauder gives more stat points and you trade a little bit of damage (still you ll do more than 0 6 0 2 6 currently) for 5k6 vitality?
Jekkt isnt that great if you plan on going with stoneheart like you want since it ll now pump up the effective health even more??
Im definately trying arcane precision with this btw !!Crit chance went even higher ,great news for the procs and fresh air consistency

(edited by Avead.5760)

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

the problem is it gives you less than the current berserker amulet. and while other classes with higher hp pools can go full out berserk ele is the class that gets left behind again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

To be fair if you were going zerk ammy before 99% of your effective time was spent spent without taking damage. If anybody that could actually touch you targeted you, you were flat out dead anyways so it didn’t matter.

I’m still gonna be going zerk.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

old system: 0/6/0/2/9= 300pre, 300fer, 100vit, 100heal PLUS zerker amulet= 932pow, 650prec, 331vit, 451fer PLUS 926pow, 926pre, 926 fer, 926 vit, 926 tough EQUALS 1858pow, 1876pre, 1677fer, 1357vit, 926tough, 100 heal

new system marauder amulet= 1050 pow, 1050pre, 560vit, 560 fer PLUS 1000 pow,1000pre, 1000fer, 1000vit, 1000tough EQUALS 2050pow, 2050pre, 1560fer, 1560 vit, 1000tough

this means +192pow, +174pre, -122fer, +203vit, +78tough, -100heal

the +192pow and +174pre together, overcome the -122fer.

(edit: for 06/0/4/4, it’s +103 vit and -200 heal)

sorry, but to me it looks like new marauder build > old zerker build

– The Baconnaire

(edited by Forgotten Legend.9281)

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

fresh air is 06044 so you gain no health at all and you lose 200 healing power.

you lose air training and bolt to the heart, 122 ferocity while you gain the power precision and toughnes.

classes with enough base hitpoints get a bigger damage boost compared to this while ele is forced into marauder, that’s what i’m trying to say here.

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

@forgotten legend Pretty much !
Only its +203vitality
People are bringing doomsday over a definite buff again..Its getting tiresome this negativity

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

it is a definite buff, a minor one. but if you compare it to other classes that have a higher base hp and can therefore take the berserker amulet it’s just another kick in the teeth for classes with the lowest base health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Imho you won’t miss the vitality from water. I was normally using either 26006 or 06026 and it’s not such a difference, but you probably won’t be able to use zerker effectively in spvp anymore. I don’t think Marauder is such a bad choice, though. I don’t understand why there’s so much prec but so little ferocity, but it’s how it is.

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

i am planning on running berserk with wurm runes to get 13400 hp but idk if it’s just suicidal…. fresh air needs the damage..

in Elementalist

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

i full full zerk in wvw and im tier 1 and i dont mind it that much but any mistake or if im late to mist form or dodge means my death. also no fields other than the lines on the ground show up in wvw which hurts a light zerk class like myself. I understand ele zerk is devastating but i would hope for a more hp not less. they are also removing vet stacks from wvw which hurts when you hardly have hp at 11.9k hp to start off with. im guessing with the new class balancing they want every ele to be trait-ed into a cantrip build which wont be as hard to do having 3 full lines but still

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

All the stat changes do is reinforce locking in Cele and arc/water for competitive play. It’s been like this from the start of time, were not only the only squash class with with no innate defense (stealth,illutions, blinds, daze, invulnerability, death-shroud/vitality) but were also the most squash class in the game. The game devs don’t understand this and its why ele have and will continue to be water/arc. Its why were forced into cantrips 100%.

We need to trait near perma protection,vigor, and regen to keep our kitten tier base armor and hp semi effective, and need to back it up with an amulet that gives both vitality and toughness to not be oneshot by a bunker guardian, let alone a zerker class. So thats a very limited amount of amulets if you want to even do damage, and very limited trait choices as it requires atleast 2 lines for the prot/regen/vigor. and without stun breakers and clense we would just die to both burst and condi builds in seconds so hello cantrip builds

Yeah we can throw on a zerker amulet and do thief/mesmer level damage, except were glass without a built in defense mechanic so why hurt your team and play a clearly inferior burst build that brings no utility

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

What a well designed class…./s

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

It is safe to assume as long as karl is the ele developer we are kittened either ways. Remember in gw2 only cel d/d exist, no other weapon type exist.

All fall before Karlmir, god of trolls.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

This is what i see to. Water and cantrips for PvP and WvW or wie die in seconds …. ele ist not unplayable bad, but the options for using glyphs, conjured weapons or spec without water look bad. In PvE you can do it but this game is centered more on payers to battle each other then PvE.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

This is what i see to. Water and cantrips for PvP and WvW or wie die in seconds …. ele ist not unplayable bad, but the options for using glyphs, conjured weapons or spec without water look bad. In PvE you can do it but this game is centered more on payers to battle each other then PvE.

I disagree, with Marauder you’ll have 17K hp and will still be doing decent damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

What’s with everyone complaining about loosing stats from traits, you’ll get them back with higher baseline stats and increased gear stats.

Currently, if you play zerker gear + traits with defensive stats, you are technically not pure zerker so there is no point to compare this to full zerker post patch. You can switch few gear pieces and have very similar stats to as now (wvw/pve). In pvp it will depend on the amulet choices (didn’t watch streams so don’t know about those).

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

What’s with everyone complaining about loosing stats from traits, you’ll get them back with higher baseline stats and increased gear stats.

Currently, if you play zerker gear + traits with defensive stats, you are technically not pure zerker so there is no point to compare this to full zerker post patch. You can switch few gear pieces and have very similar stats to as now (wvw/pve). In pvp it will depend on the amulet choices (didn’t watch streams so don’t know about those).

The baseline is only increased by like 80, lol. The issue people are complainig about is the fact you cannot take an amulet without vitality due to losing the hp from Berserker amulet and eventually water line.

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

Losing.

And you cannot customise amulets in PvP, which means you have to compare with what is exactly there.

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

Here is a nice suggestion, before commenting on something, maybe know what you are talking about or even what the topic is about.

This topic is about PvP, if you had actually read the OP it was apparent he was talking about PvP, not PvE. So what you said is meaningless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gibe.8172

Gibe.8172

With 900 ferocity , the critical damage will be over 210% .
Now , in pvp, shouldn’t the damage be locked at 200%?
What’s the meaning of this? should i think that there is no more the critical dmg limit in pvp?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

If you are good at zerker ele it will be as good as it ever was…. + you get evasive arcane + cleansing water w/o losing any damage, not to mention the super speed you get from attuning to air. Also with marauder amulet you will have about 17.2k hp which is pretty good.

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

“without losing anydamage” you forget that they removed air training and bolt to the heart is a gm now, so there is a loss in damage.

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

I disagree, with Marauder you’ll have 17K hp and will still be doing decent damage.

I might take that back, with Marauder, the damage is a bit meh, maybe a little lower than pre patch. Obviously I haven’t figured out what traits to take, but in many traitlines I just don’t know because everything is bad. And still don’t understand the 5 sec ICD on burning precision.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I think I’m just going to take out my engi… Why even bother when you’re getting nerfed constantly.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Zerker ele is dead, stop trying now.

Thief and mesmer can now actually 1-shot you from stealth, with no means of counterplay for you. Pack it up, play something tanky, or gtfo.

In other news, d/d now has fresh-air so it has a decent amount of damage, but you should probably just play engie. Gotta say, 26s RtL feels good…real good. Air/water/arcana has amazing mobility and pretty good damage, plus fresh-air makes it more than braindead “follow this rotation”

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

You guys are rediculous! This morning I was doing 25k with scepter/focus burst, play less forum wars 2 please!

(edited by Grimreaper.5370)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

You guys are rediculous! This morning I was doing 25k with scepter/focus burst, play less forum wars 2 please!

Aww that’s cute. 25K burst, did no one sneeze in your direction?

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

wel…
tbh i’m not a fan of this update at all. the cancer this time is just a notch above what i can enjoy…

i tried berserk ele and successfully oneshot condi engis and stuff but i have to play like with 200% effort. the condicrap flying around is insane so i am more than happy that i run earth water air… i also trolled some condi players with wurm marauder diamondskin 19k hp fresh air, their tears were delicious. now the downside is that mesmers can shatter me for 16k and necro’s life blast hits for 5k+ lol.

in Elementalist

Avead.5760

FA with water and arcana didnt work for me that good and i tried it for like 2 hours firsth thing when patch hit..
FA with fire though does way more damage than before with a notch increased survivability due to blinds.Its funny how you are full invested in power but you still need the burning stack to surpass the threshold damage to actually be worth running it

in Elementalist

PlatinumMember.5274

They fixed rtl?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

They fixed rtl?

By fix you mean reduced the cooldown/removed the dual hit cooldown? Then no, but Air Training reduces the cooldown of RtL to 13 hit/26 miss so it’s ALMOST like having old RTL back. Almost.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

in Elementalist

Laraley.7695

They fixed rtl?

By fix you mean reduced the cooldown/removed the dual hit cooldown? Then no, but Air Training reduces the cooldown of RtL to 13 hit/26 miss so it’s ALMOST like having old RTL back. Almost.

It’s awesome, but also sad this is the thing that was enough for me to be satisfied. How little I expect from the devs.